22/02/2013 at 17:41
I'll see how I get on with pic. See if I get on computer later. Shame you can't add pics using an iPad in a straightforward way!

Cake tastes good, very moist.
22/02/2013 at 17:48

Yeah, that's an idea Bjay! Would that work with normal apples? Not cooking ones?

22/02/2013 at 17:50

Any sort 

22/02/2013 at 17:57

Excellent. And will they freeze? The whole thing once cooked I mean, to re-heat as a hot pud?

22/02/2013 at 17:59

Of course, Eating apples are probably best. try it and see. Sometimes I have sprinkled cinnamon on the apples as well. Easily eaten

Where's Geoff???

22/02/2013 at 18:01

Probably in hiding!!

22/02/2013 at 18:14
Hiding from cake ?

Mmmm upside down apple cakey pudd...with ice cream

OH has requested vanilla sponge filled with jam and choc butter cream, poss with choc drops in sponge, then topped with melted choc and sprinkled with coconut doesn't want much does he !!

Walked dog, freezing !!
Fajitas for tea and maybe film...and maybe a glass of something.

Nola yes wish iPad would upload pics onto here...and use the smileys .
22/02/2013 at 18:25

I am here-but have been busy on something else-just been dipping in and out-no-one has upset me-normal service will be resumed shortly

22/02/2013 at 18:26

When you're dipping in and out, I never know what to think!

22/02/2013 at 18:29

Just watching weather - Snow oop north, sub-zero here. geoff can i come to Valencia?

Mind you even Spain was blue

22/02/2013 at 18:31

HI all. Very interesting day today, we went to the National Archives at Kew to research the sinking of a ship that OH's grandfather was on. He survived the sinking and gave evidence at the inquiry later and we read the minutes of the board of inquiry - the original old documents. OH said it gave him a bit of a shiver reading his grandad's actual testimony. I also used the time to do a bit of research into my family tree.

Then we went to see my brother in the hospital - not good news there as he has an infection and they are moving him to a private room and giving him a course of antibiotics. 

Very very cold out and now I'm off to the scout hut for a cub sleepover - not my idea!!

22/02/2013 at 18:36

Envy here - National archive envy. - the stuff I need to research that is in the archive. 

Done well with Family history, but a lot of gaps, takes years though

Now behave at the sleepover Lottie

Sorry to hear about your brother

22/02/2013 at 18:38
Maybe Geoff will appear on tv tonight...live from Southampton

Booooooo to snow uppp norrrrrfffff ...brrrr , tried today and needn't try anymore !!! Grr

Oh lottie can imagine that would give a shiver , one thing knowing it but to hear it. Sounds like time well spent today though. Sorry to hear brother has infection

Crickey cub sleepover in this weather ...brrr hope you've packed your long johns
22/02/2013 at 18:41
I need to help mum with her side, appears some skeletons there ...hehe obviously but not that type ...in closets
Only know from Southern Ireland
Dads has loads, all Isle of Man . , something else to be on with eeeek.
22/02/2013 at 18:45

He is a busy old goat, traipsing the board's Keeping like minded gardening folk happy with knowledge n experience! 

Friday night's conflab had with gardening buddy, over a few cold beer's obviously! 

Were not happy with how far we have progressed, we are behind, but in the lap of the weather god's, so see how we go! We need to get the final beds in place, but ground too cold n frozen to dig!

But on a plus note! All tomato n pepper seedling's doing well! n we both have large window bottoms to see em on!

Who said gardening wasn't a serious business!   

22/02/2013 at 18:51

Oh Dean it is, but you have to remember not to lose the fun element, that most of us have about it.

My pepper seedlings have finally germinated, taken ages. garlic looks sweet,little spikes popping up through the soil surface.

22/02/2013 at 18:54

This thread is busy! I like Pam LL am slow at posting' n by the time, 

Lottie! My thoughts are with you! 

22/02/2013 at 19:05

B'j! I would never lose the fun element! 

If I ever did, I would stop gardening!  n that just ain't gunna happen! 

But you do try plan! 

22/02/2013 at 19:10
It's supposed to warm up a bit from next week and warmer week after

Least you've sown something you lot
22/02/2013 at 19:24

I wish you would all stop talking about cake - now I am thinking which one to make

Most of the aubergine,pepper and chilli seeds have germinated  I must sort the next lot of seeds out for sowing

Sorry to hear your brother has an infection Lottie

Pam LL x