London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
07/06/2012 at 20:23

Yes -they call it another chance too see-bit like a source says,an insider or someone close to-media speak

Like the story today about Gary Barlow wanted for the Voice-absolute nonsense and full of sources,an insider......

I might go to Wimbledon

07/06/2012 at 21:14

Have you tickets or are you just ging to visit the station?

My mum says summers are a thing of the past

07/06/2012 at 21:23

I am beginning to agree with Kate's mum. My tomatoes stand no chance.

I am a bit disappointed tonight. The friend who offered to do my party invites has done them and sent them out - with no date on them and the wrong email address. Wish I'd done them myself now! If anyone turns up for this party it will be a miracle. Am leaving nothing else to chance now and will oversee every detail personally!

07/06/2012 at 21:23

I think your mum may be right

07/06/2012 at 21:27

Lottie you should have asked your super organised friend 

07/06/2012 at 21:48

Kate, should have asked you!

07/06/2012 at 22:08

Lottie have checked my e-mail and appear to have been left out again-why does this keep happening?

Summer will return -I promise- I have friends in the weather centre

07/06/2012 at 22:56

Thank you for the info peeps I will leave the turf til September then

Weather has been horrendous here today too, my garden is a sorry sight. Just clinging to the hope of a possible dry Saturday. Have a day off work 2moro and more wind and rain forecast so will face the chore of filling in my tax return....deep joy!

Geoff, dinner was roast chicken, new pots, carrots n brocolli yum yum. Noticed today that I am down to my last inch or so of tomato chutney and cant see me having a bumper harvest this year to make anymore

Lottie is this year a 'special' birthday? Am sure all your plans will come together in the end!

07/06/2012 at 23:21

Woo2 I am not one to gossip but Lottie had a special birthday in December right in the middle of seasonal festivities  so she is having a half year party to celebrate properly.

08/06/2012 at 06:21
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

Smallswan, I say that every year! Especially with the allotment. I've just heard though that this year's borough allotment competition has been cancelled - due to the hosepipe ban! I wonder if Lilylouise knows, as I know her OH wins prizes.

Think I might ask for some waterproof trousers for my birthday.

I had better go and batten down some hatches.

To be expected Lottie - we had a letter yesterday to say that the Woking in Bloom competition has been cancelled,too  Earlier in the year the organisers were encouraging people to plant red,white and blue displays so there will be some disappointed people - I think they could have made the decision earlier - the ban came into force in April  This year I would have only be able to enter either a basket or container display .

Pam x

p.s The weather is digusting this morning!!!

08/06/2012 at 07:06

I could hear the wind in the middle of the night-there doesn't appear to be any damage in the garden-will watch the news in a moment for the bigger picture.

08/06/2012 at 09:27

Geoff, watch out for reporters standing outside just to show how wet and windy it is.

Pam - I don't see why they were cancelled, we've all got the same conditions to work with! Is your open garden still going ahead? (Hope so!) I keep looking at those new allotments when I drive past - things are taking shape, its no longer a sea of mud.

Woo2, yes its a big birthday, one of those with a 0 at the end!

08/06/2012 at 09:33

Forgot to say, Mrs Goldfinch is now in residence on the nest. Mr Goldfinch is lurking nearby. Luckily where they have constructed the nest its sheltered from the elements. She is sitting 3 inches from the edge of my bedroom window. I need a nest-cam!

08/06/2012 at 10:04

There was a shot of a reporter standing in a campsite in smallswan's neck of the woods-it is going to get worse throughout the morning apparently.

What can I do today?

08/06/2012 at 10:34
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

Geoff, watch out for reporters standing outside just to show how wet and windy it is.

Pam - I don't see why they were cancelled, we've all got the same conditions to work with! Is your open garden still going ahead? (Hope so!) I keep looking at those new allotments when I drive past - things are taking shape, its no longer a sea of mud.

Woo2, yes its a big birthday, one of those with a 0 at the end!

Lottie - all being well our garden is opening  I am really looking forward to it !

08/06/2012 at 10:42

Welcome to winter, this is just miserable.

I cannot believe that they would cancel Woking in Bloom just because of the hosepipe ban.

08/06/2012 at 11:01

I went to Blaydon races
twas on the ninth of June
Eighteen hundred and sixty two
On a summers afternoon
I took the bus at Balmbras
And she was heavy laden
Away we went along Collingwood Street
thats the way to Blaydon.

Followed by the chorus every one gets so wrong.
I worry about you Southern lot and a bit of wind and rain, the Newcastle lasses the flowers of the North will be out and about whatever the weather at Blaydon Races tomorrow well fortified with Newcastle brown brewed in Gateshead.
Come on you lot its only a bit of wet?

Frank.

08/06/2012 at 11:09

Frank I will admit to being a southern softie but my mine concern at the moment is that if we do not get some sunshine soon none of my new plants will get a chance to establish.

08/06/2012 at 11:24

Mostly sunny tomorrow-less wind- still unsettled into next week

Michael Fish Southampton

08/06/2012 at 11:26

Is that a promise of sunshine, moneyback guarantee?

My half-price seeds have arrived