London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 4°C
21/02/2013 at 20:46

What!! Just saying.

21/02/2013 at 21:04

I shall expect to be called Grandfather-and be bought Werthers

21/02/2013 at 21:22

Do you mean those yummy scrummy Werthers hard caramels? You can get them in France!   

I'm called Granny-Lizzie by some of my grandchildren. That was because Mummy was still alive and my children called her Granny. I like Granny. Daughter and 3 grandsons under 7 left late afternoon. Peace reigns!

Thank you peeps for being so nice about my serious posts.

21/02/2013 at 22:05
Wertherrrrrrrrrs ewwww chewy stuff

Everyone gone to bed then ?
21/02/2013 at 22:33

Just about to go there now Bunny .  Got another busy day ahead tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Geoff - just what I needed 

Congrats to granny-to-be   - a lot of grandmothers here are called Mamgu (the "gu" bit rhymes with "see") and is often shortened to just Gu.   Sad news about the poor little chook

All enjoyed Skyfall.  Hope to chat tomorrow - g'night all.

21/02/2013 at 22:42
Night Caz
22/02/2013 at 07:46
Morning all

Nobody up yet?
Dull and cold but no frost so plan to clean the greenhouse today and get ready for sowing and planting. Seems there has been a little mouse visitor nibbling.
Need to go get a birthday card for mil first thing (OH didn't remind me yesterday) .
Any excitements today forkers ?

Oh weather guru looking ahea on weather showing warmer weather ..should we believe it ?
22/02/2013 at 07:48

Morning forkers,

Fed the birds. Their water was frozen. Should get above freezing today, but with the wind chill will still feel sub-zero.

Deano's "Diggin It" wrote (see)

I, like most other's are tired of this cold winter weather, n just wanna get on!

Some day Spring will come.... but not for the next few days.

Caz W wrote (see)

Bought DVD of Skyfall which we are going to watch tonight. ...All enjoyed Skyfall.

I've just bought that too. It was released on DVD on Monday. £10 from Amazon and Tesco. I haven't watched mine yet.

22/02/2013 at 08:16

Morning Bunny and Gary and to all those yet to arise.

I noticed Skyfall is now available on Box Office with Sky. Looking forward to seeing it but I can wait  

Quite happy this morning - noticed some new fronds appearing on my sundew. Was wondering what to expect as it had all died down to a heap of moss so it looks like its survived the winter.  

I think Spring's packed it's case and gone on vacation.

22/02/2013 at 08:39
Morning both

I'm fully hopeful of warmer weather on its way !!!!

We will watch on box office too jean..at some point. Pleased to hear of new growth.
22/02/2013 at 08:54
Morning, thought I was late this morning, but seems I'm not the only one. Having a nice lie in today instead of tomorrow. Thank goodness I can read my emails from bed, too cold to get out till the house warms up. What will we do when we run out, sounds like it might be sooner than we think!

Have a good day all.
Gyn
22/02/2013 at 08:55

morning from Clogherhead , what a gray day I have woken up to.

its great to be retired ,the starfish structure is on top our new harbour wall .

Derek

22/02/2013 at 08:57

Morning you five.

No frost but thin ice on bird bath and chicken water. I may have to wrap up warm and tackle that pyracantha root today. Will also go looking for signs of spring - saw pulmonarias flowering in a shady corner of someone's garden yesterday.

Keep warm and have fun.

22/02/2013 at 09:02
Morning Glynn , Flo and Derek

Oh Glynn I can't stay in bed as much as I try .
Derek ..starfish structure sounds fun, retired...nice .. Not for me yet though I am allowed time to 'play in the garden' as OH puts it

Flo be careful wiggling , maybe get you belly dancing gear on and neighbours will flock to help out of interest
22/02/2013 at 09:05

I hadn't realised that Clogerhead is a place name - by the sea in Ireland, just opposite the Isle of Man.

22/02/2013 at 09:06
Morning all. Just catching up with yesterdays ramblings!! Interesting Was working a long day yesterday. Beccy - don't really mind what grandchildren call me. Just so long as they call me
Very cold here. Actually got out of bed to turn heating up. Trying to have a lie in as have a late night at work. No such luck. Lost the ability to stay in bed later.
Bunny - whatever you taking, can you send me some please??
22/02/2013 at 09:10
Morning all.
Hello and welcome to Derek!

Having a quiet coffee while the children are still in bed-making the most of last day of half term.
Spoke too soon-son has come down!

Hope to get out for a bit today, loads of weeds that need attention! It was so cold yesterday though,will see what it is like.
22/02/2013 at 09:11
Morning Sue, even Rocky cat is staying in bed this morning. Laying next to me demanding attention and washing my arm!
22/02/2013 at 09:11
Oh, congratulations to you Sue!
Exciting news
22/02/2013 at 09:32
Morning all, everyone has arrived at once. I am still in bed pretending to be sorting out my emails, well I am a few.

Call from hairdresser yesterday to say that they haven't seen me for a while. They must be able to see that I am looking like a shaggy dog.