Start a new thread

5,001 to 5,020 of 29,275 replies

Miss Becks

We're a sentimental lot at times.

Thank you for your kind offers of help, it would be funny to have a midnight raid on the Russian vine but I am going to get my revenge slowly by finding plants that will fight it even if I have to resort to a bramble.

Lottie I am sure that it has rained the last 10 bank holidays in Cornwall.

Ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach.

Miss Becks

Does anyone know what this insect is? It seems to live on my potato plant! Everytime I check it (about every hour

) it is just there, hanging under leaves. It looks like it has a sting on it's tail, and about 1-1 and a half inch long, legs/wings bigger.

The Doctor

Looks like a crane fly, could be a female.

Dan x

Miss Becks

Thanks Dan. Just googled it, and you were spot on. Never seen one this big close up.

Miss Becks

Kate, was it you asking when Dallas was coming back on, or Geoff? Just saw an advert for it saying Wednesday 5th September, 9pm, channel 5.

Pennine Petal

I heard JR and Sue Ellen o the radio the other day, they seemed really excited to be on again. He has a really deep voice.

A lovely bright almost full moon shining through my living room window.

hollie hock

Good evening everyone- listening to the radio Garbage playing- "Stupid Girl" haven't heard this for years

No denying it I'm not keeping up - other than I love Marmite

Have a great evening

Deanos Diggin It
Ha! Ha! Hollie? Thinking none of us are keeping up! Pam n yaself as mentioned! We're all too busy doing other stuff!
The Doctor

Isn't it quiet without Geoff

Miss Becks

Aaw bless him. Hope he's ok. He will have a lot to catch up on when he's back!

Jean Genie

Morning all . It's not here . After a lovely day yesterday we are back to the usual wind and heavy rain .

Glad you enjoyed your trip Lottie.

Kate - I know where there is some more himalayan balsam growing.  We could get an assault team together ( led by Frank ) and use it to launch the seed pods into your neighbour's garden.  He would never recognise us .

Jean I am so tempted 

Becks someone else was asking about Dallas but I also wanted to know, thanks, I will definitely watch the first couple of episodes to see if it is any good.

No rain here as yet but we have some very dark clouds, at least I would catch up with some housework if it rained

OK where did you get the photo of the lads and myself, they are not supposed to be published. We had just come back from sorting a mob of Chelsea pensioners who had seen Carol in the flower tent and all wanting a kiss. We chased them out and I kissed her behind the Chrysthanthemums.
Well there are perks for the job??

Pennine Petal
Morning all, you're right Dan it is quiet without Geoff.

Jean, love the Himalayan balsam idea and quite fancy the get-up! There is so much of it around that we could do with an army to get rid of it.

Jean Genie

Haha Frank ! I have to say you look very fetching. 

Not a promising forecast for here today either - dry at the moment but rain by lunchtime so it might have to be a trip to the GC rather than the plot.

Jean, I like the combat gear, am sure it would suit me! Kate, let us know when you need us (not for housework though!)

Becks, hope the other potatoes are ok!

Pottie Pam

Good morning everyone.

I vote that Frank leads the raiding party. If he's still got a flame thrower that could solve the problem.The knotweed and balsam might spread into Kate's garden.

Jean Genie

Well , going off radar now (in keeping with the military theme ! ) Got to brave the elements and pop out .  Shopping needs to be done. There appears to be a severe shortage of cake .   Have a nice day everyone.

Braving the elephants, Jean - good on yer. I've just braved them to do a makeshift repair to the holey cover n the chicken run.

Frank, I thought Carol was looking a bit cross-eyed when she emerged from behind the chrysanths - now I know why.

Morning all - it is still mornign, I suppose, it's very dark.