London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
21/09/2012 at 13:08

Ooops taking up too much space.

21/09/2012 at 13:18

The glory lily was in a cool greenhouse, presumably too cool.

The plant I bought from Burncoose came through the post, complete with flower pot, and cane, in a big box. Lots of screwed up paper as padding. I've also seen these plants at my local GC (Blooms/Wyevale) but they only had a novel orange variety, which I wasn't so keen on. I prefer the red ones.

21/09/2012 at 13:25

Pam- no idea how you do that!

My Schizostylis are both in the borders. I do try & mulch in the late Autumn. Am in NWest & was concernd that it wouldnt cope, but on a walk around the local streets one day I spotted loads quite happily being rampant, in some cases, in various front gardens. My one variety is definitely more lax/floppy than the other, but that could be because it's an older plant?

BTW Pam have actually finished the chemo- YAY- but am still on a couple of drugs both of which have various sideffects of their own. The increasing tiredness is getting me down a bit at times, but I know to stop, there & then, if it starts. OH had a good example of that last month when he was dragging me around a town centre on the day after I'd received a dose of one of the drugs. I rebelled & nearly sat down in the middle of the road!! So by the Austrian holiday time he was much more understanding & we got to stop & sample the culinary delights of all sorts of cafes that previously we'd ignored! J.

21/09/2012 at 13:27

Good afternoon lovelies!

Rudely awoken this morning by an unannounced visit from a friend after dropping her kids off at school.

And I'm sure my washing machine just tutted as I started loading it up again.

Jess now at nursery, so few hours peace.

21/09/2012 at 13:45

I think that glory lily tubers might be intended to be lifted and overwintered somewhat like dahlias. The tubers are stange things, a bit like carrots, though not tapered. It's not easy to tell which way up they should be planted (if you should come across a tuber).

21/09/2012 at 13:54

Have been busily doing nothing again

Here  is a site that I stumbled across -your put a word in and it makes an anagram-tried Lottiebeans just for fun-comes up with 10500 options-still like the first one-"baseline tot"-gary hobson-"angry hobos"

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

21/09/2012 at 14:08

There are some adverts at the top of that anagrams website.

They are trying to sell me weedkiller.

Big Brother is watching us.

21/09/2012 at 14:22

Well I never I also popped into home bargains this morning and looked at the flowering discs, I did not purchase them as I failed with my baskets again this year and have vowed not to do them next. Jean you will have to let us know how you got on. I did succumb to some tulips and some chocolate marshmallow cakes.

21/09/2012 at 14:49
Hello all and very nice to meet you Lowenna!

Is schyzostylis lily also called Kaffir lilies? Man hated lots in her garden and I have tried them here but they never seem to flower. I might try them in pots as they are very pretty. I think the pale pink one is more hardy that the dark pin.

Had my hair cut today and popped in Lidl, 6 hedging plants for 4.99 including hebe and box, quite small though. They had some pretty miniature roses too, also 4.99. I bought a little indoor miniature rose for my office for 2.00 in Morrisons.

Jo, let's celebrate! How about a cyber-party? With cake and balloons. We could set a time and all eat cake at the same time.
21/09/2012 at 15:02

Ooh I like the idea of a cyber-party - just let me know when to eat the cake...but don't make me wait too long!!

21/09/2012 at 15:04

Yes Schzostylis was called KL, until it was considered none PC.

BTW assume 'man' was 'my Nan'- well that's how I read it! J.

21/09/2012 at 15:06

Lottie, have you ever heard of pre-tea tea? It's what a friend gave her children before they went out to tea anywhere so they didn't disgrace themselves by behaving like little gannets. I'm sure there's such a thing as pre-cake cake  ;- )

21/09/2012 at 15:07

Crossed posts & my slow typing again!

Cyber party good idea anytime. I've still got to be 'good' though, just until been weighed at the hospital .

Ooh, missing GQT, back later. J.

21/09/2012 at 15:22

I have news on the cake front. All the Halloween cakes are on the shelves at Asda and they have chocolate cinder toffee ones . Didn't get any - waiting for someone to give their verdict.

Maybe we can have a Halloween cyberparty and award each other prizes for the best pumkin lantern ?

21/09/2012 at 15:32

As one of 4 children we were always fed before we went out to eat 

21/09/2012 at 15:43

Good Afternoon Everyone   Food shopping this morning - was very naughty and bought some Yum Yums from Waitrose The weather forecast says we may have a frost tonight - that has put me in a panic - I really must finish the cuttings

I love the Flowers of the Day  One from me

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/lilylouise1/endofsummerflowers014_zps7370e8cb.jpg

Hello Lowenna 

Pam LL x

21/09/2012 at 15:53

As one of four children I am expert at dividing things into quarters.

I am growing my own pumpkin for my pumpkin lantern - will I get extra points for that?

Pam, did you see the news article about the Waitrose tweets? Really made me laugh.

Pre-cake cake - an excellent idea but at the moment I only have one cake!!

21/09/2012 at 16:02

Lottie - no I missed that

When things - like cake- needed sharing - one of the boys would portion it and the others would  choose first

Pam LL x

21/09/2012 at 16:14

I shop at waitrose because...............

...............tescos does not stock unicorn food

...............their swan burgers are good enough for the queen.

...............they have a better class of shoplifter.

Never underestimate the british sense of humour.

21/09/2012 at 16:18

Jo, it was 'mam', the iPad must not have liked it and changed it to man, it's funny like that. I don't always notice that there is gobbledygook in the sentence. I think I will give up posting from the iPad, you can't do the smiley faces or upload the photos. I probably need an ap for that. Being Welsh we always said mam not mum! BTW could you have a small piece as a special treat?

Becks, do you have a bit of Welsh by any chance, my lovely is an expression often used in Wales.

Jean, we could have one party now and then a Halloween party too. As we always have Parkin in Lancashire, us northeners could introduce the southerners to its delights (if they are not familiar with it).

Currently having a break for tea and chocolate digestives. Dripping from leaky guttering on to the window sill outside driving me bananas.