London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 10°C
21/09/2012 at 20:14
It'll be darker in 94 days...
21/09/2012 at 20:17

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

21/09/2012 at 20:17

I quite like doing that

21/09/2012 at 20:18
Geoff, thanks for responding, now I know that messages are being posted, but for some reason I can't see my own posts. I can see my name in the latest post list, but not the message itself. Any advice pls?
21/09/2012 at 20:20

Glyn-

You have ignored yourself-a common mistake-go to forum settings in your profile and you can correct it-it happens when you accidentally hover over your avatar

If you get stuck come back to me

21/09/2012 at 20:30
Hurray, I'm back. Geoff, I think you should change your name to fount of all knowledge! I didn't even think of that.

BTW - that was mam not nan, although come to think of it, she did it too.

Watched Masterchef, won't say anything in case someone has recorded it.

Still waiting for my mackerel. OH wouldn't cope in a fast food joint!
21/09/2012 at 20:57

I know Glyn- that is why I put nan

21/09/2012 at 21:11

Mackerel and parsley mash eaten, very nice, slow food! Raspberry trifle next!
21/09/2012 at 22:13

Glyn do you ever feel that the contestants make too much progress?  did you see this review?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9548720/Greggs-Table-London-SE1-restaurant-review.html

21/09/2012 at 22:54
Agreed, Kate. I'll give that one a miss the, perhaps he should have stuck to selling vegetables!
21/09/2012 at 23:11

Apparently Matt Dawson worked for 2 months in Nobu whilst he did the show which would explain some of his menu ideas.

21/09/2012 at 23:34
They don't actually tell us over what period it is filmed, so it could be quite a long time.

Just catching up on GW, RHS gardens looking lovely.
22/09/2012 at 07:20

Hooray it is Saturday-the weekend is here and no work

Time for coffee and tv-just going outside-it looks sunny but chilly-soon find out

Laters

22/09/2012 at 07:28
Penninepetal wrote (see)
...catching up on GW, RHS gardens looking lovely.

Harlow Carr was very colourful. But I think the season there is some weeks behind much of the country, and the program was probably filmed some time ago. I know that my crocosmias, which were one of their showiest plants, were over long ago.

I did enjoy cybernetically tasting that cucumber, and the grapes; you should have tasted the grapes.

And Monty's box saga goes on. Felt sorry for the gentleman who has a box-garden. Illustrates why diversity in gardens is so valuable - putting all your eggs in one basket is asking for trouble.

Wall-to-wall blue sky outside at the moment. Might actually do some jobs this morning.

22/09/2012 at 08:20

Good morning all, We have a lovely blue sky here today as well.   Weaned myself off the laptop last night to watch Mrs Biggs - loads of stuff on planner so thought I would catch up . One more to go and then new episode back on through the week.

Also sorted through old  gardening mags - I need to de-clutter but I kept them for a reason even though I can't remember what the reason was. Found a GW one golng back to 2005 and there's more in the loft. Couldn't believe the price of some of the plants in it - really cheap by today's standards.

Beck's,  can't look at that pic of your poor back. Makes me want to have a cold shower and reach for the yoghurt tub.

Who's turn is it for '' Flower of the Day '' ?

22/09/2012 at 08:35

Morning all, lovely day today. Sun's out and looks/feels like it's going to be nice and warm.

There is a cheeky Blackbird trying to eat every berry from the Pyracantha next to the kitchen door. Lovely to watch her . Ok, lots to do today so am off to the shops. "See" you after the weekend, bye.

22/09/2012 at 09:48

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11948.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

Good morning all,

Here's my flower of the day. The trailing begonia plug plants I bought from J***** Plants have been my star performers this year and still going strong.

Lovely day here in Cornwall  but quite chilly. Could have done with gloves on when i let the chickens out and took the dog for a walk. All change tomorrow though. We have to batten our hatches down but I still don't know where mine are!

22/09/2012 at 09:55

pottiepam that is a lovely Begonia.

Sunny here but with a chill in the air.

22/09/2012 at 10:00

I wanted to cancel my house insurance to take up a cheaper option and was put through to a very charming chap called Dan who I could understand for a change. He commented that my name was difficult to spell and said that his name was actually Danesh. He said it meant the God of Communication.

I think Geoff could be our God of Communication.

22/09/2012 at 10:24

Good morning lovelies.

The sun is out!

Jean, although it looked sore, I never felt a thing. I don't sunbathe. It was purely from being in the pool so much with Jess.

Figrat, Garden is coming on fine. I've been working on bordering all the edges of the garden with wood, and the wire is round concrete post, ready for David K to give the all clear to sow my sweet peas to climb up it!