London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
20/03/2013 at 14:04

Hello Flower-dont see you so often now -any work yet?

Area prepared for new plasterboard-such fun

Off to B & Q in a minute-any requests?-it is 10% beige day

20/03/2013 at 14:04
Plants and compost please
20/03/2013 at 14:11
1 raised bed in, between the showers, 2 more to go. I'm going to be zombified at work tonight!
20/03/2013 at 14:11

Can I have your card details -just for security of course

20/03/2013 at 14:16
Awwww thought you were treating
20/03/2013 at 14:28

Hey Geoff- yep, long time no see. Still jobless but much happier than I was the last couple of month. I'm going to try and post more often. BTW, did you see the update in the profile?  

I heard that somewhere too, Derek.  It's just that my fingers keep itching.

20/03/2013 at 14:31
Afternoon All!

Oh deary dear

Wet n miserable 1st Day of Spring here!

Shall do a little more potting on this afternoon me thinks!
20/03/2013 at 15:06

I've just watched that garden centre program on iplayer. Wish I knew where that skip went at the beginning with all them pots/plants in!    That must have been heart-breaking to throw them away. It did look better in the end though. I could never work with my family. We'd end up killing each other!

20/03/2013 at 15:26

One nursery I used to work for had been founded by the Granddad, SIL took over and now Grandson is working there as well. Daughter was doing the paperwork. Lots and lots of quarreling and Granddad used to stay away for days if something bothered him. NOT nice to work with, but very knowledgable chap.

We now have 1'' of snow and it's not melting away today...oh well, let's get cookin'

20/03/2013 at 15:57

Before I post more pkeasecan one of you tellme how to make my text larger it's down to 8 or 10 and I'm getting eye ache trying to catch up? 

20/03/2013 at 16:00

Just back in -now stage three

Bjay-press Ctrl and + or -

20/03/2013 at 16:10

Mourning the loss of the magnificent arbutus tree that was overhanging the house. Quite a masterful production to bring it down, involving ropes and chains and a comealong. And the earth shook when it landed. Will post a pic when it stops raining--if it ever does! Too bad it had to go, but it was dangerous.

20/03/2013 at 16:11

YAY - now to catch up properly - thanks - just need to remember that

20/03/2013 at 16:29

Right back from garden centre, Why is it you have to visit 2 to get all you require, SOOO cold as well. any way shrubs for front bed are nearly all purchased. Just have to get a Nandina which I saw in beigeland at a lot less than I have seen today - will jus have to wait till nexr wednesday though for my 10%

As all perennials looked as if they wanted to stay asleep I will leave them for a few weeks, but I can get the structure in now.

20/03/2013 at 16:44
Evening all. Back from the new job training course. Been a bit hectic but I love it. Like coming home if you know what I mean. Why oh why did I stay at saltmines for sooo long
Good to see you are all in good form. Couldn't get out into garden even if I wanted to. Freezing cold and very wet. Saw a BM on my way back from course. Heard someone mention that on here before. What do they sell. Anything interesting?
20/03/2013 at 16:51

Afternoon all.

Dull, vaguely dampish sort of day here.

Sorted out the 3 drawers of sideboard first thing. We have a good charity collection tomorrow. I even went to neighbour to get another bag.

I went down to Lowry Outlet mall for some retail therapy this morning & a coffee, of course. Anyway got OH some more jeans, correct length & daughter has a replacement dust-buster so I can keep her other one!! She bought it originally for use in her car, but somehow I find it more use than her.....

Have spent this afternoon doing a clothes sort out- mine. Rule is buy one, throw away/charity at least 1 'old' item. Am now feeling smug & charity bags full.

Am going to watch last weeks GW next. Let's see if I can stay awake.. J.

20/03/2013 at 16:52

Hi Sue! 

By you sound "chipper" 

They have a nice cheap gardening section, always worth a nosey! 

Which one was it?

20/03/2013 at 16:54

Good luck Sue in your new job B&M sell most things like all supermarkets just a bit cheaper the bigger stores have a garden area which the prices are very reasonable.

20/03/2013 at 16:56

Pleased you are already settling into your new job Sue. Hope it all continues well

20/03/2013 at 17:00
Deano it was one in Skipton. Might call in on Friday on my way home.