London (change)
Today 20°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 14°C
28/08/2012 at 11:47

Oh Flo, sorry.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11236.jpg?width=215&height=215&mode=max

28/08/2012 at 11:51

:- D

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11237.jpg?width=275&height=275&mode=max

28/08/2012 at 11:51

Ooops, forgot to share, sorry everyone.

28/08/2012 at 11:52

28/08/2012 at 12:08

Well just back in from a good tidy up outside after yesterday's deluge and gales . Lovely day here for a change , ( sorry Flo ! ) The grass is still a foot high so will have to wait for it to dry out a bit first so no doubt I'll be the talk of the neighbourhood !

Sorry for my ignorance but what is W U Ms and Flamers ?  Like all addictions I would be inclined not to feed them ( except cake of course ! )

28/08/2012 at 12:26

Wind Up Merchants. Flamers are, I think, people who use the anonimity of message boards to be offensive and insulting to individuals or groups of people. Agrre, don't feed them - responses are what they want. It's so nice to have an 'ignore' button on this forum.

Please don't apologise for your sun, enjoy it  :- )  Mine's back now, anyway. Just have to time it right and get bits indoors before the next shower.

28/08/2012 at 12:26

I don't know Jean. I don't grow flowers.

28/08/2012 at 12:27

Ha ha ha!! I thought VERY wrong! Thought you were referring to a plant jean!!

28/08/2012 at 12:28

- Thought I MAY have been !!!!

28/08/2012 at 12:53

Following the discovery that Marmite may help to prevent MRSA and other infections, the public are being warned not to start wolfing down large amounts of Marmite on toast...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9501857/Love-it-or-hate-it-Marmite-could-stop-spread-of-MRSA.html

28/08/2012 at 13:09

The Russian Vine saga is what first brought me to a forum as I needed the name of a thug MD had mentioned on GW. I have just rescued 2 skimmias that could not fight back against it but the Euphorbia is doing a good job so I have a few more to go in. At least if he walks all over my border with Euphorbias in place he may cause himself an injury

Frank I appreciate what you are saying about pots, but some of my issues are his ignoring the boundary between his and my garden, he told me one day that he had planted the roses in my front garden, I was so flabergasted I could not reply.

I have custard creams but no cake

28/08/2012 at 14:03
kate1123 wrote (see)

Frank I appreciate what you are saying about pots, but some of my issues are his ignoring the boundary between his and my garden, he told me one day that he had planted the roses in my front garden, I was so flabergasted I could not reply.

I have custard creams but no cake

Kate I am speechless at the fact you were too flabbergasted to say anything, all I can think is you were in shock. Chop out the roses (after flowering of course) and sling them over his Russian Vines then plant Japanese Knot weed or Bamboo that will make him move on, mind it could take the rest of your life getting rid of it when he goes.
They do say we can do as we wish in our own garden so burying a bootle of killer with a drip feed top on his vine root should do something.

Frank.

28/08/2012 at 14:18

Frank the reason I was so shocked was that they are the roses that the builders put in lots of gardens when they finished them off, so I have them in the left and right hand side of my front gardens but he is so dim that he had not thought about that. They went in before his vines so they seem to have established themselves. He has a lot of cctv so I have to be a little careful but I am working at it I had not thought of bamboo

28/08/2012 at 15:04

Right then Kate CCTV is very easy to fool, put a screen up in front of his camera with a rolling video of an empty garden then go in disguised of course, how about the Grim Reaper with a chain saw instead of a scythe and hack it to bits. A loud recording of P Mc (ex Beatle) should make him put ear muffs on, it certainly makes me reach for mine. The scene of devastation should have him thinking the wrath of Odin has hit him.
On the other hand for a small fee I could arrive at midnight with my cross cut saw and fell the lot, I am a big lad, he would think twice, Frank Chaos Mayhem being my middle names.

Frank.

28/08/2012 at 15:50

Ha ha ha Frank. May I take your number as well for future emergencies!!??

28/08/2012 at 15:58

Hello all, back from my trip to Cornwall. Had lots of what my brother refers to as 'liquid sunshine' and have brought back a soaking wet tent which now needs to be dried before my next camping trip in 2 weeks time. The tent stood up admirably to the torrential rain and gale force winds.

Best bit was of course Heligan - could have done with longer there but we had invites to a BBQ so had to leave earlier than I wanted. I also didn't get a chance to look round the shop. We have promised ourselves a return trip. And we went on Sunday - by far the best day weather-wise. We have also promised ourselves a return trip to Padstow when my bank balance is feeling healthier!

Becks, sorry to hear about the blight - but your potatoes will probably be alright.

Kate, we will do a midnight raid and chop up the Russian vine.

28/08/2012 at 16:01

I am having trouble keeping up on here

Thankyou for the flowers Jean I don't really deserve them until the flower opens,though  Love your big cat

We have been clearing my pot plant greenhouse out ready for all the cuttings I will be taking in the next few days

Pam LL x

28/08/2012 at 16:21
Afternoon all, just been out to clear up the rubble in the road brought down by the water last week, fed up waiting for the council to do it. Pulled out all the weeds growing along the pavement for our 4 cottages. Feeling very virtuous. Apart from that a lazy day, ground very wet, so don't really want to go on the garden to plant out all my acquisitions from yesterday.

Got a dark pink Japanese anenome (hope it won't be invasive on my clay soil), a frilly heuchera, a nice dark red grass and a magenta coloured dwarf magenta budleia. I've picked the spot for them, but need to take out something that has outgrown the space.

Could we organise a SWAT team from amongst us led by Frank to deal with the Russian vine? If so, count me in!
28/08/2012 at 17:03

I've just pulled the two affected plants out and disposed of them Lottie. Such a shame when they had their flowers open, but the black was creeping nearer their stem. I must learn not to get so attatched to my plants.

28/08/2012 at 17:50
Never mind Becks. I have just been cutting down a phygelus, which has gone mad,but didn't flower very much. The figwort which I was told in another thread was a weed - it was huge, now I've got space for the new plants and taken some stems out of the purple loose strife which is also huge. They look very pretty in a vase with some pink astilbe. But I feel really bad about cutting them all down.