London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 4°C
01/04/2013 at 17:46
So cold here hav'nt ventured out!! Whatever will I do? Bitter wind. See what tomorrow is like. Can't see that I will ever catch up. May be forced into buying young plants later. Expensive but an alternative
01/04/2013 at 17:47

I planted little white pet in the autumn. we saw it (smelt it) on a  trip to a grden and fits in with the look of the fairy dell.

Pretty little thing isn't it?

Had a bath and am now reclining on settee wondering if I can stand up straightwhen I get up

01/04/2013 at 17:48
Gotta say, I love the harmony now on the forum.
Everybody seems to support everyone else now.
01/04/2013 at 17:48

Right Chris. I see now. Thanks!

I know Sue. My veg beds are still not done. Snow is only just melting off them.

01/04/2013 at 18:31

Yes Verdun, but there are still areas where things are rattled. It does not help that everyone is frustrated about the poorly working web site and not being able to move around it with ease

I think whoops squashed tomato is appearing to often.

01/04/2013 at 19:26
Evening, been out for fish and chips at Boundary Mill. Stopped in at the Thornton's to see if there were any Easter Eggs on offer. Only 3 diabetic choc ones left, but 50% off lots of boxes of chocolates. Needless to say, I succumbed.
01/04/2013 at 19:34

Hello Glyn. You've just reminded me that I have three quarters of a bar of choccy lurking in the cupboard .  Fish and chips always a treat

01/04/2013 at 19:38

Who can resist cheap choccy Glyn!!

Nearly messed up then. Forgot to put the h in choccy and nearly posted.

01/04/2013 at 19:39

Becks  

01/04/2013 at 19:40

Sorry Verdun-people snapping at each other over a tv programme doesn't strike me as harmonious

Someone calling someone else a moany old git-harmonious?

Someone calling their neighbour obnoxious-not pleasant

This place is not was it was-and he has nothing do to with the weather

01/04/2013 at 19:45

Just have to avoid those threads/people, there's always a few who spoil things. There are lots of lovelies here

01/04/2013 at 20:20
Geoff. What's going on now?
I haven't read all comments today but it's been a friendly,forum lately. There are a couple of indiscreet comments but mostly it's good.
You have always been one of the major contributors ever since I started....domt always agree with you but often do.
It feels like the forum is breaking up......it would be a shame.
It takes a big man to broker the peace......I've always thought you.a bit arguememtative and stubborn at times....as I am...but a big man too. .???
01/04/2013 at 20:27

Verdun-I found this comment her about David unnecessary

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/the-first-gardeners-world/75629-10.html

But then this constant carping about who presents GW is always contentious

01/04/2013 at 21:01
Contentious is fine Geoff. However, mostly the comments are appreciative ones about gw presenters. The forum, like people everywhere. Is a mix of views some tactful, some not, some very good and some very bad. I think a few egos were agitated on that page Geoff
Look. This forum has a wealth of knowledge, skills, advice, humour. (none better than your changing xmas characters and smilies Geoff) and even sadness when we feel we can open up a bit
I actually like most of the posters here and respect all their views. I have felt challenged to rethink some of my long-held garden opinions too....it's been that good a forum.
I still think you are big enough Geoff to, as your "blog" says, "don't take anything too seriously"......??
01/04/2013 at 21:33
Verdun you don't usually post on this thread ... Why now ? I haven't been on GW long but certain posts do not enlighten , entertain or inspire me into gardening ...and so I have stopped becoming involved , is that showing that this site is better now? I'm sorry Verdun i respect your knowledge and have taken on board a lot but this board is not a happy place sadly .
01/04/2013 at 21:54
Easter bunny
Please take this as a piece of honesty
I posted on this tthread TO SHOW UNITY.
I posted on Both this and morning FORKERS to show I support BOTH.
I posted on both to try and stop "sides" developing.
I posted on both to try and pacify, reconcile and soothe some anger I see.
Easter bunny I'm sorry you don't like posts that enlighten, inspire or entertain but many do. But, we read those posts that appeal to us and ignore those that do not. I don't read all of them.
Right now most of us are itching to get out into the garden but cannot because of the weather so the forum has taken to such discussion
I'm sorry you distrust my,motives for posting on this thread but you have no reason to. ..if you knew me you would know CLEARLY that isn't me.
I'm sorry you feel I should not post on this thread or question my motives. That is wrong of you
That this board "is not a happy place" I suggest you read the posts again.
01/04/2013 at 22:32

whats all the shouting for, I can get that from she who must be obeyed

Derek

01/04/2013 at 22:38

Derek!

01/04/2013 at 22:47

Please don't get upset with each other. Nearly all this forum is friendly but when you get so many people of different characters and walks of life there is bound to be the odd disagreement. This particular thread is the fun, friendly one where we all get on in a good humoured way so let's keep it like that. Please

01/04/2013 at 23:03
Chocolates eaten! Jonathon Creek, same old, same old! Healthy eating programme starts tomorrow, OH just sound a pack of Lidl spiced biscuits. Now I know they are there, I will have to eat them, I have no will power, sadly.