London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
02/04/2013 at 22:23

Looks like it was a good idea to ask builder neighbour if he had any off cuts going then Thanks for replies. Must say as on raised beds didm't actually find mice a problem last year, doesn't mean they won't this though !

Have a cloche in shape of GH put upon raised bed today, everything is so late isn't it. Should warm soil up for broad beans though.

02/04/2013 at 22:57

Trying to catch up with what I missed whilst away. Staying with my mum for a few days which means lots of trips to GC but no time in my garden

03/04/2013 at 05:44

Good morning all  Hope you've caught up now Bev - lots of trips to GC eh?  So what found it's way into the trolley then?

03/04/2013 at 08:12
Morning. Yes Bev, what botanical beauties tempted you?
03/04/2013 at 08:36
I got 3 auriculas yesterday, so pretty, and a polyanthus. Put them outside on a little table near the back door. Saw the heavy frost when I put the milk bottles out, so covered them up with some bubble wrap.

Morning BTW!
03/04/2013 at 08:49

Morning one and all.

Sunny again, though it may not last the day this time. Workmen have just unloaded cement mixer, floomper thingy and other bits of kit. Looking forward to see some paved areas completed later

Interesting comments from Verdun yesterday about being nice to hellebores - I might try it myself.  

03/04/2013 at 09:38

Morning all. Sunny today, poured yesterday (was in foul mood yesterday, got a cold, slept badly, couldn't get outside) Still got a cold and didn't sleep well, but the sun makes such a difference.

03/04/2013 at 09:51

Morning Liz. You're so right about the difference the sun makes! Onwards and upwards as Eric thingy on GQT says

03/04/2013 at 10:22
Sounds all good fun Flo
03/04/2013 at 10:52
Morning! Nearly three days of sunshine, albeit still a bit chilly (!) and quite a bit achieved in the garden already. Can't wait for some warmer temperatures to kick in!!!!

Just had an Acer Griseum delivered this morning so itching to get that in the ground as a 'replacement' for an old apple tree I've taken down.

Rgds Adam
03/04/2013 at 11:06

Morning Bunnyzzzzzzzzz and welcome Shadoweaver.

Had to google Gedling to find out where three days of sunshine has happened!

Like you, Adam, I'm itching to get planting. I have several shrubs that appear to have survived the winter in pots that are going in as soon as I get my garden back

03/04/2013 at 11:50
Thanks for the welcome Flo Bear! Been an avid reader of the GW forums and site for some time. Seems a friendly place so thought I'd stop lurking and start posting! The sunshine took me by surprise too! Nearly reported a UFO on Saturday when I saw a big, shiny, yellow thing in the sky.... and then realisation dawned as distant memories of the fabled 'Sun' came flooding back It actually reached a tropical 8C on Sunday.... only two layers of fleece needed to keep warm so things must be on the up, eh?

Rgds Adam
03/04/2013 at 11:58
I saw that big yellow thing in the sky as well, felt the overwhelming urge to sacrifice someone to it so I could have a bountiful crop
03/04/2013 at 12:02
Not got a big wicker man in your garden, I hope!!
03/04/2013 at 12:04
Whoooa staying out of your way dan ....

20degrees in greenhouse....partyyyyyyyyyyyyy
03/04/2013 at 12:04

Doc. Morning all forkers. Lovely sunny day here, if breezy, so I am going out to plant up the pots I bought yesterday at the pound shop. Always the cheapskate...

03/04/2013 at 12:36
Gardening grandma
Nothing wrong with pots from poundland
Always fun planting in pots or in the ground
Got plants galore in greenhouse, conservatory, plastic cover and under fleece. Can't wait for warmer weather to start acclimatising them all
03/04/2013 at 13:44
Sitting here at my desk with a sarnie, looking out into a sunny garden , bird feeders blowing in the wind and clouds scudding across the sky - it may be cold but it is beginning to look like spring
03/04/2013 at 14:03

Just had a cuppa in the conservatory - for the first time this year it seemed worth it.  It is warm enough outside to go out in a fleece, not a coat, and after a few days without rain, I had to water some new plants again.  Plenty of life springing up in the garden. Fab!

03/04/2013 at 18:44
I'd like a nice conservatory GG, but listed cottage, so can't. I wonder if you can get delisted?