London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
13/03/2013 at 16:54

Oopp's! Sorry! 

"Nice One Sue!" 

13/03/2013 at 17:07

I is one happy chicky!! My car is back, and 100% legall!! My walking days are over! I can go back to being a lazy sod!! YAY!!

13/03/2013 at 17:12

Great news Beck's! 

Are you now having to live on bread n water? or wasn't it that bad? 

13/03/2013 at 17:12

Ouch, my intentions of not eating more today just been scuppered. Back muscle 'gone' again, so painkillers plus an egg custard should help....

Photinias are nice. I wish I'd kept mine smaller, but it's got a lot of new shoots low down on main stem, so maybe, shall get treeman to remove the top one day. Since I only paid £4 for a poorly, potbound specimen, complete with powdery mildew, I dont grumble as it's now a glorious tree.

Evening Dean.J.

13/03/2013 at 17:16

Petrol is getting cheaper-not by much

13/03/2013 at 17:18

Something like that Dean! They quoted me £190 on the phone yesterday, including MOT price, but when I just went to pick it up, they said they has mispriced it, so it cost £122 in total. Then £75 for the road tax, so call it £200 the lot. But, it's done, and worth it, so I'm happy!

13/03/2013 at 17:31

Bonus! 

Evening Jo! 

Can't seem to get warm tonight! n have the sniffles! 

13/03/2013 at 17:31

That's good news Becks.

OH's car due it's MOT/service this month- I better remind him again. Luckily there's a really good, reliable garage on the industrial estate where he works. The sort that wont do un-nec work, always phones you to discuss options etc. Think most people at the factory, including the boss/ex-boss, use his services.

Painkillers working..... J.

13/03/2013 at 17:33

That's like my garage jo. And just round the corner.

13/03/2013 at 17:38

Hi Dean, am sniffling too. Mine due to drugs though- honestly. Kept feeling was getting a cold & mentioned it to a nurse. Nope, yet another side-effect. Still only 1 more lot of that to go, whoopee.

Just realised that havent got to do any ironing tonight. Daughter does her own washing now- yay- as does OH at the little house, so wont have to iron 2x a week. Mind you still wearing jumpers around here, so no ironing of those anyway. J.

13/03/2013 at 17:38

G'day, forkers--grey and gloomy again here today and tomorrow;hopefully better by the weekend for my niece's last visit before heading back to Oz. I will miss her.

I am on WW too-down a bit this week--surprising, as I indulged in a burger and chips in town last week. But I ran around shopping so much that day that I guess I burned it off.

The catkin buds are swelling already on my birthday bonsai willow--would be great if they were out on the day--but that's tomorrow, so not likely.

Beginning another sweater today--hope I'll do a better job this time, since I've had the practise.

My 89 year old friend has had some complications from her operation--a Whipple, for those of you in the know---fingers crossed. She is still in Intensive Care.

13/03/2013 at 17:41

Becks, yes, I too have a 'tame' mechanic, who only lives up the road nowadays. He's kept most of our cars going over the yrs, once the warrenty finished etc. Think he's sort of retired now, so may go over to stay at 'little house' & use garage over there when mine due in the summer. J.

13/03/2013 at 17:47

Well doneBecks - be hurtling around the Chase now

Lovely plant dean - not sure if soil is suitable though

Oh Jo you'll be cooking larger than needed quantities of food. Takes ages to get used to smaller quantities.

Can you post that on my other thread Dean so that it keeps it to the fore (thanks)

13/03/2013 at 17:51

Yo! Inka! 

Thought's to your Buddy from this side of the World! 

13/03/2013 at 17:56

B'j! What am I posting ont tother thread? The Pieris? 

13/03/2013 at 18:06

Would that be Pieris Morgan?

When are we all going out in Becks car?

13/03/2013 at 18:15
Evening, managed to get home when it is still light today. Just scoffed a toasted hot cross bun to keep me going until the meal arrives. asparagus soup and omelette with salad.

Coleus - put cuttings in water they root easily. Long time since I have grown any, I love the lime green one and the dark red. Used to grow them as house plants. Our parlour palm has been flowering.

Becks, I can't imagine life with out a car now. BTW you were in my dream and Jess, couldn't have been a nightmare then. Can't remember anyone else.
13/03/2013 at 18:16

Thanks Dean  Just wanted to keep it up the top of the lists

13/03/2013 at 18:17

Evening all.  Had a busy day in school today making macaroons  - about 100 of them - and was surprised how well they turned out!  They are selling them to the rest of the school to raise money for Comic Relief.  Didn't feel like cooking when I got home though so we had beans, scrambled eggs and toast! 

Glad Becks is back on the road and hope all poorly Forkers soon recover.

Rosa carriola wrote (see)

I have kept front tidy but done nothing else.

Geoff likes a tidy front too!

13/03/2013 at 18:18
Rosa carriola wrote (see)

Well doneBecks - be hurtling around the Chase now

Lovely plant dean - not sure if soil is suitable though

Oh Jo you'll be cooking larger than needed quantities of food. Takes ages to get used to smaller quantities.

Can you post that on my other thread Dean so that it keeps it to the fore (thanks)

Bjay, no such luck- on Thursdays she's working nearby so it's easier for her to come here for tea instead of sitting in a huge traffic queue to get home. She's gradually emptying her room & elswhere (!) of her 'stuff'.

OH has to assemble the remaining Ikea furniture on Saturday & he'll take some more things up when he goes. I'll nip to do the supermarket shop this end, then make a 'picnic' to take up for the 'workers'. She's got to show me the 'back way' to get there this time. I tried my own version last w/end & got very confused/lost. Luckily I recognised a garage at some traffic lights & so found my way back onto the ususal route. It's actually not too bad, but sometimes very busy & loads of junctions, lane changes etc. J.