07/06/2012 at 10:23

You can have a second go

07/06/2012 at 12:13

Weather not the sort to tempt me outside today.

Have a sort of Jo crisis at the mo- know that i bought a GC voucher for friend's birthday pressie, combined with her OH (never know what to get him). Now it was sat on bureau with a post-it on envelope saying what it was. Not there now & cannot find it anywhere. Know when/where got it & in desperation have phoned friend to check if had already sent it to her- unlikely, as only bought it actually on her birthday & know sent the card earlier. No, not there either.

So will get another 'v' tomorrow from elsewhere & should the original turn up I shall enjoy spending it!

The only other thing is has OH somehow got it with his paperwork? but since he didnt come home this w/end.........

Ironing got done- Lewis good viewing for us. Know Oxford so it's lets' spot where they are half the time. J.

07/06/2012 at 12:25

Lottie (if I may so bold as to shorten) I love the idea of the car being absorbed back into the vegetation.

Jo4 I'm a great fan of Lewis (& Morse and His Dark Materials) - I really should visit Oxford one day.

Geoff - errands is a woman's lot.

07/06/2012 at 12:35

I have taken the hoover out for a run this morning so I appear to be doing stuff and have not passed my use-by date.

Was it wet out there?

Jo,Jo Jo.....................................,

07/06/2012 at 12:58

Fancy a trip 'up North' Geoff? my hoovering needs doing oh & the dusting............

Still raining & am having a coffee before going upstairs to 'do a paperwork sort out'!

Cross about that V still, but dfinitely nowhere to be seen/found. J.

07/06/2012 at 13:06

FloBear, please do! Was always shortened to Lottie before we moved to this site. Are you Flo?

Jo, just goes to show that things can move entirely independently!

It is wet out there now, should I risk a trip to the plot? Do I want to plant stuff in the rain? Would save having to water of course!

07/06/2012 at 13:15

Jo-it will turn up somewhere-are you sure you didn't iron it?

Lottie stay indoors- you might drown or get blown away

07/06/2012 at 13:22

Ha ha Geoff!

Replacement will be form a certain Scandinavian store I think. Down to NWorcs tomorrrow & will need to escape the rush hour traffic on M6 on the way back.

Saturday have to take my car for its replacement windscreen! Thank you lorry passing by on monday. Contrary to the adverts, my insurance company need me to pay an excess!!

Lottie- got waterproof trousers? J.

07/06/2012 at 13:44

Hallo all, greetings from the Somerset Levels where it hasn't stopped raining since the Queen was a girl (well, that's what it feels like!)  Have tidied the potting shed, moved most things twice, even oiled the shears.  I shall be sharpening things next.  It must be November ...

07/06/2012 at 13:51

Hello smallswan-now that is an odd user name-how come?

Did you find any surprises in the potting shed-the lost secateurs ,endless balls of string,that thing you couldn't find so bought a new one yesterday?

07/06/2012 at 14:14

smallswan is a childhood nickname - it's a long story which I'll save for a rainy day ... ! 

The secateur count is up to 7 so far: and none of them are properly sharp, mainly because they get lost and rusty at regular intervals.  Is it possible to sharpen secateurs without special kit?

07/06/2012 at 14:22

Who is special kit?-is she the person that does the sharpening?

I bought a ratchet pair of secateurs some years ago that disappeared -I had forgotten all about them then one day dug out compost and there they where- had been mia for 4 years-rusty, a lot of cleaning, oiling and wd40 later, they still did the job-did a lot of secateuring that day

Getting a bit windy now

07/06/2012 at 14:31

Oh yes, and she does angle grinding, brush cutting and all the things OH says he can't do because he hasn't got 'special kit' .....

07/06/2012 at 14:37

Have just checked the water-butt that was empty last week -now half full again

I was here a fortnight ago-wish I still was

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2514256

07/06/2012 at 14:49

Sorry to gloat but this time tomorrow I will be here, Yippee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6297294

07/06/2012 at 14:52

On Saturday I shall be here:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <wontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <wontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <wontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <mmallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><!--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="fa

07/06/2012 at 14:59

MuddyFork I am not envious at all

Smallswan-gobbledygook land??

07/06/2012 at 15:08

Yes, fully qualified in gobbledygook: just trying to say we are off to Cornwall and it's even worse there than it is here.

07/06/2012 at 15:10

I think this board doesn't like my messages: I'll get me coat ...

07/06/2012 at 15:15

It doesn't seem to cope with copy/paste

What are you doing in Cornwall?