London (change)
Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
01/08/2012 at 21:48

No G & T's for me Kate. I'm Tee-Total. Don't touch booze.

02/08/2012 at 06:43

Had an exhausting day yesterday, I felt I was rowing and cycling all the way, with the girls and boys. You need to eat plenty of chocolate to maintain glucose levels.

Wached the USA/China volleyball, quite exciting. The fencing looks cool too, but don't understand the rules and scoring. Managed a late night slug patrol last night, caught loadsa whoppers.

Am finding the TV and newspaper coverage of our heroes this morning a bit OTT. Though the prospect of all this adulation is part of the motivation - to work very hard, in order to win gold, and to become famous and made for life.

Chances of more rowing medals (not necessarily gold today) this morning (and more over next the 3 days). The cycling goes indoors late this afternoon, more medals expected. Germans and French actually favourites, so will be nail-biting.

Garden is going to the dogs with me watching all this telly, but I'll fix that with more heroic efforts, after I've bagged a few more golds.

02/08/2012 at 08:12

Morning - you are all cracking me up ! I like all the suggestlons made concerning our team. Becks , can you have a word with ''Gramps '' and ask him if I can borrow his scooter ? I could make my own way there. Where is our first venue.?

I'm a bit worried about Gary - hope he's not training to much.

Jenny - I know  the pass you are talking about - stunning scenery.

I like all this talk about cake . David - what are you baking for our team ?

Geoff - I don't like the look of our driver so have come up with an alternative form of transport. Becks, do you think you can handle one of these -

02/08/2012 at 08:15

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10456.jpg?width=341&height=350&mode=max

02/08/2012 at 09:08

Now Jean that is what we need 

Gary I agree it is exhausting watching

Becks all tastes will be catered for

02/08/2012 at 09:14

Will we be training in Geoff's back garden?  I hope Mrs Geoff doesn't worry about the potential WAGS that may be hanging about.

02/08/2012 at 09:32

Pam I was hoping for a Country Hotel with a spa but I am sure Mrs Geoff will keep us all well fed, how big is the pond Geoff?

02/08/2012 at 09:42

Jenny is there space near you to train? With our new mode of transport it won't take us long to get there! My chooks are eager to join the team.

What is the male equivalent of a WAG and can I have one please?

Agree about leftovers. I deliberately cooked up twice as many new potatoes as I needed last night so that we can have them fried up this evening with sausages!

Gary I am admiring your dedication - keep us informed of events today.

02/08/2012 at 10:17

Jean, they'll be taking it off him soon, because everytime he attempts to go to the shops, he falls off a kerb on it, and ends up in hospital! Stubborn sod won't listen to anyone! So you can have it then.

Don't worry about me handling the jet. I've read up on it. Looks easy!

I'll settle for Cola Kate. Suits me fine.

No Geoff yet this morning? Unusual? Bet he's busy securing our sponsership and sewing sequins on the kit.

02/08/2012 at 10:17

Lottiebeans, Might it be a HUB? Husbands and boyfriends.

Kate, if the pond is our shower facility I may not be available and my transfer fee might be a bit steep.

02/08/2012 at 10:33

I reckon Geoff's sneaked off to play around.

Glad it's not my pond we're considering, it would be a mud-pack experience.

SAPs? Spouses and Partners ;- )

02/08/2012 at 10:43

You lot will have to stop it, I'm not getting anything done! I have to keep nipping back to the computer to see what's happening. Have a nice day,

PS. sounds as though the team is taking shape, At this rate, what's his name, the England coach, will be getting very worried

02/08/2012 at 10:50

I don't need a HUB, got one of those, I need some young and glamourous toyboy to hang off my arm! I hear Robert Pattinson may be available........

02/08/2012 at 10:52

Is the acronym you're looking for TAGs.

Toy-boys and Gigolos.

Rowing will be getting serious in about an hour's time.

02/08/2012 at 10:55

Morning all -have been doing a catch up on something that I foolishly didn't record properly in the middle of the night and had to concentrate-in Danish with sub-titles but it is brill.

Anyway what have I missed?-

We have a new transporter ,HUBS WAGS & SAPS,a training ground,catering arrangments,communal bath -has anybody considered boots-(other chemists are available).

02/08/2012 at 11:40

The last time I watched footy I seem to think I saw these. Is this what we want?

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10497.jpg?width=303&height=330&mode=max

I think my chickens have attacked the ball, it looks a bit squashy.

02/08/2012 at 12:02

Have been watching more rowing-I like a good row

Those boots need dubbin- or subtitles

02/08/2012 at 12:18

Silver for chaps rowing

02/08/2012 at 12:59

I have been busy gardening, planted out some chrysanths and removed lots more sycamore seedlings.

I did catch the silver medal in my tea break

Geoff can you contact Robert Pattison to see if he is available for stretcher duties and mouth to mouth resuscitation?

02/08/2012 at 13:12

I'm glad I'm tea lady. The only boots I wear are stilettos and wellies!

Geoff, Danish with subtitles?? Sounds a bit dodgy. Did it involve thongs?