London (change)
Today 17°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 11°C
25/07/2012 at 21:23

Only when the white joggers have gone

Why is nothing on the telly?

25/07/2012 at 21:29

Bert and Dickie is on-but not really watching it.

It is the usual summer fayre-not much or repeats-but this year it it seems to have got worse

25/07/2012 at 21:38

I am watching Secret Gardens with Chris Collins on Blighty. 

I want a red Helenium I actually want a few more red flowers for the back of the garden.

25/07/2012 at 21:39

He He Geoff, photos needed!

Am hot, having a break from steam ironing- daft- but it wasnt as humid up here today, am making up for it now- phew!

Seeds sown, biennials & more salad type stuff plus 2 lots of kale.

This prog about gold not 'grabbing' me at all- need to find something i can iron to, then a shower to cool off!

Will stick a note on door tomorrow for delivery men as planning to get out early on to do some more pottering. Need to investigate a Hosta pot that has no hosta- hmm, was it the VW infested one? It's in quarantine already, so not too worried.

Right, back to the ironing. J.

25/07/2012 at 21:47

Jo still too hot to iron here.

25/07/2012 at 21:50

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10228.jpg?width=318&height=350&mode=max

Is this yellow enough?

25/07/2012 at 22:01

Yes that is bright enough-I want those socks as well now.

25/07/2012 at 22:02

Flo they will be perfect.

25/07/2012 at 22:21

Kate..Im still in therapy

Will we get photos Geoff I think you must

Im just home I ran to the car and ran into house the midges still got me they are so bad tonight

Maybe nice with us tomorrow then forecast back to usual

26/07/2012 at 06:50

I am so looking forward to my new cossie and socks-I'm sure I won't be disapointed

The sun is beating down again seem to have a few itchy bites so can appreciate the midge problem- but I know you get it bad Jenny

Will wander round the grounds and get the chickens up-all quiet on the western front

26/07/2012 at 07:49

Good morning everyone,

Sun out.. midges sleeping I can make it to the shed for a loaf without being eaten alive. Ill risk opening the greenhouse when Im dressed Im not going out with bare legs in my nightie

Can anyone tell me,Rose of Sharon(hypericum) is it invasive the visitor I had at the weekend said not to touch it. She said the roots will be everywhere. Ive got cuttings of it that are looking good.

26/07/2012 at 08:30

Jenny I have to ask why is the loaf in the shed?

Bright and clear here

26/07/2012 at 08:44

my freezer is in the shed

26/07/2012 at 09:00

Jenny I had an image of a baker and an oven in your shed,  

In the programme I watched last night they made a hanging basket with wallflowers and basil, how would that work? 

26/07/2012 at 09:02

Jenny, my experience with hypericum is that it's robust and easy enough to keep in check. I'm not sure how many varieties there are, though, and whether some are thuggier than others.

Lovely here again, I may have to do watering today. I haven't got much produce this year so have mainly left garden to its own devices water-wise. Midgies rather like me, I'd better only visit Scotland in the winter, I suppose.

26/07/2012 at 09:46

I've got a quite a lot of Rose of Sharon (probably the most common variety of it). I think it's a superb plant. It's never given me any trouble in any way. The bees love it.

26/07/2012 at 09:48

Wallflowers in a basket sounds a novel idea-but surely you would only need one-I might try that for the spring-I think the basil would get swamped or rot-doesn't like too much water

Watered last night -got nothing to do now-my runners are covered with beans -really pleased about that -tomatoes absolute crap

Now the spell checker isn't working-what is it with this site and I get that run-error message

26/07/2012 at 10:01

Rose of Sharon...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/falcosubbuteo/rose-of-sharon.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/falcosubbuteo/roseofsharon.jpg

sotongeoff wrote (see)

...Now the spell checker isn't working-what is it with this site ..

I think they must have been doing some maintence last night (maybe through the night). When I tried to sign on, quite early, I got a page full of geeky error messages. Then a, bit later, that changed into the red tomato. But at least the site is now accessible. Changing this stuff isn't straightforward.

26/07/2012 at 10:22

Rose of Sharon great plant for teaching 'Juniors' about parts of a flower. Loads on the plant - so one for each child - nice big and obvious 'parts' and many stages of flower on plant all at once. And we had loads of bushes round the school car park!

How kneads a spilll chequer ?

26/07/2012 at 10:32

The pagination issue seems to have been partially fixed-I can now access my previous 100 posts but no more than that at the moment