10/03/2013 at 13:10
Deano. The last thing you need is a little bitter. Might put some tomato seeds in propagater, in kitchen. Will nip in there before I put the beef into roast.
10/03/2013 at 13:28

Rosa ,what type of bed are you looking at

Derek

10/03/2013 at 13:34

Yes, I have seen the price of beds, Bjay. I desperately need to replace my mattress and have been thinking of getting a king size bed as OH seems to take up a lot of room! Now I'm in limbo trying to decide what to do for the best.

Just had horrible panic. Let dogs out of back door for quick wee, wondered why they were taking longer than usual. Found I'd left the gate to the back garden open and heard squawking as I ran down the path. Poor Maggie, the one remaining chicken, was being pursued behind the shed by Maisie and Pepper (my young westie and shih tzu for those who don't know). I shouted very loudly and a lot but no concerned phone calls from my neighbours this time - they must have remembered the previous occasion   Anyway, OH and I grabbed dogs, Maggie chook looks unhurt, just a bit ruffled. Hope she's not going to die of fright

OH very miffed with me. I said I'd sit and listen to his lecture if he felt he needed to give it - he's gone out

10/03/2013 at 13:51

Oh! Foolish Flo!  Hope all is well? 

Sue! I would rather eat my own kid's than sup that stuff! 

GW on iplayer while pottering I think! 

10/03/2013 at 13:53

I'm not fussy - King size bed, wood frame, and mattress to fit. Must be chunky preferably old pine to match rest of bedroom I

Did see one on internet that wasn't too bad but not really excited about it. Now this is fixed not desperately urgent but still need to keep informed. Flo I have always had a king size, much prefer it.

Is this all going to be too much for Geoff and he'll have to take pills? 

Bjay

10/03/2013 at 13:58

Yes, I am very tempted Bjay. We each have our own duvet as he is a chilly mortal and I get hot. Not a lot of room on a standard sized bed.

At the very least, he'll need a lie-down

10/03/2013 at 14:03

I 'm here

The answer is separate beds-with a footpath in between -best of both worlds

Off out soon to pick up some free goldfish -courtesy of gumtree ad

10/03/2013 at 14:09

I suggested that, didn't go down very well. Don't know why 

Hope Maggie is OK - next door but one chicken somhow got over fence to garden at the back of them Chicken was rescued but featherless, A good thing it was apuppy that was there I think

Are you taling the goldfish to Spain??

10/03/2013 at 14:12

Bjay-I dont consider things like that-got a viewing Tuesday

Cody dances round the chickens-or they dance round him

10/03/2013 at 14:37

If only my dogs would dance with the chickens!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19609.jpg?width=480&height=350&mode=max

10/03/2013 at 15:04

Seen it all now , Flo. Lucky escape for Maggie.

Having gardening withdrawal symptoms today - far too cold for me  but OH is out there treating the arch and posts as the new trellis panels are standing out like a sore thumb.

Having problems with the water feature , he think's it's a break in the wiring somewhere so  it's going to be a process of elimination  He's not one to be beaten though so know it will be sorted eventually - just don't know when.

Is everyone out and about in their thermals ?

10/03/2013 at 15:10
Right! Ericaceous stuff to do! Rhodie's, Camellia n two Gardenia to pot up n the perfect gardening day is done! : )

Oh! Then a cold one! ; )
10/03/2013 at 15:24

I take it the hangover's gone then Dean,

Well done , given up with Rhodos but would love a Gardenia  In one of the gardening catalogues there's a new one that's frost hardy. Might be tempted.

Just discovered all my Cosmos seeds I saved from last years plants are all up.

Chuffed to little mint-balls.

10/03/2013 at 15:35

Oh! Foolish Flo!  Hope all is well? 

Sue! I would rather eat my own kid's than sup that stuff! 

GW on iplayer while pottering I think! 

10/03/2013 at 15:37

Don't Know what happened there! I must have burpt! !

10/03/2013 at 15:43

Jean! The frost free Jobbies are "Kleim's Hardy" I Have three! n there wax like flowers are absolutely stunning! 

10/03/2013 at 15:56

Back from fishing- a bit of a waste of time -they were in the pond he was getting rid off but pump not working- full of silt-managed to catch two who are now happliy swimming in the tank-might go back another day

Noticeably colder than this morning-still alive

10/03/2013 at 15:57

Been clothes shopping - yuk! Didn't find any shoes (I have wide feet) which is ironic as it's Clarks Village. Mind you, I have never found any shoes to fit me there - I'll have to go back to my favourite proper shoe shop in Crewkerne again.

Sleeting here and bitterly cold. Saw ickle lambs in the fields but the poor things looked frozen and were huddled under the hedge banks.

Bought lots of seeds very cheap in Lidl's, also some bird netting for £5. They still had fruit trees for £3.99 (I think) but I didn't buy one. Bought chocolate......

10/03/2013 at 16:02

Weird, clothes shopping on Sunday. In France shops are shut on Sundays, except the odd small supermarket in the morning. GCs are open (some) but shut for lunch.

12 for lunch today, all gone now, dishwasher on. Now feel knackered, it would have been a good gardening day, 14° sun and cloud.

10/03/2013 at 16:16

Liz - 14 ?? Think it's 4 here.  

Will investigate those Gardenias Dean - quite fancy one.

Good bargain hunting Goldi - Aldi also have cheap seeds - 39p. Got some Nigella .  . On the choc front just found a Toblerone dessert in the bowels of the freezer so will be getting stuck in later.

What have you named your new fish Geoff ?