London (change)
Today 17°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 10°C
17/03/2013 at 12:19

Bunny I used to like Miranda, but somehow just couldnt get on with latest show. Mrs B, have tried, but not really 'me' so now dont bother.

Daughter just phoned to say she's feeding OH, so that paperwork unlikely to get done again..... The curtain rail in her bedroom dislikes the weight of new curtains & has come away from wall. Sounds as if they are going to Dunelm or B&Q (both near to one another)after all. IMO the rails she inherited werent fit for purpose, so gradually replacing them makes sense. Especially since she now has heavier curtains up all round. Oh the joys of home ownership! J.

17/03/2013 at 12:23
Hehe Geoff.... I'm teasing .... But won't be watching zzzzzzzzz maybe I will watch gardening then
Yey Jo pleased it isn't just me re M and MrsB ..... But ohhh dear the curtain saga
I too have paperwork to do zzzzzzz
OH hasn't returned from neighbours yet is it worse than he first though
Will I have a miserable Mr Bunny for the rest of today
17/03/2013 at 12:26

Thought you were going out?

17/03/2013 at 12:33
Bev Pounsett-Krynauw wrote (see)

Some Hellebore I ordered arrived. Not sure if I should risk planting them outside. Think I may pot up and keep inside for a few weeks. My son complains that there is no room in the kitchen to cook as the plants are taking over!!

Bev, they are very hardy, but coz they've been in-transit, I'd tuck the pot next to a wall outside for a while. No need to use more indoor space.

Bunny yes the curtains.... I need to get our elderly velvet (!) ones down, cut out all the rotted linings- next time Jo get blinds for such sunny aspect windows & not integral linings. Then need to rehang with new thermal linings, which need to buy. I know that our rails not brill in this lounge, but do have plenty of suitable hooks just in case. Daughter has said she'll help when the time comes. Since I did intend to do this a couple of yrs ago, somehow it wont be soon. I do need to do something before next winter though.

Right, I think some seeds may get sown after all. Byee, J.

17/03/2013 at 12:33
We were

Mr Bunny fixing neighbours leaky bath (down the road) ..had look earlier , came for some tools and has disappeared ...seemingly down the plug hole
17/03/2013 at 12:37
Oh Jo more work for you. We need blind in liv rm for summer, huge window and sun setting is bit blinding I sharnt mention to mr bunny yet ....
17/03/2013 at 12:41
Mr Bunny has returned ...... There wasn't a major problem as I was thinking (usually is there) .... He was playing on boys new motorbike in field
17/03/2013 at 12:45

Getting vertical blinds in this back room was a sensible idea. It stops it being almost too unbearable at certain times of yr, when we get some sun. Privacy too. Have venetians at the front & none in bedrooms. Previous house had separate linings for curtains, but just didnt think about it properly when got the ones made for here. Well was pregnant at the time. So over the yrs the sun has rotted the cotton linings & no, they dont mend very well. So a complete new set will be needed &, after daughter's experience, I think after all will get new rails done too. Hmm, when to get OH in a good mood to tell him.

Snag with verticals is no room for plants on sills!! Venetians, yes, when nice fitter sets them at the front edge of sill!

Def off to do some seeds now! J.

17/03/2013 at 12:48
Hehe I'd get Venetian wooden to match others , be up most of time , don't shut curtains here except bedroom

I want proof of seeds having been sown ...
17/03/2013 at 13:01

More tomatoes and 2 cucumber seeds are through

So Bunny tell me the last thing you laughed at

17/03/2013 at 13:03
Morning all (2). Bad news about fox smell eeeeh. Busy busy. Been to see a new (well) second hand cooker. Mine on its last legs despite only 2 years old. Modern cookers not designed to cook on - only reheat things! Well could not believe my luck. Elderly lady. Doesn't cook much. Very nice cooker. Like brand new. Gas hob electric fan oven. Yes please
Cooked sausage for sandwich. Stolen by son. Have to have an egg!!
Off into garden. Bit wet underfoot. But could get on with a few things.
17/03/2013 at 13:07
Bunny.. wrote (see)

I want proof of seeds having been sown ...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20005.jpg?width=432&height=350&mode=max

17/03/2013 at 13:10
Nice skirt
17/03/2013 at 13:13

I'm sure we all dress like that when gardening - especially the chaps!

17/03/2013 at 13:18
Similar to the one I have on today. With clogs! !
17/03/2013 at 14:10

Sarah Raven always wears a skirt for gardening. I prefer to keep my knees clean in jeans.

What is "beige"? No, I don't mean the colour. Bunny and Geoff have been there.

Glyn, I have knautia. It's very easy and survives drought, heat and neglect, but it can get a bit floppy and I'm not good at deadheading and cutting back. But I don't know how it would have felt about England last summer!

17/03/2013 at 14:36

New cooker Sue-souper

Liz-on Wednesdays B%Q do a discount for over 60s-over 60s predominately wear beige-so I call B &Q beigeland-trust me it is true

17/03/2013 at 14:55
Not over 60 but if I need something can I take MIL along?
17/03/2013 at 15:23

Yes Sue -just proof is need that she is over 60 then they give you a diamond card immediately and off you go

You must wear beige

17/03/2013 at 15:31

You may need to enlarge to read the caption in small type..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xPW80K-uCf8/UMp9WEJqiUI/AAAAAAAAAA4/jQhKdIcJo5U/s1600/Blog_concept1a.jpg