London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
31/07/2012 at 11:21

Peter was the one who made a teeny tiny mistake and it cost them a medal. Poor thing. Its tough at the top.

I say scoan because I say stone, but OH says sconne - I think its a regional thing - I'm a southerner and he's a northerner, or tries to tell me he is.

Lovely photos Jean!

31/07/2012 at 11:22

Have just put the answer to your question, on previous page.

Watching the Show Jumping this afternoon. One of the jumps is a minature stone-henge; wouldn't mind one of those for my garden.

31/07/2012 at 11:28

Gary, thanks for that. I saw that bit - the Japanese chap's messy dismount, and I'd have marked him down as well. Lets face it, he did mess up. But as you say we are decent chaps and sporting - and I think the team were thrilled to get a medal. Fingers crossed it all goes really well for the girls team.

31/07/2012 at 11:49

Back from the bus ride to the bright lights of Totton-when is the dentist Kate?

The Mirror has gone all alliterative with the headline "Tom Twitter Troll Torment"

Nice pics Jean

Is it the Sward in the Stonne ?

31/07/2012 at 13:13

Lovely pics Jean.

Totton, Geoff? I used to have breakfast in Asda there before an early app't at hairdresser who was also in Totton.
All that alliteration is probly cos of the National Curriculum as it introduced the idea of 7 year olds being taught onamatopaeia (can't be botherd to check selling) and alliteration instead of making sure they could all read and write properly first. I blame the ex-teachers!!!

Gary, I like the idea of the mini henge. Just going to see if it's on.

31/07/2012 at 13:25

Walked past the cafe in Asda-the belly dancer is still talked about in hushed tones as in "she who must not be named"

They didn't win a dive-bombing meddle -We win a horsey silver meddle

31/07/2012 at 13:36

Geoff dentist was first thing, I am numb and penniless 

I have been watching show jumping and quite enjoyed it 

31/07/2012 at 13:40

This could be your sport- you sit on something and it does the work

31/07/2012 at 13:54

jean lovely photos thanks for my one just the scenery around us

Kate we're still getting over dentist visit ourselves still in shock with price. pity about the turmeric. I made my OH quiche and cous cous for lunch as he wont be home for tea later. One was not amused.. but he ate it so I decided to wind him up and say seeing as you liked that so much we can have it again soon. he wasnt impressed.

I like show jumping but Im away outside again too nice to stay indoors

lottie it is a regional thing scone, its like clematis or tomato. How would you spell yoghurt?

31/07/2012 at 13:55
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Walked past the cafe in Asda-the belly dancer is still talked about in hushed tones as in "she who must not be named"

sotongeoff wrote (see)

:- D :- D

Don't know about Kate but I think I 'd prefer a sport which doesn't involve falling off. Extreme Knitting anyone?

31/07/2012 at 13:57

I am a little nervous of horses, they are quite large and unpredictable.

Any more medal chances today?

31/07/2012 at 14:00

I think we'd be better off discounting any of our 'dead certs' and hope for some surprises as in Beijing. I'm quite an optimist by nature by my sunny outlook is being sorely tried this week.

31/07/2012 at 14:03

Jean where was the photo taken?

31/07/2012 at 14:06

I am game for Extreme knitting.

31/07/2012 at 14:11

I think for most people the lympics is about athletics and swimming-all this other stuff is just a curtain raiser to the main events-so take what is given -in a sense we could all win something at running or swimming but archery, horse riding, shooting,gymnastics- even cycling- is another thing

Running for a bus could be a winner

31/07/2012 at 14:15

I think a medal is a medal, I will not be taking part in the running for a bus competition, that would scare the horses.

31/07/2012 at 14:32

We are back to horsey stuff again for the next prospect-the sailing one is sinking fast

31/07/2012 at 15:09

Still damp and grey here.

What happened to Murray?

31/07/2012 at 15:15

Murray-as in Andy-he won his first round match-have I missed something?

31/07/2012 at 15:23

No I thought I had missed something as it went so quiet.