London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
22/03/2013 at 16:15

Morning Forkers--beautiful sunshine today, but cold--only 2 degrees. Back to the cleanup--have to take advantage of my grandson's help for the next 2 days.Those arbutus logs are incredibly heavy--there are many that we can't shift. The workman with the chainsaw won't be back til April!

The neighbour above me is paying for this tree removal--it maximizes his view, so I'm hoping he may come down and help after Josh is gone.I will be getting a lot more sun--may have to move my hellebores--again!

22/03/2013 at 16:16

Sue them Gary for every penny-breach of copyright and all that -do not let them wriggle -we are all behind you

22/03/2013 at 16:18

It's only a sentence

Nearly out of chopped wood, having looked at 5 day forecast for here we have decided that today we can do without fire. Next problem is getting little used radiator in big room to heat up and it does seem to be taking while to heat room as well. Hopefully Sunday will be fine enough for OH to chop wood. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder and Sunday dry but cold so saving what wood we have till then. Already wondering what fuel bill will be like even with the burner

22/03/2013 at 16:23

For Gary! 

But howcome you have your April edition already and I do not 

Morning Inka! 

Aftie's all else! 

It has snowed here, all day 

22/03/2013 at 16:23
Inkadog has some!

Rocky went out into the garden, ran up the steps around the garden and back down as fast as he could. mad cat!

Someone knocked down the drift so can't post it, OH went out to take a pic too. He is now dehydrating very sweet pineapples bought cheaply. yum.
22/03/2013 at 16:24
Sorry for the long name Inka, iPad recognises you!
22/03/2013 at 16:26
Good afternoon everyone
Nutcutlet and Hollie Hock are also in the mag -same page My GW arrived this morning - my son gave me a subscription for my birthday
Pam LL x
22/03/2013 at 16:32

Still can't see them taking snippets from Fork Handles

Good pressie Pam

Room finally warming up - hooray

When fingers are warm will do some knitting

22/03/2013 at 16:36
Hi Pam

Anybody grow blueberries? Something I have never grown but my granddaughter adores them n managed to pick one up at work today, with them being acid lovers is it best to grow in a pot?
22/03/2013 at 16:37

Heavy snow coming down now....brrrr......

22/03/2013 at 16:41

It's Gary!! Everyone bow!!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20332.jpg?width=140&height=142&mode=max

22/03/2013 at 16:42

Dean-I grow blueberries have done for years- in large containers-dead easy

Snow pics please your highness Sir Gary of Hobson

22/03/2013 at 16:43
Ohhh only been away a minute and the crowds have gathered
Awww Glyn could OH not rebuild the drift just for us .... Sweet dehydrated pineapples ? We're they in the snow drift ?

Inka ..hellooooo.

Rosa...Inka has wood...as do I

No dean but I plan to grow in pot , although dog likes them too so god knows what itl end up like

Ohhhh Gary is using his alter ego ....and others named **snigger**
22/03/2013 at 16:45

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/keep-calm-and-love-sir-gary_zps342971d1.png

22/03/2013 at 16:46

Cheers Geoff! 

22/03/2013 at 16:47

22/03/2013 at 16:47
We need a crown ...
22/03/2013 at 16:48

Hello Forkers - don't come too close - I've got the lurgy   High temperature, cough and low blood pressure all arrived together this morning   so have been lazing around all day.  Anyone got Vic for my chest

Hope you are all surviving snow/flood/winds - nothing too bad here just normal wet 'n windy.  What's Gary been up to?

22/03/2013 at 16:50
Rosa carriola wrote (see)

It's only a sentence

Nearly out of chopped wood, having looked at 5 day forecast for here we have decided that today we can do without fire. Next problem is getting little used radiator in big room to heat up and it does seem to be taking while to heat room as well. Hopefully Sunday will be fine enough for OH to chop wood. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder and Sunday dry but cold so saving what wood we have till then. Already wondering what fuel bill will be like even with the burner

Got a quote today for secondary glazing in the 3 sash windows in my (sizeable) kitchen - £745 inc VAT, that's for fitting and 10 year guarantee. Bloke had the same firm do his last year, and they've done a great job. Only heating in there's an oil fired Aga clone range, which also does my heating and hot water. I have it on tickover most of the time, and don't crank it up much for cooking, as oil's so expensive these days, have an induction hob and a halogen oven which suit me fine unless I'm doing dinner party type stuff. My woodburner's got a flat top, so often simmer and cook things on there, as well as having a kettle on the top if it's lit. I think Bloke sometimes thinks I'm a gipsy, but then I haven't got a £900+ gas bill for the last quarter like him!

22/03/2013 at 16:51
Sir Gary has been crowned .....

I have Vick but maybe the lads will rub it in for you