London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 19°C
17/03/2013 at 22:26
The power of positive thought. My daughter missed her plane back from Barcelona. Sent a message to all her (Sometimes strange) friends. Next thing a kind stranger pays for her to go on the next plane. :-[
17/03/2013 at 22:26
Hello , your new bed sorted ...as in front ? I'm all gardened up having watched a-z, glebe cottage and gardeners world why isn't my garden perfect
17/03/2013 at 22:28

That's the sort of thing that happens to my daughter  Never to me. You haven't to go and fetch her have you????

17/03/2013 at 22:28
Hehehehe Sue does she live there ? Or been there ?
17/03/2013 at 22:30
Think I was that daughter
17/03/2013 at 22:31

It's good to know that good things like that still happen Sue .

BJay - how's your front looking?

Bunny - I've been here over 30 years and the garden is still far from finished let alone perfect!

17/03/2013 at 22:32

No not sorted, not one in house or one outside Have been trying to find plants i want -but I want cheap, cheap, cheap. One place has some then another place has others- postage soon builds up

Can't plant till attacked the clay with some good stuff any way.

Just been out and about, got thoroughly cold warmed up and watched The Lady Vanishes- enjoyed it

17/03/2013 at 22:33
Just. Seen the weather forecast, going to snow here from early morning and I have promised to do a 9.15 class for a colleague who is in Hong Kong. Oh joy!
17/03/2013 at 22:35
With Easter coming up the prices in the GCs will be going up. Buy soon Bjay?
17/03/2013 at 22:37
Ohhhh caz caz cazzzzzzz don't tell me that I don't plan to be in this place 30yrs to see my hard work effort ing

Rosa ya need a holiday round the places and collect things as yo go when we get our new van up n running il be round visiting you all for garden tours , cuttings , seedlings and seeds : D

Glyn yes ...depressing watching was that forecast tonight snow and more snow boooooooooooo.....surely this means heatwave summer
17/03/2013 at 22:39

Just saw that forecast Glyn - looks bad for some.  Let's hope it's Winter's "last hurrah". 

BJay - the plants sound a good price until you add the p&p.  What plants do you fancy?

17/03/2013 at 22:40
Lol @last hurrahhhh ...more of a grrrrrrrrrrrr il get you all
17/03/2013 at 22:41

Good point Glyn. I was going to try and persuade OH to take me to a GC we haven't visited before, still haven't found a GOOD one

I was going to find all the plants, lay them out and plant proper-like - like a regular MD or someone - depends on finances though.

Don't want more winter

17/03/2013 at 22:46

Most shrubs I'm hping for Morrisons special with maybe acouple of choice ones, It's the perennials that cost isn't it.

Also trying to plan out back.

This year and recently am finally getting my head around what plants as opposed to what landscaping

17/03/2013 at 22:46
Hehe planting proper-like ... Is that because that's you though or you think you should ? just curious not laughing at you ...

D you have main chains there or smaller etc . Not sure I know what good or bad are being new to this ..
17/03/2013 at 22:47

I haven't seen the forecast and don't think I want to. Trusting to Dorset's southerly location and not anticipating snow.

Bev, thank for for puss-cat pics. They look so lovely all cuddled up together

I only came in to switch off the computer so will now say night night all

17/03/2013 at 22:51

I've usually buy and plant but when I did the big white border I waited till I had most of the plants and it was so much easier, so did the same with another shrub border, But other places it's acase of oh that could go there. I think it's because there is nothing to fit plants around

Night Flo

17/03/2013 at 22:52
What about Aldi and Lidl? They are usually good for bargains. We have a B&M near us and they gave a garden section, but not sure about their prices.
17/03/2013 at 22:53

Some good small perennials in Morrisons yesterday - £2 each.

Night Flo

17/03/2013 at 22:54
Night Flo , sleep well.

I'm still in progress front and back ..I have open aspect which I don't want to lose but want to soften , from house /deck looks narrow but wide so want to alter view, front lawn now bounced over with dog, rockery remains soggy , bark does wonders ...don't want t spend loads as house still on market ...but if won lotto we would keep it