London (change)
Today 20°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 14°C
25/02/2013 at 09:16

Morning all. -3° here, so a bit warmer than yesterday, snowing lightly. OHs birthday, the nice restaurants are shut on Mondays and we ate too much yesterday. Gloomy time to have a birthday.

25/02/2013 at 09:18

Morning Bunny, Gary and Sue. I have emerged from my warm bed and am officially up&dressed. Dull cold nothing weather again. GW weather is usually a degree colder than BBC weather so I'm opting for 5* today. Indoor plans today apart from dog-walking.

PS Morning Liz. What a pain to have restaurants shut on Mondays!

25/02/2013 at 09:28

Flo, I feel you're teasing me for complaining about lack of a luxury! But my birthday is in September and he always takes me out and I would have liked to take him out. He says to wait until his favourite one opens in March. It's a tourist area here and a lot is shut for the winter.

25/02/2013 at 09:34

No Liz, I really meant it! It's the dreariest time of  year and it's such a nice thing to be able to go out for a lovely celebration. Blloomin' written communication, you can't put across the tone of voice and the facial expression!!

25/02/2013 at 09:44

Thanks Flo. Sometimes I almost feel guilty for living in such a lovely place, especially when in my heart of hearts I would really rather live in England! But I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren living in France.

25/02/2013 at 09:47
Hehe liz and flo , our bdays round christmas and new yr ... Grrrr
25/02/2013 at 10:02

Mine's May - I'm so lucky, it's usually such a lovely time of year. And Spring is my favourite season. I read somewhere that your favourite season is the one in which you were born; my sister, born in September, loves Autumn best but I don't know if it works for everyone!

25/02/2013 at 10:09
Errrr new year .... Nope not my fave
25/02/2013 at 10:09

Good morning Frozen Forkers.

It's my grandaughter's 10th birthday today, Liz. She's having a party with her friends. Would your OH not like a party and play games with his friends?

It's looks lovely outside but was really cold when I took the dog out earlier. Might do a bit of indoor gardening this morning then go outside later. I bought a glory lily tuber and will pot that up later. Has anyone grown that before?

Why were you disappointed with your cobaea last year, Jean? I sowed some about 4 days ago. I've never grown them before but they look beautiful. I was going to put some outside when it warms up and keep some in the conservatory.

25/02/2013 at 10:15

Morning all  Birds fed kitchen ,sorted and now to tackle conservatory  Not sure where to start as there are so many plants in there.

Liz , maybe cook him a nice meal at home ?

Weather grey and miserable here but wouldn't say it's freezing so may get outside for a bit later. Still some honeysuckle root left.  Tenacious little bxxxxr.

Think I'll put a bit of Floyd on while I'm pottering . Pink that is . Not the chef.

25/02/2013 at 10:18

Morning All

September birthday here

Cold and dull AGAIN So much to do outside, might have alook later

25/02/2013 at 10:20

Sorry Pam, completely missed your post.  Yes Pam. the cobaea was a waste of time last year - I lost the lot. Not even one solitary flower Even the one bud dropped off eventually so I 'm not going to bother this year.

Got some canary creeper seeds so hoping they will do better. Apparently they don't need as much heat as the cobaea so here's hoping.

25/02/2013 at 10:20

Morning lovelies.

Dull and dreary here as well. Back to nursery today after a welcome week off. Doesn't feel that cold, but I haven't ventured outside yet.

25/02/2013 at 10:21

morning all

managed to walk and fetch my own news paper this morning  didnt find it cold but dry

coffee time now

25/02/2013 at 10:25
Just hung washing out. Can testify that it is cold here. Brrrr. Just off to eat my eggs then off to saltmines. Don't mind going to work when weather not so good. Really gets me though when nice and sunny.
25/02/2013 at 10:27

Oh, Jean, perhaps if we have a better summer I'll have more luck with cobaea.

25/02/2013 at 10:29

Darrem, thought you were meant to be resting it??

25/02/2013 at 10:48
Off to make the most of this sun , have a good day all...
25/02/2013 at 11:04

Am getting later and later-one day a whole day will go by and I wont even notice

Watched Saw last night-lots of body parts flying about-did not have nightmares and caught up on Ripper Street this morning

Jean-you constantly surprise-Pink Floyd eh?

Summerchild,Southampton

25/02/2013 at 11:08
Bunny - sunny?? Envious.