Start a new thread

361 to 380 of 29,275 replies

sotongeoff

If it is not raining where you are it will be at some point-just watched the procession down The Mall-we do do these thing awfully well -I can feel my chest filling with pride and am usually quite cynical about this stuff.

Robbie didn't sing Angels-the rest were okish but these concerts always look good on paper but sometimes................not sure what Queen makes of all this-would an 86 year old granny queue for tickets?Charles got his speech just about right.

Have taken a tour of the grounds and that it is about it-bag of snails in the litter bin at the end of the road-I hope they had a happy life

kate1123

No rain yet.

Are you not squeamish about snails?

Lottiebeans

I have done so much painting my arm is aching - and I've only stopped for a break! Have to go back to it soon. We were going to paint outside but the weather changed our plans so now the inside is getting painted first. 

I have discovered a pair of goldfinches are building a nest in the creeper right next to my bedroom window....hope they have better luck than the robins!

kate1123

No rest for the wicked

sotongeoff

I am having a guilt trip about killing stuff direct but don't mind if it happens through a third party.

Have watched balcony appearance and planes-am now jubileed out.

Lottie -when you've finished................

Advertisement

kate1123

I think you should take full responsibility for your murderous behaviour.

I hate to say this but you are unlikely to see another Jubilee.

I was planning chicken salad, the rain has arrived and I am now thinking carrots and gravy.

sotongeoff

Lamb shanks and jersey royals with mint sauce from garden grown mint-when will I be harvesting my potatoes Lottie?

If Charles becomes King in the next few years I might get to see his silver and by then the boffins will have come up with the elixir of eternal yoof-I shall be fine and go on for many years yet

kate1123

My potatoes in a bag are getting quite big, at least I did not need to worry about watering them, how much longer do we wait?

Very optimistic Geoff.

TV preview for tonight?

sotongeoff

Not much again it is Tuesday so Holby is on and Silk that I think you are watching-Big Brother back on 5 but I have never got into that.

Queen is on at 6 -that is not the group-that would be silly.

My perceived wisdom on pots is wait till they have flowered but we need the Potato Queen to make a ruling

kate1123

I have a film on standby tonight may be the night.

I am queened out.

Do I share pots with OH who will cover them in a chilli sauce?

sotongeoff

I think Queen needs a rest-there was speculation that as she was wearing black last night Philip had died but she was still on duty

So much football coming up-I will need loads of recorded stuff

kate1123

I am already looking forward to the footy.

I did wonder if there was bad news would it be suppressed?

sotongeoff

I am emigrating for the duration of the Euros-who is the £10 on?

kate1123

Germany. They will enjoy the environment and they are very organised, they will also want revenge for Chelsea's flukey win.

sotongeoff

Who are the rank outsiders-England?

Do we have to suffer commentators droning on about penalties when England play Deutschland?

Advertisement

Lottiebeans

Geoff, when did you plant the potatoes? And what variety? I will then predict!

I will not be watching any football!

sotongeoff

Homeguard-flower buds just appearing now.

kate1123

I have no flower buds on my potatoes

England will be disappointing, the commentators will have a field day, someone will lose their temper and get a red card, all good fun.

Someone is digging up the road behind me 

sotongeoff

They are either tunnelling in out tunnelling out-are they whistling and dropping dirt out of the bottom of their trousers?

kate1123

There is no whistling here, just noise.

Garden is looking damp, but there is some sunshine and black clouds.