London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
04/04/2013 at 13:49

Thing is she doesn't realise I am not a professional so lop-sided cakes are out. Told her yesterday I know the principle but not willing to take the risk.

I have had yes you can get in the hall to construct it. Yes I want ivory and fuschia (pink and white) and butterflies but the actual construction - I haven't a clue. Will have to see what today brings.(puzzled smiley)

Bought ahardy fuschia from morrisons to day for a £1 - will put it in fron t when it has been nurtured - 'Dollar Princess'

04/04/2013 at 17:49

Rosa- you could always plant it in front of the cake.........

I'm hoping my two daughters just elope!! 

04/04/2013 at 18:00

I'm hoping mine just keeps on living with partner and puts the money to something more worth while - like a house. I have suggested a fish and chip supper is a good idea 

04/04/2013 at 19:37

I love my daughter.  She took herself to Las Vegas and combined it with a holiday in Maui.  I watched it on the computer and she had a blessing on her return. It didn't cost me a penny.

04/04/2013 at 19:46

What I don't understand is why someone is more married if they spend £15000.

04/04/2013 at 20:11

Persactly GG.  My daughter did her blessing on a shoestring and it was lovely.  It's whose there that makes the day, not what's there.

04/04/2013 at 20:41

I wish someone would tell this bride - as far as I can see it's all show - it's my nephew who is getting married. Anyway it will be very interesting.

04/04/2013 at 20:54

Of my 4 children's weddings I think I enjoyed the cheapest one most. In France everyone has to have the civil ceremony at the Mairie. Some choose to have a church wedding as well. My daughter married in the walled garden of the Mairie (used to be the village school) then we walked to the river for photos, beautiful, then over the bridge to the village hall - where we had a jolly party and general knees up! I got the hall dirt cheap because of living in the village. The village hall is an old stone inn with bedrooms for guests and a garden by the river. The catering and decoration was done by family and friends. The donated food was yummy, new MIL made foie gras and did the flowers (ex-florist), FIL gave loads of seafood and wine, I did cold decorated salmon and wedding cakes, my other daughter made desserts, my future DIL did delicious nibbles to go with champagne etc. All her university friends came and some friends from England. My parents, in their 80s came - and danced! It was great!

04/04/2013 at 21:13

Pleased to say one of my daughters has put buying a house as her priority. Just wish it wasn't so far from me. The other has gone to work in Quatar. My boys are only 17 and 18 so have plenty of time.

BL that wedding sounds lovely

04/04/2013 at 21:23

Sounds idyllic Lizzie. Hope if my daughter decides to get married again, she's had one go but got a rotter, she would go for something like that. She and her partner are busy getting their home together and show no interest in marriage, perhaps a case of once bitten.

04/04/2013 at 21:31

That sounds a fabulous traditional French wedding and not only much more sensible but also full of heart and happiness. Lovely!

04/04/2013 at 22:18

My daughter got married last summer - in that lovely sunny bit of August - her friend did the flowers, she walked with her father and bridesmaids  over the bridge across the stream where she played as a child, to the church where I used to sing in the choir.  After the service the bells rang and she and her husband walked to the village hall where we were all waiting to cheer and clap - the food was a hog roast and salads that family had prepared - the entertainment was by a relative who is a rapper and a steel band and jazz singer (also relatives) - pudding was as many ice cream filled cones as you could eat, delivered and dispensed by a man on a three wheeler bike (local ice cream maker) - it was the most wonderful day 

04/04/2013 at 22:37

My niece had a lovely wedding in an old farm house. No his and her sides, we all sat on cushions and rugs on the grass and they made their own vows, by the time the registrar arrived we all felt they were married - it was a great joining of 'souls'. her brother took photos, and did the dancing on his decks,, alot of us went off to a very small camp site later and carried on the party. It was emotional for us all.

04/04/2013 at 22:44
And one of the reasons we arnt married ...due to the peer pressures of certain family members ...."how to have a wedding, who to invite (must do, must invite)

..happy unmarried bunnys
04/04/2013 at 22:56

Those weddings sound lovely too. But what matters most is that you're happy. Everytime we go on holiday OH calls it a honeymoon!

04/04/2013 at 22:58

Goodnight all, if anyone is still here!

04/04/2013 at 23:07
Night Liz
04/04/2013 at 23:27

None of my kids are married. Son1 hasa daughter and a lovely partner, son2 couldn't care less and daughter has a lovely partner and does talk of marriage but would rather have a house - can't argue with that.

they are all happy and secure in their lives and really that is all i ask for.

05/04/2013 at 05:54

Good morning all   Yes - real true happiness is just what we all need 

05/04/2013 at 07:00

Morning Dove and all forkers. Looks like a good day here, weatherwise. My familyarrived last night  - lovely!!! Funeral of a good friend today, then they'll be going home, sadly. Sad on both counts.

Feeling very satisfied- the conservatory is now bursting with seedlings and young plants. I sent for a T and M postage offer - 24 begonias and ten packets of seeds. They came yesterday - lovely healthy plants and nice seeds, mostly annuals, which I'm planning to use this year for the first time ever, in the quest for lots of cheap colour. Thought I'd mention this, in view of the bad press T and M have had on this forum lately. 

Have a great day, everyone.