31/03/2013 at 08:55
I was joking DD .... !!!!!!
31/03/2013 at 09:35

Morning  Lovely sunny day here - none of the ''s'' word so will be getting outside when it warms up and then some more pricking out .

Why is it when you discipline yourself to sowing half a packet of seeds, you get millions of plants regardless ?

Have a good day everyone.

31/03/2013 at 09:39

Good Morning All, Happy Easter.

Have altered all the clocks and now just hope that it signals a change in the weather We put old perspex roofing sheets over some of the veg garden yesterday to try to warm up the soil.

It's a nice morning here, bright sunshine, looks cold outside and there is ice on the pond.

Have a good day whatever you get up to, don't eat too many Easter Eggs if there is such a thing

ChrisX

31/03/2013 at 09:41

Morning Jean.

just wondered if you got your Taccas. I haven't been around much lately so might have missed your post.

ChrisX

31/03/2013 at 10:00

Morning All

HAPPY EASTER

Glorious sunny day - but Brrrrr!

Last night I could hardely move my arm so it is a taking it easy day today. No raised bed work

I am going to be sowing, potting on, pricking out and marking out a new bed - an extension of the white border I already have.

Originally it was going to have a little summer house in it to be a M free zone for me,I looked at the plans - had already worked out plants so I thought would follow it but add extra's. It gets quite a lot of sun so should be fun, I have aready bought a couple of magnolias for it - we're not talking small here - a buddleia and a camellia. 

Will of course photo later - may even be able to persuade OH that he can plant the magnolias 

31/03/2013 at 10:07
Sounds wonderful !! Can I come and play
31/03/2013 at 10:11

Morning Easter Forkers

Gorgeous sunshiney day, though still not warm. Starting slowly, changing clocks as they catch my attention. Bit of a problem with the sundial  Also the unadjustable car clock where you have to add one to the hour (converting from 24 hour if need be) and subtract 19 from the minutes.

Bunny and Dave, that was hilarious    

31/03/2013 at 10:18
Morning all. Nice and sunny here but rather chilly. Will sow some more seeds today. Had a mass seed sorting last night. Got free plastic storage boxes from deli counter at saltmines. Sorted veg and flowers seperatly. Have got an extensive collection. =)
31/03/2013 at 10:22
Hoping to get the last of the three raised beds in place today. Off to get wrapped up in 3 layers...again!
31/03/2013 at 11:09

Off to start on cleaning patio now.

Morning Chris  No , taccas still haven't arrived. Think I may send an e-mail.

Don't suppose an Easter egg counts as breakfast ?

31/03/2013 at 11:20

Morning all- not staying long -happy chocolate day to all and sundry

31/03/2013 at 11:38

Bunny yes you can come and play - hole digging skills always welcome

31/03/2013 at 11:56

Morning, Forkers.

Blue skies here. I am psyching myself up for an assault on the allotment. I'm hoping there won't be too many people down there (antisocialOldGits'R'Us) as most people will probably be doing the family thing today. 6 bags of compost in the back of the Land Rover to dump there awaiting arrival of more raised beds.

I shall dig......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI0x0KYChq4

31/03/2013 at 12:00
Yeyyyyy bunny digger whooop , can I bring olive she is even better
31/03/2013 at 12:17
Happy Easter one and all! Woke up at 5.45, well 6.45, thoughtnInwould get up and went back to sleep.

You all sound like busy bees, snow still there, no gardening to be had. Not sure what to do today. Any suggestions? No Easter eggs to eat! They'll be on sale tomorrow .....
31/03/2013 at 12:28

I definitely think Easter Eggs count as breakfast today! I had hot cross buns again. Just trying to decide if I want lunch at 1ish as usual. Trouble is if I leave it later it's less garden time. Only soup and bits, though. Main meal later. Must pick some rhubarb.

31/03/2013 at 12:34

Does she mind being humped - Oscar always greets strange dogs like that - not fussy about their sex

31/03/2013 at 12:44
Just watching the dogs rounding up the sheep on the hill opposite. I love it when they bring the lambs out and they charge around in a gang.
31/03/2013 at 12:47
Haha she chases them off bjay ...with a look of embarrassment
31/03/2013 at 15:01

Managed a couple of hours at the allotment - I'm not very fit, and the air is still cold on the lungs out there. There wasn't a soul there for most of the time, then Allotment Chief arrived - he's a bit of a PITA. Why was I buying ready amde raised beds when you could get scaffolding planks, people would help me build them etc, etc. Nobody is ever there at the same time as I am, for a start. And I prefer to do things for myself.

Here's the allotment:

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20785.jpg?width=265&height=350&mode=max

I planted my broad beans - please note fork handle:

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20786.jpg?width=265&height=350&mode=max

And here is the allotment of the obsessive bloke at the back of mine - blimey!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20787.jpg?width=265&height=350&mode=max