Register with us or sign in
in The potting shed
Well this week I have
1.Done the first lawn cut, didnt re-edge it though as ground was so hard after nearly 3+ weeks without rain, that would've hurt to do it. I ached enough anyway.
2. Cleaned out the majority of back patio slab cracks. I allow lots of self-seeders, but there is a limit. Think I last did it properly in 010! The bottom patio & path still to do. It's a crawling on your knees job- double kneeler used.
3.Started to repot/cull the house plants. Listed the ones need to send with daughter. Really must sort out the pot covers too- job for sometime next week I think when too cold to do much else.
4.Emptied out a layer of the wormery & then re-set it up. Put the resulting compost onto this yrs veg bed for the worms there to do their bit. Saves digging.
5. Had lunch/coffees sat outside on 2 days. Even sat out with a good book one afternoon.
6. Went shopping locally & took loads to the charity shop. Organised an appointment at Bank for next week.
7. Had an old friend from my childhood village phone- lots of chat/advice there. I will get down to WMidlands to give support in the near future.
8. Finally got a cold-caller to actually talk to me when he finally accepted that OH not available. Peace now reigns. OH managed to do a 'silent' call to our land line t'other day. So used my mobile, & credit!, to phone the factory to get him to sort it out. Not a happy bunny OH!
9. Took another friend out today for her birthday. Another GC after a quick shop for us both at a Morrisons en-route, she doesnt drive. Went the 'pretty' way round Bolton oops, will know better next time.
10. Managed to do my 'quick' clean up around the house as well today. Now need to sort out what daughter needs to take for her bed making at her house. She's planning to be there over the w/end. If I see another paint/fabric sample I shall SCREAM!! Apparently it's Dunelm & Laura Ashley on Tuesday..... Think it's my turn to buy the meal out.
Next week I think, at the mo, Monday & Thursday are 'free'..... but that could all change.
So life rather busy. Quite glad that this w/end shant need to do any gardening up at daughter's.
The dahlias are starting, as are some pots of sweetpeas. No rush to do anything else yet though. J.
Good Evening Everyone I have had a lovely busy day again
Pam LL x
this may seem a bit odd? who or what is an OH
Hi ,Thank you Miss Becks .
Nice to hear from you Jo.Feel exhausted just reading all you have done.
Glad we decided not to go to New Forest fo a short break Think we may go to Leeds instead.
Don't know if that lawn edge works or not Becks sorry.
I have been sowing and sewing. So not even had a read as need to concentrate on sewing not sowing
Sorry Derek, Didn't realise you didn't know about OH, covers all sorts!
Good summary Geoff Not that accurate though
Have had a funny half -hour trying sort out bt yahoo account-think it might have been them
Dont seem to have missed much
Sorry Becks dont like edging strips-more trouble than they are worth IMHO
Oh Glyn is home-welcome home
Evening folks, nasty cold I have at the moment, throat red raw and nose like a tap Off to bed early I think, but i have ferreted some vids on youtube for anyone interested. Take care and nn all.
I have again cheated elsewhere! Becoming a right little me cheat on here! Supposedly!
Right I is off! n hopefully tomoz shall go as well as today! get home early n more potting on to do!
Night Dean-looks as though your harem is ahead of you
Oh! n Sue! Hopefullly I shall have a progress report on your raised bed,s?packing crates!
Take it you are the Saltmines!
Am quite pleased that it's raining steadily out there. I was surprised at how dry even below the surface the soil was. When I get the lawn re-edged, then shall need a bark mulch for the adjacent soil. Absolutely noway shall use my compost as that just sets up a nice colony of even more seedlings to deal with in the future.
I'm off too. Night all. J.
Well a quick walk in garden shows that grass is sodden and squelching again.
I see the gallery has slipped but have a photo to take for it tomorrow. Where is everyone?
Almost too quiet
Oh and I've dropped mouse again
Bjay, I'll be reporting you to the RSPCA if you don't take better care of poor mousie!
Well, that's madam fast asleep in bed. Just toasted a hot cross bun.
Hi all ,Brummie ben ,get well soon . excellent saved to favorites , some one up there is not very happy nearly 3 weeks of dry weather and one day of persistent rain and the land is starting to form lakes ,roll on warmer dryer spring .