London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
08/03/2013 at 21:10

I am so releived I am not alone with monty getting on your thrupness  Great phrase 

That's a lovely thought Bunny - roses. I love magnolias, but I would like a tree but no one has asked, well not me Probably not this year, baby, house hunting stuff uses all their money which I don't mind.

It seems Mothering Monday is back on - son come in and says he'll be with us Monday evening and daughter is coming after work  It' s just a time to have my famly together. It seems we are skyping on Sunday as well - things move on without prompting so now I'm smiles again.

08/03/2013 at 21:21

Not checked for ages but I have 1256 reviews now  Can't find the thread geoff

08/03/2013 at 21:25

Sounds as though they all love you and are thinking of you, Rosa. That's what it's all about isn't it?

Got a global email at work a few days ago from the horti department who offer planted flower baskets for such occasions saying 'It's not too late for Mother's Day'. My comment was that it is about 16 years too late for me! Sorry - not meant in anything other than a jocular way. Made my work colleagues laugh.......

08/03/2013 at 21:25
... I'm dumped then
08/03/2013 at 21:34
08/03/2013 at 21:39
I was given a magnolia stellata as a wedding present, now 12 years old.

I am only a step mum which is not quite the same, and no longer have a mum to visit. I'll buy myself some flowers instead.
08/03/2013 at 21:40
that's a good idea Glyn , think I shall adopt that idea
08/03/2013 at 21:41

Does the finger still hurt Glyn?

08/03/2013 at 21:41
Glyn ... A plant not cut flowers then it lasts
08/03/2013 at 21:45

Excellent idea - I'll buy myself some flowers, but after Sunday when they will be selling them off cheap!

08/03/2013 at 21:58
Awwww get to GC and get a plant they're selling off, a least then will last...or some spring bulbs...then they will come up just for you next year
08/03/2013 at 22:01

Why not buy yourselves a plant/fruit bush or something for your garden/lottie that you love and are nurturing.

Thanks Geoff 

If you wrap plaster round your sore finger and the next it will support sore finger till it is more confortable. Bl**** difficult to use keyboard though 

Bunny will we still have cake and a roaring fire? 

08/03/2013 at 22:07
Home from saltmines hours ago. Fish and chips. Fell asleep on sofa. Daughter loved cake. Sang happy birthday to her. Gone out for a curry now. Watched GW. Liked the sound of the cottage garden plan. Might use some ideas. Was right. Carrot cake was huge. Plenty left for everyone.
08/03/2013 at 22:08
Still hurting, can't straighten it now. Good idea Bjay. Don't think you notice the typing anyway, I'm on the iPad, so it's usually haywire anyway.

I'll wait till Monday, they should be on sale by then,
08/03/2013 at 22:09

I am really bad at buying anything for myself....sigh.

And I really must get myself some new shoes (it's desperate as my work ones are in tatters) and office clothes so should take myself off to Clarks Village at Street this weekend.

I HATE clothes shopping, especially shoe shopping.

08/03/2013 at 22:12

Derek, that was interesting about Jethro Tull. In our charity quiz last night one of the questions was "who invented the seed drill?"

Did anyone watch GW or have you all recorded it? I was expecting a load of happy bunnies and lots of GW chat. Why does Joe Swift always design in straight lines? I thought a cottage garden would lend itself to curves and colour - but not according to Jo. Monty's veg garden is so tidy I find it a bit soulless, but it is empty at the moment. Why does my veg garden always have weeds? No, don't answer that one, it's because I don't weed it often enough!

08/03/2013 at 22:14

I am sure it is not just him Liz. And not entirely organic either. I thought veg beds should be prepared by now so that manure is being assimilated.

08/03/2013 at 22:15

I don't have a telly, B-L, but there is a thread about the new GW prog.

08/03/2013 at 22:17

I only get plants - this year I am getting my mum a skirt - she's 90. Bunny if there is wine I'll still join you. never held with cut flowers. the one year when he was about 8 my eldest son insisted I wanted a parrot - OH managed to persuade him a picture would do. he he

Can still do wood burner and that on Sunday though Will we have cake?

thanks for saying that Goldi - i know they do- it was just the moment

08/03/2013 at 22:19

My veg beds have manure put on them late autumn to be worked in in the spring but manure comes from my horses who eat a lot of hay full of wildflower seeds - which aren't wildflowers but are weeds in the veg garden. Seeds seem to survive the rotting process.