London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
29/08/2012 at 20:05

I don't like the lurid yellow smilies so I see : $  or : @ (don't know what the second one is but I now know the first one is blushing)

29/08/2012 at 20:07

Aah, I see now.

29/08/2012 at 20:39
Evening everyone, had to pop into work this afternoon to pick up a parcel, just as we were leaving to walk back to the car park it bucketed down. Change of plan on the fish and chips yesterday so drove over the Haworth moors to Colne Boundary Mill today for our f&c. Blue skies and lovely sunshine once we go the end of the big ban of heavy black could. The only thing predictable about the British weather is its unpredictability!

Just had a Turkish Delight with my cuppa, mmmmmmm

Enjoyed the off topic postings, you naughty people!
29/08/2012 at 20:57

Ha ha ha. It had to be done Glyn. The devils in us.

29/08/2012 at 20:59

Flo, the @ one is angry

29/08/2012 at 21:14

Evening everyone

Kate-  I think trust your instinct - pick axe versus trainers...........nasty

Flo- I'm with you on the smilies- I think that's called computer programming, that 's another string to our bows

29/08/2012 at 21:49

Fantastic day out today to Bodmin and Wenford steam railway. As Dad turned 50 in April I had a chat with the station manager and managed to get Dad on the footplate for a trip.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293385_4507986137852_2010312351_n.jpg

He was like a 5 year old when he came off, grinning like a Cheshire cat

29/08/2012 at 22:18
Just watched Patrick Stewart on Who do you think you are. What an interesting story.

Off to the Lakes tomorrow as it looks as if the weather is going to be OK.

Have we had a postcard from Geoff yet?

David, have a great day in Aberystwyth, we were over there a couple of weeks ago.
29/08/2012 at 22:20

I cannot believe it I went to bed with a thumping headache and you have been having fun and games without me

Dan, dads are never too old to be children

29/08/2012 at 22:27

Becks, thanks for the info about angry @. Could be useful sometimes!

Kate, sorry you've been missing the fun and games, hope the headache is over and done with.

29/08/2012 at 22:44

Thanks Flo a couple of hours sleep cured it, I am now worried that someone has organised a day out and I have not been invited

29/08/2012 at 23:28

Very late I know but just can't stop laughing !!!  You are all very naughty - just had to join !

29/08/2012 at 23:33

That was meant to read  ''in'' !

30/08/2012 at 07:22

Good Morning Everyone

Pam LL x

30/08/2012 at 07:33

Good morning all, let's hope we have a better day weather wise.

Have you all got it out of your system, you naughty people?. Mind you she or he did ask for it. Life's too short to take too seriously. Pity Geoff is away he would certainly have had something to say. I had a good laugh anyway.

Did any of you manage to watch any of the Paralympics opening ceremony?. I kept dipping in and out, but enjoyed what I saw.

Must away, cats to feed, burglar alarms to battle with, life is just one big bundle of fun. 

Have nice day.

Chris x

30/08/2012 at 08:00
lovetogarden wrote (see)
...Did any of you manage to watch any of the Paralympics opening ceremony?. ..

Yes, I watched the start of para lympics last night. Well, as far as the parade of competitiors which was just too tedious for me to sit through, so I went outside and did some slug hunting.

Interesting opening remark by Steven Hawking - that the event is about changing our perception of the world. Interpret that however you like.

I saw a recent interview in which one of the competitors said they were glad they had no legs, because otherwise they would not be where they are. Not sure whether I'll watch many of the events, but I do find the fateful backstories fascinating. It really makes you wonder about Fate, and why things happen to people in the strange ways that they do.

I also liked the emphasis on the idea that it is OK to be different. That applies also to our freedom to think what we like. I like unconventional viewpoints.

30/08/2012 at 08:32

Good Morning.  I've sent a message to the wrong thread ! Have a look at veg planning.

I need lessons from Becks.

30/08/2012 at 08:36
I thought the same yesterday. I suppose it's possible to sign up multiple times with different usernames. At least the posts stimulate creative thinking! Off for a pedicure shortly, glad I know how deep corn roots grow...
30/08/2012 at 08:48

Jean and figrat.

I thought the same thing, could someone out there just be out to see what response they get? Like fishing,throw in the bait and wait for a bite.

30/08/2012 at 08:57

Either that or I'm in the doghouse ! Figrat - that picture of the baco-foil hat will remain with me forever , What a giggle !