London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
10/03/2013 at 16:17

Been to do my duty and seen M. Took her a new skirt, seemed far more practical than chocos she'd forget to eat or flowers that would die in a day as it's so warm. Bitterly cold and every now and again snow flakes appear but then don't stay - must go on to the levels

10/03/2013 at 16:27

Jean, I'm in SW France but you proably know that by now. It can be very cold too.

10/03/2013 at 16:34

I had one of those Gardenias - house warming present - alas it did not survive but have been tempted to try again now we are not so chaotic

10/03/2013 at 16:41

Liz . yes - know you are in France but always thought weather was similar to UK apart from the South.  I'm jealous - want to come and stay.

Think this cold weather is having an effect on my appetite.

Roast beef with all the trimmings  followed by that rather nice dessert.

Can't wait - trying to stop myself from having a snack.

10/03/2013 at 16:49

Butterscotch instant whip?

Should I name them Jean?-what about grilled and fried??

Can you remember days before 24/7 shopping-how did we cope?

10/03/2013 at 17:01

No, Geoff - one of these.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19619.jpg?width=475&height=350&mode=max

Need to have a good delve in that freezer - may be some more goodies. that was supposed to be for Christmas.

Serves 6-8  Don't think so,

Jaws and jaws 2 ?

10/03/2013 at 17:03

Oh that-we had a Baileys Desert in the freezer had it a couple of weeks ago -it was yummy

Still fancy butterscotch instant whip

10/03/2013 at 17:07

Stop it - I'm starving .  That Baileys Dessert was yummy . We had one at Christmas with cream that was flavoured with Baileys as well.

Ooooh - the calories ,

10/03/2013 at 17:09
As a child my younger sister was a very picky eater. For years she didn't seem to eat anything except butterscotch angel delight and tinned spaghetti hoops.
10/03/2013 at 17:10

Roast chicken here-not home made

Can you not eat early Jean?

10/03/2013 at 17:12

Hi, all--recovered from my ferry trip to town---saw a pod of whales on the way!

Flo, consider if you get a king sized bed you have to buy the bedding--and sheets cost a bomb!

Indulced myself at the GC--bought a bonsai willow[not cheap, but it's my birthday next week, so there] also a clematis armandii in full bloom--3rd time lucky, I hope . Lost the previous 2 one I weed whacked, the other didn't survive when I moved it. There may have been a few other purchases as well, plus a major bulk grocery shop. Was taking my friend to the hospital for a minor procedure, so the trip was free! [the fare, that is].

Yesterday I planted and repackaged food--last of the sun for awhile, although I did put up the patio umbrella. And we sprang ahead last night--it's earlier every year!

Happy Mother's Forkers! Here in NA it's not until May.

10/03/2013 at 17:35
I return ..semi scathed ...

Dear god honestly , arrive for chicken n chips ...no chips instead out came the unwanted Xmas pressie dipping oils from some family member , chicken and the smallest portion which wouldn't fill a mouse of baguette ...for 4 of us then out come beers , wine ... So I'm driving then
Mil isn't the best on portions , generally a sparrow gets more ,., and then whatever is cooking could be forgotten about (often) so cremated in oven ...or ... Oven not turned on ... We have many many chrissy day sagas

Snow showers but nothing major, the Lake District fells were pretty , expected a right load at home but no just a sprinkle...

Now to walk dog in Baltic-ness before catching up .... Anything exciting happened today ???
10/03/2013 at 17:56
Bunny.. wrote (see)
 Anything exciting happened today ???

I just splashed hot fat on my finger putting the veggies in the roasting tin......ouch!

10/03/2013 at 18:10
Ohhhh goldi ouch

Already minus out there but feels an awful lot colder brrrrrr
10/03/2013 at 18:20
Just booked some time at a really nice hotel at a really good price, very happy.

Inka, which town?

I'm a picky eater!
10/03/2013 at 18:27

Still feel full from lunch. No idea what's for supper. Hope day weatherwise is OK tomorrow, nothing on and still lots of pruning to do.

10/03/2013 at 18:34

Roast chicken here, with roast celeriac, swede, potato and onion. Can't be rsed to steam cabbage to go with.....maybe tomorrow.

Finger dipped in glass of iced water when I'm not doing anything else.

10/03/2013 at 18:51
Perhaps be better dipped in glass of wine

I'm def not full from lunch hehe
10/03/2013 at 18:53

Glass of wine is in the other hand, Bunny!

Typing can be a bit tricky.......

10/03/2013 at 18:55
Hahaha I'm sure we will understand if typing goes bit funny .... Blame the finger not the wine