London (change)
Today 13°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
30/08/2012 at 09:17
Probably not the response the poster hoped for! Hurrah, hear the melodious sounds of chainsaws from next door, they're cutting back one of the humungous beech trees, so I should get another hour of sunshine at the top of the garden.
30/08/2012 at 09:46

We have Joe the Gardener to thank for kicking off the fun and games with his observation on electrification of the railways. Such fun ;- )

I watched Opening ceremony, agree that parade of nations went on a bit but wanted to see last bit so had to stay up.

Busy day today, having a sneaky peek at swimming before I get going.

Enjoy your days one and all.

30/08/2012 at 09:50

Triffic start. Nyree Kindred wins her heat setting a new Paralympic record! Three cheers.

30/08/2012 at 10:06

Good morning lovelies.

Well, the sun is out, but it is so windy!! Just give my toms some extra support before they keel over and snap! Nothing planned for today. I have loads to do! Just haven't planned to do it!

30/08/2012 at 10:07

Did watch some of the opening and a bit more this morning, must admit I had to watch "Jet when Britain ruled the skies" having flown on most of them. The parade got a bit tedious, I suppose they could not speed it up as they did with the Olympics.
I will watch most of the events although if they shove too many adverts in that will be it for me.
Have a, well what ever day each and all it is not good here.

Frank.

30/08/2012 at 10:18

Well, I have succumbed to waching the swimming. I find the backstories interesting, a lot of these accidents could happen to anyone. I too find the adverts an interference. I normally flick the sound on the remote to off while the ads play, or take the opportunity to make a cup of something.

30/08/2012 at 10:22

Grey here but dry at the moment, I may get 20 mins in the garden before it starts to rain.

I was a little disappointed that the troll did not come back to play.

30/08/2012 at 10:35

Grey here at the moment too. Had to have a read of the other thread this morning as I wasn't around last night. Made me giggle - you lot are incorrigible!

Pam LL - our nearest Wilko is in Camberley - will let you know when I'm going next and you can let me have your shopping list!

Watched most of the opening ceremony last night but it went on beyond my bedtime.

30/08/2012 at 10:51
kate1123 wrote (see

I was a little disappointed that the troll did not come back to play.

Kate some of us found out years ago trolls like to bully not play and the best way to deal with them is not to feed them in any way no matter how mad you feel.
It surprised me so many posters had a go, it probably made them feel very important.
I think winter has arrived here, straight from Siberia.

Frank.

30/08/2012 at 11:00

Jess planted some Kiwi seeds for fun, and we had 3 survivors, which are belting along nicely, but I hadn't read up on them back then, and now see stories of how big they grow. I thought they could be contained like those mini citrus trees! Oops, think I made a mistake with these. Anyone for kiwi??

30/08/2012 at 11:13
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

.... Anyone for kiwi??

Kate is looking for something to compete with her neighbour's Russian Vine.

Don't kiwis look a bit like vines. Didn't you want a vine, at one time.

30/08/2012 at 11:16

I want grapevine Gary. Kate is most welcome to them if she wants competitors. Not sure what sex they are though, for pollination purposes.

30/08/2012 at 11:19

A giant Kiwi  Now that sounds like a great idea, is it hardy?

Frank in my book humour always wins.

Beechgrove fans- it has moved to Friday at 8.30pm  genius

30/08/2012 at 11:22

I don't know Kate. They were seeds from fruit bought at the Co-Op.

30/08/2012 at 11:41

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11304.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

This is a photo of my kiwi. As you can see it's a bit of a thug. It was supposed to be self-fertile but although it has lots of pretty flowers, never had any fruit. The dog likes to make a den under it when the weather is too hot for him.

30/08/2012 at 11:43

Well done, Jess for growing kiwi seeds.

30/08/2012 at 11:44

We saw kiwis growing on Capri, they are very strong plant/vines. Are they ok to grow here, can't recall having seen one. Best of luck with them Becks and Jess.

Why can't Beechgrove be shown on BBC 1 or 2 all over the UK? or is that too simple an idea, they show any amount of rubbish, when it's something a lot of people would enjoy, it's no go.      Moan over, back to freezing beans.

30/08/2012 at 11:48
I now have Olympic gold and silver toenails. Shame it's so cold, they can't be seen under socks.
30/08/2012 at 11:53

Thanks Pam/Chris! As I say, they were only a fun experiment for Jess, and are still only about 2 inch tall, in individual pots, but strong little things. Big leaves. I don't think I have anywhere to put them if they grow as big as yours Pam. Oh dear.

30/08/2012 at 11:54

figrat, do they match your silver microwave hat!!