London (change)
Today 11°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
31/07/2012 at 06:58

Morning all

Becks I wont tell him that bit I'll just tell him Im right

Do you know Im just up, washing machine on getting my sons piece for work done and checked the temp its 4.1c thats just taking the mickey now!

It will make for a good day I suppose the sky is clear and the sun is shining

31/07/2012 at 07:06

Just come down -looked out- there are about 6 brown slimy things feasting on the lupin

Scones as in scoans -or sconnes-I say scoans-just thought I 'd throw that one in-opinions please but I am right

It is wet and drizzly

31/07/2012 at 07:24

Dismal here. Cold and wet.

Went out on slug patrol last night and population was well down (due to previous nice weather I guess), though did find a couple of monsters, but this damp weather will be sure to boost the population.

Had a peek a women's handball last night. That's a fast and aggressive game.

Today seems like a day for watching telly, all day. Beach volleyball scheduled for 9am. Rowing starts at 9.30. Swimming at 10. Horses at 10.30. Should be something to watch.

Weather looks bad in London too, am wondering what's going to happen to the Beach Volleyball.

31/07/2012 at 07:35

Morning Geoff.. Hmm I say sconnes and Im always right well thats my parting shot to my OH in a disagreement. I love winding him up

Re the 6 brown slimy things feasting on your lupin thats the mates of the one you chickened out on doing away with the other day! He told them to go in there you only get thrown out if your caught

Its actually going to be really nice here today. I'll head to work soon get back and hopefully get the grass cut and tidy through

I watched the gymnastics yesterday I thought we did very well

31/07/2012 at 07:37

Gary what did you do with your monster slugs?

I liked your strawberry photo

31/07/2012 at 07:58

Women's Team gymnastics final this afternoon. I think they're currently in 5th position, but there's always the chance of an upset amongst the leaders.

I put all the slugs in their proper place, where they can make themselves useful - on the compost heap. That's what slugs and snails do - they break down plant material, so other animals can make use of it.

They have to take their chances, I'm afraid. They might get eaten by something, but that's up to them. The smarter ones might hide fast.

31/07/2012 at 07:59

It's horrible here - misty, drizzly and damp.   I have plenty of cake in . Coffee cake and egg custards .  I left my carnivorous plants out last night by mistake , thankfully they haven't been attacked by anything .

Why are people so cruel, poor Tom Daly's been targeted by internet trolls - just been checking news.

31/07/2012 at 08:03
jean riley wrote (see)

.. Tom Daly's been targeted by internet trolls - just been checking news.

Latest news is that Police have arrested the culprit.

31/07/2012 at 08:07

Gary I might let a few off then and add them to the compost.

I think I'll be sitting out in the sun this afternoon so I'll catch the hi lights of the gymnastics later after eating my tea out on the patio

Jean  thats awful Im watching sky news but yes I see theyve got the culprit

31/07/2012 at 08:15

Good ( and I've spelt his name wrong - it should be Daley of course ).

That young man has done phenomenonly well considering the trauma he's been through. I have the greatest respect for him.

Hope the '' troll '' gets the book thrown at him.

31/07/2012 at 08:22

That was meant to be  '' or her '' as well . I see the little runt shares my name - what an insult.

31/07/2012 at 09:07

Have just realised what the hockey pitch is made of. It's artificial grass (but blue).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15478550

31/07/2012 at 09:12

Damp and grey here, I am off to the dentist

Jenny thanks for the recipe, I tried it with turmeric to make it orange but that gave the wrong flavour.

I actually felt sorry for Peter yesterday.

31/07/2012 at 09:35

Scoans, and I'm always right too :- )

Watching archery at the mo. I used to arch when I was at Grammar School - we shot in the air to see what would happen and narrowly missed the oldest nun who was tottering along the path where the arrows landed.

Speedy growth of weeds is getting me down. Looks as if I've never weeded, ever. Have decided to refurbish the small raised bed outside the front door - at least it will look as if I've achieved something this year.

31/07/2012 at 09:38

I am going on a bus

So is it the Stonne of Sconne-the Stoan of Scone or the Stoane Of Sconne ?

There will be a prize for the correct answer-or arnser

Who is Peter?

31/07/2012 at 09:43

I'm going in my car which passed its MOT once it had a new exhaust.

Stoan of Scoon.

Could it be Waterfield who also didn't win a dive-bombing meddle?

31/07/2012 at 10:10

Can someone explain to me how we had silver for gymnastics and then didn't? Well done to the gymnastics team anyway - fantastic! Heard them being interviewed on the radio this morning.

I'm glad they got that 'troll', I can't understand what makes people decide to be so unpleasant.

I watched that 15 year old girl (Lithuanian?) get a gold in swimming last night - and she was just speechless after, bless her. Then I saw the chinese girl swim (didn't see her the other day - wow, she's fast!)

And I wasn't intending to watch much of it!

31/07/2012 at 10:47

Just looking through my pics and wishing the weather was better. I like this one of the patio taken earlier in the year and there's one for Jenny from our last visit to Scotland. I'm very envious of where she lives . It's beautiful - hoping to go back later in the year.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10421.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10422.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10423.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

31/07/2012 at 11:01

Jean lovely photos

Flo gets a star, Peter is Toms diving partner who was completely ignored.

Geoff where are you going on a bus?

31/07/2012 at 11:20
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

Can someone explain to me how we had silver for gymnastics and then didn't?...

The reason why we were demoted from Silver seems to have been due to one of the Japanese competitors, who made a clumsy dismount from the pommel horse, and was duly marked down. The Japanese objected to the low score he was given and demanded a recount. The story is here:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/gb-mens-gymnasts-snatch-shock-silver-olympics-174837982.html

We wuz robbed. But because we're decent and sporting, we're not going to make a big fuss about it, apparently.

The Lithuanian girl was brilliant, from the same school as Tom Daley, as you'll have heard.

The Chinese girl - well - there seems to be a diplomatic storm brewing amid allegations that she seemed too good to be true (she actually swam faster than Phelps). There's a difference between being just ahead of the field, and a long way ahead.