London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
28/09/2012 at 16:00

I'm sure I could take good care of the worms - but at the moment Akela has them and I fear for their safety. Might just drop a few hints about giving them a bit of compost or something.

Kate, Grandad would LOVE to see ladies in speedos!! I'd be worried he'd get too excited though, so perhaps not!

28/09/2012 at 16:00

It was ok -a bit predictable but it will pass a few hours-bit sniffy in places for those of a soppy nature

Flo-there is a certain way to wear a baseball cap-how do you propose to wear yours?

28/09/2012 at 16:01

Shall catch up with goings on later.

Am cross as was all togged up to go outside this morning. Put 1 foot outside back door, literally, & it THREW it down!

OH been told shall be spending practically ALL tomorrow outside. Pleeeeeze let it not rain this evening/tonight/tomorrow so mower can finally come out! J.

28/09/2012 at 16:12

I've got a Wiggly W's composter. I talk to my worms......... well I miss the guinea pigs.

Lottie- any chance that you can get hold of, not them literally, the packet of worms? You could then put them into a bucket or something with some food/compost which they'd like. But thinking about it try mailing WW to be sure.J.

28/09/2012 at 17:50

Will check to make sure the worms are being well looked after. Nothing wrong with chatting to worms, Jo - I chat to plants! Off to do a quick harvest at the plot now, and then home.

28/09/2012 at 19:36

OMG now the people who live behind me have building materials in their garden.

I chat to my worms too

Lottie you may need to get a paramedic when the troupe of belly dancers turn up

28/09/2012 at 19:42
There have been lots of ads in town for Egyptian Dancing classes. Am feeling tempted...
28/09/2012 at 19:44

One of my fellow dancers used to bring her 80 something dad to all our events - he was a real 'belly dance groupie'! Sadly he's passed away now but it gave him quite a lease of life for a few years ;- )

I also talk to my worms.

Figrat, go for it. I ummed and erred for about three years before starting then saw a friend's video where I observed that there was every size, shape and age of woman and they were all having fun.

28/09/2012 at 19:46
Anyone had a peek at Late Flowering Delphiniums thread?
28/09/2012 at 19:47

No. Can't grow them as I'm not rigorous enough at slug patrolling.

28/09/2012 at 19:53

@figrat I think that those of us who have been on the forums for a while know  the horticultural geeks  and listen to their advice, it is odd when we see newbies question you, Alina and Pam.

28/09/2012 at 19:55

Am really, really mad! It's just chucked it down AGAIN! So the poor lawn, well green space, wont get done tomorrow after all.

I have just sat down plus calculator & proved that by NOT doing what our electricity supplier wants us to do, we can save about £40 over 12months. Reverse logic, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Anyway, no doubt if am proved wrong OH will never let me forget it, but t'was his idea to get out all the bills etc. I could have done without having to do it at this time, but ...... I know if OH gets involved it always costs!

Kate- check out any plans at local town hall?

Local paper arrived & our weekly bin collection is becoming 2 weekly, ok can live with that. We do have a food waste set up- it goes in with the garden rubbish if nec. I do sometimes use, but rarely as with being veggie any waste gets composted! The monthly paper or bottle ones are reverting back to 2 weekly instead of monthly- good. That was a problem if you were away for that day & had forgotten to organise with neighbours, particularly with the paper one for us. J.

28/09/2012 at 20:04

Jo -what are you talking about-is this switching plans or suppliers?

Perhaps I have worms-mothers always say that if you kept eating-never understood what she was on about

In Holland there were two girls on a train during one of their conversations of which not one one was understood one said-"OMG"-how can that be?

28/09/2012 at 20:17

No, not switching suppliers, signing up to a capped price. Switching would be too much hassle for me at the mo. OH living away the majority of the time just doesnt think things through. It doesnt impinge on him so why should he worry....  He also just orders stuff to be delivered here & then gets cross when yours truely has a life & is unlikely to be in, or wont wait in either, for his delivery. Ok rant over.

Seriously Geoff if you're still feeling/being rough after the w/end shouldnt you see your GP? Over 3 days & all that.

Ok signing off now. OH snoring in chair -yay- & GW soon on. J.

28/09/2012 at 20:23

Would you expect this to need planning permission? Would you be upset?

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc369/katesflowers/?action=view&current=theshed.jpg

Geoff maybe you do have worms?

28/09/2012 at 20:29

Not a very good start for SCD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19754666

28/09/2012 at 20:41

No, I wouldn't expect it to need permission, Kate, it is relatively small. Yes I would be upset as it's so close.

28/09/2012 at 20:49
Can't really comment Kate, as I live in a conservation area which needs triplicate application forms for even thinking about laying a single breeze block. Have you checked your local council website? Or phoning their planning department?
28/09/2012 at 20:56

No Flo is correct you can have an outbuilding up to 30 sq metres, I think it is the closeness that is bothering me. I hope that when the promised trellis goes up it will return some privacy to my garden.

Rain I did see that but she is with a duffer

28/09/2012 at 21:04

Kate, worth having a look at a website or two that tells you what garden structures need planning per. Max height 2.5m if within 2m of boundary, if I am recalling correctly. If permission had been applied for you, as a person directly affected, would have received notification by letter and invited to comment.