Start a new thread

22,981 to 23,000 of 29,275 replies

FloBear

Bjay - poor pigeon  (though I know not all would agree). Can pigeons swim ?

sotongeoff

Went to a funeral in Oswestry in April a few years ago-snowed all the the way there -24 hours later all gone.

Mmm-marinated pigeon

Matty2

Don't know about swim, this one looked surprised, if pigeons look surprised

Experimenting with dinner tonight - Roast chicken soup and feta and spinach scones.

OH not impressed, and that's just thinking about it

Had a quick nip into that web site- kept returning 0 searches. Will try again when have had alateral thought - if I ever do

Miss Becks

But they gave you that date for a reason Darren!! Be good to your body now, and it will reward you! Now stop being naughty and do as you're told!

sotongeoff

Has anybody ever tasted swan? or dog?or anything else rather odd?

Advertisement

Gary Hobson

I have a tin of dog food (not for my own personal consumption). Out of curiosity I've just had a look at the 'ingredients'. Contains 'Meat derivatives'. What exactly does that mean? Meat derived from what?

It's supposed to be 'Superchunks with Chicken'. The ingredients say that 4% of the meat is chicken. Where does the other 96% come from?

sotongeoff

It is the bits that humans wont eat-probably swan or rat-why have you got this tin-times hard?-are you going hoeing as well?

Gary Hobson

It's a useful standby.

In case of nuclear attack, or civil unrest.

I wouldn't be much good at surviving on berries and stuff found in hedgrows, especially if it's Winter.

Jean Genie

Oi , I'm still around you know.

I ate goat once .  Didn't know what it was at the time but I'm sure I've eaten much worse - like the little flies that you swallow when walking and talking, and the spiders that creep into your mouth while you're asleep.

Gary Hobson

Or if my Broadband goes down, and I am unable to submit my Tesco order.

You need to be prepared for these contingencies.

Bunny ...
Meat derivatives ...generally feet, beak etc thrown in ?
Gary Hobson

Isn't that a lovely story - a couple were given a tin of chicken - as a wedding present. And they kept it, lovingly, for 50 years.

Corned beef is supposed to keep well.

Advertisement

sotongeoff

Still dont know why Gary has a tin of dog food-did santa promise a puppy and never delivered

Matty2

OH ate some sugar coated locusts, Interviewed someone who had been in Japan.and they gave them to himKept them in a cupboard fro a while Said he was drunk when he did it

Gary Hobson

He sometimes gives his foxy friends a treat.

Matty2

Finally planted my primulas and have dug up rest of spinach after taking some for the scones.