London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
08/08/2012 at 16:00

Becks, I don't see that many earwigs. Probably because I haven't got the types of plants they find attractive. The pincers are at the back end.

Interesting facts about earwigs (from BBC website): "The name earwig is derived from the old English 'earwicga' which means 'ear beetle'. It was once commonly believed that earwigs would burrow into people's ears at night and lay eggs in their brains."

The first photo's a nice sharp one, it's not easy to get sharp pics of insects.

Lympics fans - in first heat, Shanaze Reade came 5th in a field of 16. More races to come for her. She's still in the running, but there's room for improvement. Will not mention the show jumping.

08/08/2012 at 16:28

Thanks Gary. It was hard to get any picture at all as the leaves kept blowing in the wind.

Geoff, I might look into the chickens then.

08/08/2012 at 16:37

From what end?

Was I right on earwig then?-am I redeemed?-can I return to public life?

08/08/2012 at 16:38

Lovely and warm here now, I have made a keema and now I fancy a salad

Where have all the medals gone?

08/08/2012 at 16:50

It has all gone very quiet-there was always going to be a nothing day like this-all those BBC people on stand by to announce the magic 50 will have to wait a bit longer

I wonder if BMX riding might be my chosen sport-do I get to wear a backward cap?

Fish from Lidl tonight

Jenny must be up at the big hoose

08/08/2012 at 17:06

Most commentators (except the BBC) expected few/no medals today.

Taekwondo and women's wrestling turned out to be very disappointing.

There might be some excitement tonight with athletics running, but USA are favourites. Usain's running in a heat. And there's beach volleyball final, or hockey (GB v Argentina) - should be plenty of atmosphere in both those.

08/08/2012 at 17:14

The day is done! 4am starts are not good!  But 1pm finishes are great!  Gives me time to wander the plot, check thing's out n generally ponder! 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/10683.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

Very strange Tomato!!!!!

08/08/2012 at 17:29

Dean! What happened to you last night! Here we all were, poised for directions to the pyjama gaff bashing party, and you just dissapeared! Have you a good excuse?? And don't say 4am start. Not good enough!

Geoff, from all angles!

08/08/2012 at 17:33

Becks my Mum and Dad live in a council house and they have kept chickens for the past 5 years. i don't think the neighbours know they have them. Well apart from the ones next doors who buy the eggs

Their local council says that you are not allowed to keep livestock, but as they are well cared for and don't make any noise, no one has sad anything. Not even council workers!

08/08/2012 at 17:36

Ooh, that's good to know Dan. I've been looking for my tenancy agreement, but as usual, 'it's 'filed' away somewhere.

08/08/2012 at 17:36

Geoff, do they still have the walking races? I could just see you being good at that, especially if you could wear your speedos. But I must admit it looks harder than running.

Is that a Linford Christie tomato, Dean?

08/08/2012 at 17:38

Beck's! Wondered why I was dancing alone! Did I forget to divulge that information! It's an age thing ya know! n I'm only 21! Again! 

08/08/2012 at 17:41

Pam! Can't be! It's not in a lunchbox!!

08/08/2012 at 17:45

I saw a bit of "walking"-or nearly running- the other day-it is not a good look-it will not be my chosen sport-they dont even stop to look in show windows.

Becks we will be here to talk you through the ups and downs if you go ahead on the chicken front, back or end.

08/08/2012 at 17:54

The old dear over the road has given Jess a guitar! I'm not talking a little plastic thing, I mean a real, full size thing! You can imagine the noise! I thought she liked me. One less on the Christmas card list!

That's good to know Geoff, as I really won't have a clue! 2 goldfish is challenging!

I'm going to fit my new toilet seat.

08/08/2012 at 17:59

A neighbour said something to me about 'livestock' and my reply was 'they're not livestock, they're pets'. which they are! Especially when son no.1 used to walk round the garden with one sitting on each shoulder.

08/08/2012 at 18:10

Oh Becks-you are comedy gold for a  wag like me -"I'm  going to fit my new toilet seat"

Do you have weight issues you need to share?

The guitar will be a five minute wonder in my experience

08/08/2012 at 18:21
08/08/2012 at 18:34

Ha ha ha. No, Geoff. I bought it when I first moved in here nearly 4 years ago, but it just got lost when I started hoarding! But now all the crap is nearly cleared, I've found it today, so just fitted it.

Dinner is faggots, chips and peas.

Will I need a cock as well?? For the hens!

08/08/2012 at 18:36

Maybe I should have put cock-rel. Just looks rude. Not changing it now.