Start a new thread

6,161 to 6,180 of 29,275 replies

Miss Becks

No Glyn, but a bit of Irish. So that should be about right! LOL Saying a phrase from another part of the turf!

Pennine Petal

Kate,  One of my neighbours has Waitrose/Ocado deliveries as we don't have one around here.

Jo, oops didn't think about KL like that. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Jean Genie

Parkin, now there's a thought . Glyn, We could have 3 parties -  Bonfire night coming up as well. Always associate  Parkin with that.

The heating is going on.

We've just been visited by 5 long-tailed tits having a feed on the fat balls. This is a bad sign , the last time we had them in September , we had that really bad winter. They usually start visiting us November time. Hope they are just hungry.

sotongeoff

I have just had a load of notification e-mails timed at 4.26 did it hiccup again?

If you type Kafir Lily onto a BBC forum it throws the word back at you automatically-I wouldn't have thought anyone would take offence here

FloBear

And talking of offending - I may have inadvertently suggested that Lottie is gannet when I suggested pre-cake cake ;- )

My Mum got really good at dividing things into 5 or 7 depending on whether it was just the kids or parents included. Now I'm all grown up I realise she probably did 6 or 8 in her head and gave the bigger ones - especially Dad - a little bit more.

Advertisement

sotongeoff

We were a family of four and if my Mum got ratty she would mix the names up in a rush to tell someone off -so it would be"don't do that Anne, Marion,Helen I meant Helen" all very quickly

kate1123

Ok I am going to have to ask, what is Parkin?

Snap on the emails.

Jean Genie

Geoff , me too. Just had 21 e mails in one go  !

FloBear

Presumably you didn't mind being called Anne, Marion or Helen ;- )

Pottie Pam

Love your flower of the day, Pam. Is it a solanum?

Halloween party is a great idea,Jean.

More tweets :-

I shop at Waitrose because........

I hate poor people

their colour scheme matches my Range Rover.

Jocasta simple WON'T eat any other supermarket's sun-ripened guava.

Clarissa's pony just will not eat ASDA value straw.

Miss Becks

Geoff. My dad always did that!

Pennine Petal

You're right Jean, I was getting confused. Is there anything specific related to Halloween apart from bobbing apples. Good idea, a bonfire party, we could have sparklers.

Geoff, the thing I like best about this thread, is that everything is taken in good spirit and even though most of us have never met, I feel like we care about each other.

Jean Genie

Kate . it's gorgeous. All I can say is it's like a traybake and it has ginger, treacle and spices in it .   Think the name is derived from the saying '' parky'' meaning chilly.

FloBear

Jean, that Parkin sounds like my sort of treat! I must immediately find a recipe. What with that and choccy puffs I'll be expanding rapidly!!

sotongeoff

Flo I was an angel and never did anything wrong-some people never change

I thought parky was a chat show host

Advertisement

Pottie Pam

The Yorkshire Parkin has fine oatmeal in as well, easy to make.

FloBear

Angel! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yes he was, he was attacked by a nemu or was it a menu?

Jean Genie

Sorry Becks, meant to say Hi  Is it just me or are we all being careful in what we're posting today ?  Hope I haven't been the cause of it . Me and my ''ahem'' misunderstanding. Anyway , going to make a statement and hope it doesn't offend.

I've grown a pair ! (Please don't ask me to elaborate !)

Pottie Pam

Where is Inka? She was a bit down the other day.