London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
20/03/2013 at 19:15
Caz W wrote (see)

Figrat - that's reminded me what else I meant to say earlier - hope you are feeling OK after your fall .  Raised beds looking great   It's amazing what you can find in your back passage    By the way - who's that in the mirror??

Well generally OK except banged shin again when humping up second bed. Ouch!

Deano's "Diggin It" wrote (see)

B'j! go back n look at the picture! This was so last year as we had only just started! 

But if you drill wood to the sides even wide enough to drill holes an insert even offcuts of bamboo stakes so you can slide 22mm water piping over, all cut at the same lengths thay make a perfect hoop! 

I'm on it Dean! Have got a stack of bamboo up my back passage which I never use. Mixed weather forecast though here in the SW, milder but the price we pay is rain. Hey ho, can snuggle myself up there  and riddle dumpy bag of topsoil.

20/03/2013 at 19:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdqRbvkpRM

hope this works, how to build Polly cloche

Derek

20/03/2013 at 19:23
Humping second bed ...bamboo up back passage ...snuggling and riddling spend your spare time better than me it seems
20/03/2013 at 19:23

Sorry Andy. Got sidetracked disecting a chicken. But good old Figrat got it covered!

Yes Nola. I am sort of getting into cooking a bit more. Trying to make my pennies stretch to be honest.

One last daft cooking question. Sweet and Sour chicken went down very well, but still have half a pan full left of the chicken in sauce. Can I freeze it?

20/03/2013 at 19:24

Oh thanks Derek, have bookmarked it and will watch properly tomorrow, but now have to finish defrosting pre cooked veg couscous stew and cook same grain to go with.

And hope  I can stay awake at work tonight!

20/03/2013 at 19:25

Yes

20/03/2013 at 19:26

Yes you can Becks as long as the chicken was fresh to start with and not a frozen one.

20/03/2013 at 19:27

Goon evening all  , are all your back passages clear and tidy , and all in a good mood despite the weather

Derek

20/03/2013 at 19:27
Bunny..in..spring.. wrote (see)
Humping second bed ...bamboo up back passage ...snuggling and riddling spend your spare time better than me it seems

Forgot to mention have also got a load of dough proving.. think best option is to knock it back and bake it tomorrow. Haven't bought any bread sice I inherited Bloke's mother's Kenwood last summer.

20/03/2013 at 19:28

Excellent. Cheers Bjay/Andy. Yes, it was a fresh chilled one Andy.

20/03/2013 at 19:28

Good evening, good evening, good evening.

Hope everyone has had a lovely day, been cathing up on some threads and gearing myself back up into things.

Becks, I've been looking at you garden design thead and there hasn't been any updates on there recently, have you been posting them elsewere? 

Quarn chilli for tea tonight with brown rice. ominom

Danxx

20/03/2013 at 19:29
Miss Becks wrote (see)

Sorry Andy. Got sidetracked disecting a chicken. But good old Figrat got it covered!

Yes Nola. I am sort of getting into cooking a bit more. Trying to make my pennies stretch to be honest.

One last daft cooking question. Sweet and Sour chicken went down very well, but still have half a pan full left of the chicken in sauce. Can I freeze it?

Absolutely. I love batch cooking, freeze excess and then can drag it out when I've spent the day messing about in the garden.

20/03/2013 at 19:30

Okay, just read that back and it sounds very stalkerish... 

I'm not stalking you Becks honest.

I'm back for a bit. Had a good veggie stir-fry with noodles, no room for a pud!

OH going to stay over at 'little house' this w/end. Forecast not good for driving over the Pennines on Friday & he cant leave work until mid afternoon. I shall be all on my tod, but swallowing regular painkillers after the last home treatment this Friday- assuming nurse gets here.

Daughter may turn up to continue collecting her 'stuff', but it all depends on state of roads etc. I'm going to walk up to local supermarket tomorrow to get a few bits then will be fine until Tues.

This laptop is refusing to let me 'see' certain clips, despite installing all I was supposed to! Cant be bothered to try & sort it. J.

Dean I think your new job should be bed advisor I shall book you in for next yr
20/03/2013 at 19:37
**snigger** Dan ...careful you may get a new nickname kidding ...or am I

Ohhh figrat I had a good beat about with dough today too, we have a kenwood too but was something satisfying about making one myself.....darn bread programme other night !! next is homemade pizza too...

Becks making things go further will be much cheaper for you and once you have your veggies , be able to freeze excess , make up things and freeze I find it satisfying cooking too ..practice that's all .

Derek my back passage is quite narrow but long ...generally empty though
20/03/2013 at 19:50

Evening all.

Got my lovely little plants that arrived today potted up. Now just need some sunshine and warmth to get them growing.

Sue pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new job.

Bunny and Miss Becks you  make me ashamed will all the ready meals I'm eating.

Trying to get to understand who everyone is but must admit it is difficult

20/03/2013 at 19:51

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20226.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

Heres my effort of putting photo on PC for the first time took this yesterday afternoon.

20/03/2013 at 19:53
Well done andy ...that's lovely, what a cheery picture love those colours...

Come on Bev time to get cooking , we shall convert you ..we shall ...
20/03/2013 at 20:00
Well done Andy! Lovely pic...just a bit curious as to how you cracked it.