London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 13°C
20/03/2013 at 20:01

Dan. I didn't think that for a minute! I think the last pics I put on there were of the re-layed patio. I didn't do much else to it last year. This year I have started to dig proper veg beds, so it looks like a builders yard out there at the moment, with bits of wood, and various tubs I'm using for sieving soil all over the place.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20227.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

I should really update it, but will wait until I have new pics of it looking a bit more tidy.

20/03/2013 at 20:02

Spring has sprung in Andy's photo 

20/03/2013 at 20:13

Good job Andy!  Were they your bargain bulbs?

Should we start a new thread "What do you keep in your back passage?"

20/03/2013 at 20:15

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20229.jpg?width=166&height=221&mode=max

This is my greenhouse me & brother built last September and everything in there just now waiting to break out when weather gets better. Only spring in the greenhouse Rosa up here in Scotland. 

20/03/2013 at 20:17

Your working hard Becks but all will be worth it when you finish and can enjoy the garden.

20/03/2013 at 20:17

Everytime the plants in my garden think spring's nearly here they get a load of snow  dumped on them - more forecast for tonight/tomorrow 

20/03/2013 at 20:19

I know Dove - it's like one step forward and 2 back .

20/03/2013 at 20:21

Do I start my tomatoes and coleus off this weekend or shall I do some more baking? 

20/03/2013 at 20:21

Looking good Becks, hope you've been cashing in on the free labour or have you been doing it while Jess has been at school?

20/03/2013 at 20:24

Becks - good work with the digging there   The only thing is all that work makes you hungry - good  job you've got the cooking bug

Dove - its a tough decision.

20/03/2013 at 20:26
I find the weather for the plants a bit like slap in the face at the moment , my hellebores all smiley , next day stunned and sulking

Well dove seems this coleus epidemic has spread further .... Everyone's got em
20/03/2013 at 20:31
Your photos put me to shame, I have done nothing in the garden yet, hoping the weather will be OK over Easter to get up my hillside safely. Hoping to get someone in to improve the steps.
20/03/2013 at 20:42

Evening all.

Ketchupped on some of your posts, but not all. Brain's a bit fried at the mo - sorry.

Last night I dug another couple of rows on the allotment after work, but it was still like forking plasticine. The surface had dried, but it was sticking to my fork and I had to use my boot to lever it off.....sigh. Tonight I left work early (we have flexi-time) to do a bit more, and it started spitting with rain as I left the car park. Planted the rest of my onion sets in the raised bed and pulled up some weeds (Verbena bonariensis - don't ask) and the rain got worse and it was cold - yuk. More rain forecast for tomorrow down here, and the weather chap was saying on the wireless this morning that it's going to stay cold for a couple of weeks - WAAH!!!

I hope all you lovely Forkers are well. Good luck to those with new jobs and no jobs. I was out of work last year at the ripe old age of nearly 60 - everybody said I would never get another job, but I did. There's hope for all!

20/03/2013 at 20:42

Have I landed on the right thread? Is this the mad forkers! ...  Not posted for a long time, logged in yesterday and couldn believe my eyes , it was all kicking off! . Have finally got a permanant job, full time community nursing, basically what I was doing but without the contract. So now thats secure i can relax and treat myself to goodies without so much worry. Have been busy on courses over on the mainland updating my skills, essay writing and exams, but now thats done with for a while I can keep up with you all on here. And just in time for the garden season as well , Oh Merry belated Xmas and New Year

Hello to old and new Fork Handles

Miss B x

20/03/2013 at 20:43

I have 12 days off coming up and (as blasphemous as it sounds) I will not be spending 1 day of it in the garden I'll be spending 6 days in Southampton with the fam and 6 back home but I will be entertaining guests, so I have been making the most of the weather and pressing on.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20231.jpg?width=544&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20232.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

20/03/2013 at 20:45

Hi Miss B, congratulations on the new job. having a regular income does make this gardening malarkey a little easier 

20/03/2013 at 20:49
Hello miss B ....itl be the same one , come on in
20/03/2013 at 20:49

Bits of weekend, and bits when she's at Nursery Dan, which is only 3 hours a day. But it's the sieving that's slowing me down big time. It's just too wet to go through the holes!

Hey! Miss B!! Long time no see! How the devil are you!

Cheers Andy, it's that thought that sticks in my head. And once I've done them, they won't need doing again!

Caz! Aint that the truth!

Dan, is that the front bit of the house that was all brambles?

20/03/2013 at 20:50

Glad to hear about the new job Miss B. .  Happy gardening times ahead 

20/03/2013 at 20:55
Hey Miss B, lovely to see you back again. Sounds like you're happy at our work.