20/08/2012 at 21:50

Dan -I have to say that review sites only give one side-you will always hear about complaints but when people are happy they don't always say so-it follows that a company can get a poor reputation just based on that -justified or not

Jean -then we shall have fun-they have finished the demolition work but am not sure when the building starts

20/08/2012 at 22:06
Good cottage pie too. I buy Branston baked beans and dried cranberries when they are on special offer, really good price.

You never actually know who has put the reviews on the site either Geoff.
20/08/2012 at 22:09

Right I'm off up the wooden hill to dream of paint pots fence panels and squashed plants. Site isn't working properly as you say and hubby has found something pleasant to watch - Women who kill !  Someone who de-capitated and skinned her husband - lovely.  All I can say is he best get that kitchen sorted !!!

21/08/2012 at 02:01

Geoff, I have just found out, just for you where I am going. Menorca, Calan Porter.

21/08/2012 at 08:17
Morning all! Currently in Carlisle n shall be for the next two weeks! A full day had yesterday setting up shop!
Breakfast had (always tastes better when prepared for you)

Beck's-shall endeavour to collect photographic evidence upon my return home, if there is any left that is!

Right! Let the two week training n presentations begin!
21/08/2012 at 09:30

It is a lot cooler this morning-and cloudy at the moment

What shall I do first?

21/08/2012 at 09:34

Dean, couldn't agree more about breakfast - it's my favourite bit of going away. Two weeks of breakfastses - wow!

Jean, I gave up on the site last night as well. Geoff, it might be your server (double faulting al over the place). Mine I think is my phone line, it's two miles down the road in a rickety shack and I only get 2 mb on a really good day.

Becks, you'll have a better time than you think - remember Kate and the evening reception! And Jess will be so full of fun that you won't be able to help yourself :- )

21/08/2012 at 09:34

Geoff dead heading, weeding, cut the grass, tie in climbers, pick beans

Dean 2 weeks away from your garden how will it cope?

21/08/2012 at 10:01

Done it all -except for the beans-that will be later.

Having had the verges cut last week the road sweeper came today-is there an election in the offing?

21/08/2012 at 10:12

Are people really impressed by having their verges cut?

I am still having trouble accessing this site, it takes ages to move between threads.

21/08/2012 at 10:18

It would help if bugs were fixed or perhaps a reassurance from someone that it was being looked at.

People are funny we get newsletters from all parties going look at us we have done this posing by a street sign-there is a big debate about a Biomass plant going on with them all telling us what they are doing about it-clean tidy streets gets a tick.

21/08/2012 at 10:20

In Worthing the council come along once in a blue moon to cut the verges and then leave all the grass all over the place. Then along come the chaps with the blowers who get it al onto a pile waiting ror the wind to blow it all over the place. I dont have a grass verge outside but if i did i would mow it myself.

21/08/2012 at 10:21

Good morning everyone.

I thought I was to only one with that irritating thing going round and round in the top left corner telling me its connecting, well it's not.

Kate and Geoff, I'm impressed by your industriousness this morning, so far I've only managed a shower, breakfast and a tidy up indoors.

As for grass verges, they leave it so long before they cut them here that it's a right mess, then they come along and blow all the cuttings everywhere, impressed NO!!

now I've got that off my chest,I'll get some deadheading done, before we hit town.

Have anice day everyone.

21/08/2012 at 10:32

The grass verges is a convoluted business -some cut them ,some do there own half, some leave them and don't care, then the big mower man came last week to cut grass nearly a foot long in places -then the blower man came the next day and blew some about and bagged some up and today the road sweeper completed the job

I am told it is all about cutbacks but when it takes 3 gangs to do the job of one,if they did it more regularly...............

I could do the whole road in less than hour a fortnight and leave it tidy but that is not allowed

21/08/2012 at 10:40

It is a bit like the ride along pavement sweepers, they just seem to move the dirt rather than pick it up.

21/08/2012 at 11:17

Morning all. Very cloudy again today. Lawns still not cut as still damp.

Playing the waiting game for Asda Delivery to turn up.

21/08/2012 at 11:28

I'm on the Parish council for our village. Some people do moan about the state of verges. The County Council halved the amount of cuts they do and when it's done the long grass is lying everywhere. When asked, the mower man said 'It's not our job to pick it up'! The PC has put out an appeal to anyone who is able, to mow their own verges which some do anyway, like my lovely next door neighbour who has done mine ever since I moved here. We also have a group of volunteers from the village residents' association who go out every Tuesday mroning to tackle some of the bits that don't really belong to anybody.

My front 'lawn' is knee high, I haven't had the mower out all year, just haven't got round to it. Luckily I have a dense hedge across the front garden so I'm not disgracing the neighbourhood!

21/08/2012 at 11:38
FloBear wrote (see)

I'm on the Parish council for our village... My front 'lawn' is knee high, I haven't had the mower out all year...

Being neurotic about short grass is just pandering to fashion, and 'what the neighbours think'. Long grass is the mark of the independent mind.

21/08/2012 at 12:07

Good morning latecomers- the day is half-over

"One persons patch of weeds is another's wildlfe meadow"

-the thought for the day

21/08/2012 at 12:15

No, it is actually driving me mad. Looks totally messy. May attempt it later if the sun dries it a bit more, if it comes back out.