London (change)
Today 14°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 2°C
02/08/2012 at 18:01

Geoff I would patent that idea quickly. Are you in charge of dinner tonight?

02/08/2012 at 18:05

No -the Zumba class is but a memory her dodgy knee was causing pain after two sessions so she has been abandoned it-fewer people came in the second week apparently in any case-as is the usual scenario .

I have other secret brilliant ideas but if I share them they will not be secret

02/08/2012 at 18:09

They do some strang things in laybys down here but I never realised they were having medicals. 

02/08/2012 at 18:23

Well gammon, rice and chips again tonight.

If a seed packet estimates germination will be 25-30 days, and they come up in a only a week, is that a good or bad sign?

Sowed some Hollyhock last thursday, and 2 are through already.

02/08/2012 at 18:23

Jenny! My gardening partner currently on a three week tour of the US! So shelved till his return! The little greenhouse did our heads in! 

Pam! The Doctor managed to make understood, shoes off! Do you smoke? Do you drink? But passed will do me! Obviously hence the price! 

Geoff! If ya get a filling! Make sure it's white n not mercury! Apparently, that's the way forword! So she told me! 

02/08/2012 at 18:32

Becks that is ok-chillax-they may just have been on the warm side-a good sign

Time for dinner

02/08/2012 at 18:53

Creamy Chicken Tikka Massala n Naan bread! With all the side trimmings! Love It! 

02/08/2012 at 18:57
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

Well gammon, rice and chips again tonight.

If a seed packet estimates germination will be 25-30 days, and they come up in a only a week, is that a good or bad sign?

Sowed some Hollyhock last thursday, and 2 are through already.

To each his/her own of course, but that wouldn't be for me, Becks.

If your hollyhocks have germinated so quickly it would indicate they have been germinated too warm conditions and this will probably result in weak & leggy seedlings.

A good idea would be to find somewhere cool for them now.

02/08/2012 at 19:21

They're already outside David. That's where they've been all along, in individual pots. The only cooler place is in the fridge!

And the menu choice is Jessies. I just go with the flow!

02/08/2012 at 19:24

Phew you lot. I need a snooze after reading all todays' posts.

Didnt actually manage any breakfast, nor coffee, until about 10.30am today! Decided to quickly trot to post box, first thing, with SILs' birthday card. Every few yds someone stopped me to chat! Was quite surprised that I didnt feel ill, eating that late.

Anyway, have really done a good weeding session of my main flower bed. Removed all the unwanted self-seeders, moss, weeds etc. Then titivated (!) the cleared soil with a small fork. Does look a lot better. Bound to have missed some things, particularly in the middle of the bed where a couple of huge plants are in full flower, but should be a lot easier later on in year- that's the plan.

Went in to get a coffee only to discover t'was raining again when I went back outside. Didnt come down too hard, so lawn will get done first thing tomorrow. Daughter said heavy rain as she was driving back from the other side of M/C centre, not that far away!

Had stuffed, baked mushrooms plus braised lettuce & baked pots for tea. Both of us too full for a pud. J.

02/08/2012 at 19:38

Waht a fab afternoon meddling! I was driving & listening to 5 live when the shotgun chap  from Dorset and the paddlers were doing their stuff. I got terribly excited and took the wrong exit off the roundabout then got lost. In the end had to pull over and park until the meddles were in the bag then get the map out and find out where I was! On the way home I found out SirChrissoontobeLord Hoy had rid his bike very very fast. We could end up with a lot of stamps at this rate ;- )

02/08/2012 at 19:41

What an exciting day, lots of drama on the cycling track.

While channel surfing, I caught some of a mixed doubles tennis match - Andy Murray was partnering Laura Robson.

On Breakfast this morning they explained that one of the Gold medal women rowers had been selected as a rower purely based on her physique. There is a page on the BBC website, where anyone can simply enter their height and weight, and it tells you what sports you'd be best at.

Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

I tried it, and got mountain biking, and judo.

Actually, I think I'd be good at wellie-throwing (not yet an Olympic sport).

02/08/2012 at 19:44

Becks Hollyhocks always germinate quickly for me

Will it be worth collecting the stamps?

02/08/2012 at 19:46

Dean, are you sure I can't tempt you?

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10529.jpg?width=309&height=307&mode=max

02/08/2012 at 19:49

Depends what you mean by worth it.

I think I've heard experts on these antiques programs say that stuff is only valuable if it's rare. No harm in buying modern stuff for sentimental reasons, or as a momento. But it's not going to make any money.

Now settling down to an evening telly session.

02/08/2012 at 19:51

Thanks for the link, Gary, I was looking for it earlier with no luck.

It seems Mens 200m Freestyle is my thing!!! I am most like Anderson Chee Wei Lim . I can only swim in my depth or within grabbing distance of the bar. I bet he can't bellydance - or knit !

02/08/2012 at 19:54

Gary I tried it too It said I would be good at the discus which is silly as I have no eye hand coordination.

02/08/2012 at 19:54

You need to buy stamps without the Queen upside down or some other flaw-probably doesn't happen much these days

Somewhere I have some commerative crowns

Can anyone ice-skate?

02/08/2012 at 19:58

I thought ice skating was in the winter olympics?

Flo is it difficult to add sequins to clothes?

02/08/2012 at 20:01

I just thought if we stated training now we could find a pair for ice dancing to rival Pearl and Dean