London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
18/02/2013 at 22:25

I've been blinded by science   Hope its gone now.

Jo , OH has a collection of stuff down the side of the conservatory- he always says it'll come in handy and just to prove his point told me he will be using some of it for the base of the water feature

Off to bed now. Just wanted to play on here for a bit to see if it was behaving. Seems ok now

Nighty night.

18/02/2013 at 22:27

Sorry Jean. Goodnight.

18/02/2013 at 22:30

No don't apologise Becks I'm just not very good with pcs.

Do you think it's gone way now ?

18/02/2013 at 22:32

Weather person has just used the S word for midlands this week

Night all 

18/02/2013 at 22:33
Yep, if your antivirus protection has got rid of it. Shame you can't remember what you were doing, or clicked on to activate it.
18/02/2013 at 22:35

All I was doing was reading the posts on here. Gave me quite a turn when the funeral march burst forth

18/02/2013 at 22:38
I bet! First thing tomorrow, do a full scan as well, just to check. Is yours mcafee?
18/02/2013 at 22:39

Congrats Sue, but what are the saltmines? Or am I the only one who doesn't know?

Don't overdo it Jo, sounds as though you've done stacks already. Do the old apple trees have to be pruned? Can't they just be old trees? Is there room to plant new, young, fruitful ones?Sounds as though it's an acid garden, can you grow azaleas (saw there was one) and rhododendrons? I started my 2 daughters off with their gardens, one has a tiny garden which I designed and installed with help of her OH and the other has a big garden. I helped her plant a mixed shrub hedge round it and dig some beds. Now they are quite keen. Big garden girl is planting lots of roses.

The baby penguins were sooooo cute. But what a hard life.

18/02/2013 at 23:08
Ha ha. The saltmines are a popular supermarket. Pays ok but they want your life and soul!!
New job starts on 18th march. So leaving do on 16th. Your all invited. Will have lots of wine
Thanks for all your good wishes.
18/02/2013 at 23:25

http://www.vigiers.com/wp-content/themes/vigiers/images/flash/wine2.jpg

Have lots of wine here.( SW France) 2 glasses a day keeps the doctor away.

18/02/2013 at 23:36
Oh yes please. Mines a large one - hic
18/02/2013 at 23:58

My computer went peculiar as well

Going to scan now

19/02/2013 at 06:22

Good morning folks - just popping in to say hello before I get off to w@@k   It was lovely having a three day weekend.

19/02/2013 at 07:02
Morning Dove and anyone else around, I have a one day weekend coming up! Part time block students on Saturday. Feel like I could go back to bed now, I could do with winning the lottery tonight.
19/02/2013 at 07:28

Morning forkers,

Chilly out there this morning. There was a hard frost.

A snap for today.. hellebores beginning to bloom...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18774.jpg?width=299&height=350&mode=max

19/02/2013 at 07:30

Morning Dove and Glyn and all who are yet to surface.  

Pc seems to be behaving itself this morning but it seems a little slow.I'll do that scan now as suggested . I ran a cleaner through it last night and compressed files - is that the same thing ? I have AVG protection.

Any more probs and I'll ask OH to have a look at it.

Have a good day

19/02/2013 at 08:59

Morning all.

Gary what a fabulous hellebore! And as usual, a superb photograph.

Can't believe how much catching up I've got to do - busy thread yesterday!! Can't now, I'm off to water the village plant troughs and catch up with my watering buddy.

19/02/2013 at 09:38

Morning tweeters

I can here a bird tweeting- think it is a goldfinch in the sycamore next door- and the constant thumping continues unabated

Oops must have heard me- the thumping has just stopped

Nice snap Gary-sadly have nothing in bloom yet

Very quiet on here at the moment

19/02/2013 at 09:42

Back from watering, clearly not needed at the moment. Did some dead heading but, with frosty fingers, not a pleasurable job!

19/02/2013 at 10:04

That is one beautiful flower Gary  I tried to grow some years ago but they all got munched.

May try again now I know a little more.

After a frosty start , the sun is out. Its a lovely day here.  Just sorting through seeds and checking houseplants that need watering. 

That border is driving me nuts - don't like looking at bare soil  Too impatient but will have to wait. Think I'll pull the blind down.