Start a new thread

521 to 540 of 29,275 replies

kate1123

Do you remember the Cinerias that Beechgrove did last year, we were all so impressed that we said we would give them a go I also bought some red zinnias, red amaranthus, verbascums, eryngiums.........I can see a car boot sale next year, although this years seedling are struggling today

sotongeoff

I did and forgot-thanks for reminding-they showed them in flower in the early shows?

Another good Beechgrove last night I thought

kate1123

I do like all the trials and the new varieties of plants. Jims comments about compost particularly useful. I want to know how those school kids grew such healthy plants, a heated greenhouse maybe?

sotongeoff

I missed the bit about seed composts in a previous programme as I was on the beach-what conclusions did they reach?

They may have bought the plants in

Advertisement

kate1123

New Horizon peat free seed compost was top rated at 20p a litre.

No! they showed the pupils sowing the seeds then planting them out, was I hoodwinked

sotongeoff

People have apparently been "braving" the winds a rather overused adjective in my opinion-Chery was being constantly brave when she split from hubby-she and Katy Perry are on Graham Norton tonight

kate1123

Are we already looking at tv highlights, I have not had lunch yet.

sotongeoff

Fighting my way past football hyperbole

I had fish finger sandwiches-yummy

kate1123

I have made soup but now want fish finger sandwiches

sotongeoff

Compromise-have soup sandwiches.

smallswan

Sotongeoff: you're right - it's 'orrible here. 

Went to sort out casualties (broken hollyhocks, roses all over the place) and got blown off my stepladder ... ouch ... just had a strong cup of tea, need a stiff drink.

sotongeoff

Going up stepladders just before going away is dicing with death-you have been very brave

smallswan

Beechgrove - who they?  

smallswan

For brave read b. idiot.  No permanent harm done, except to the philadelphus that got landed on.  Just discovered Beechgrove happens in Scotland.  Is it good?

Advertisement

kate1123

smallswan I would ask the carrier pigeon to bring you some navy rum but he is refusing to fly.

Beechgrove is great they do lots of trials on plants/compost etc You can watch on i-player or BBC Scotland.

smallswan

Thanks: that seems like a good occupation come Friday tea time. it's still blowing like a tropical storm, but at least the rain's eased up.  The May floods haven't all gone   yet: we could do without more of the b*****s.

sotongeoff

In amongst the wind and the showers I have mowed off the daffodil leaves in the naturalized grass strip-that is it for today

kate1123

You have been out too, so brave the pair of you.