Start a new thread
sotongeoff

You know what I am going too now ???

Jean Genie

Afties,   I've just found out what a wasp's preferred food is - ME!!!  Chased me all round the house , even upstairs . I shooed it out the window eventually. Speaking of the ''C'' word , all the shops are now in fine fettle showing off their wares. Can't believe it's only 12 weeks away. 

I am still on house cleaning duties. How can 2 people make all this mess ? I'm sure we have a lodger somewhere hiding in the house. Wasn't there a film about that ?

Lottiebeans

Hello all! The party went off really well, Grandad had a lovely day with loads of cards including the all important one from Her Maj - with a nice picture of her on it. Loads of family and it was all a bit chaotic but it was lovely to see everyone and catch up.

And I learned something from Grandad - what's a goblet? A little bit of spit! 

Jean Genie

Noooo ! Don't scare me !  It was about someone living in a loft and creeping down when everyone was out. Have to find out now. Jeff Bridges springs to mind. If they can find room in mine good luck to them.

Advertisement

Miss Becks
sotongeoff wrote (see)

You know what I am going too now ???

ha ha ha! What?

Miss Becks

Lottie, so glad the party went well! I thought a goblet was like a posh cup!

kate1123

Lottie pleased to hear that it went well, I always thought that the card from the queen was a myth did you have to request it?

Geoff what are you going to do now?

Jean I am sure that I have seen that recently in a crime drama, the murderer lived in the attic but used the facilities during the day.

sotongeoff

For children everywhere

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/36263_146716982044244_1000011782886.jpg

FloBear

I am ignoring the C******** thing until the start of Advent - so there! Apart from the fact that I have to start practising C******** carols on the piano now or I have no hope of staggering through them even halfway correctly when the time comes. And that's the 'Easy Piano' book :- (

Lottie, glad to hear the party was a great success. :- D for grandad's goblet comment.

Miss Becks

Oh good Lord Flo! Not another one! You of all of us have surprised me! Seriously, why are you all so anti- Christmas?

sotongeoff

Becks -simples -you have young kids-I have done all that

kate1123

Jean what about Hider in the House, stars Gary Busey who looks a bit like Jeff Bridges?

Flo where do you play the piano?

Miss Becks

No, no, no, no no. My eldest 2 live with their Dad. I only see them for a couple of hours Christmas Day, and Jess is only 3. I've been on my own over Christmas for years, but still love it! And I still will when they are much older.  Don't you get a teeny weeny bit excited?

Advertisement

sotongeoff

Dont really hate it- just not that keen anymore-have jetted away the last few years but it is "stay at home" this year

Do hate New year's Eve though

Mr Meldrew Southampton

sotongeoff

I know -feel like right party-pooper now

Jean Genie

Lottie - glad the party went well.   Love the goblet thing  Flo, I used to play the piano in the ''olden days '' ! I could play the Blue Danube off by heart. Don't know about now though, haven't touched a piano in years.

Becks, we do ''C'' every year - they all come to us . Have done for years . All my lot grown up now but re-live it all with the grandkids !  I just don't like the commercial side to it.

Kate, that could possibly be the film - I know it's an old one.

I hope there are no small chidren around,  Geoff,

Wonder how Hollie's getting on ?

FloBear

Becks, like Geoff, I'm not really 'anti' but I don't have the opportunity to be around children so it's not the fun it used to be. The thing I hate is the long run-up time and wallpaper 'Xmas Muzik 'in shops etc, I can't stay interested and excited for 12 weeks!!

Kate, I only play the piano in the dining room! I occasionally inflict a short performance on OH or a visiting family member. And I noticed just now that it's a REALLY easy paino book. Jean, I think it's like riding a bike - or maybe that's where I'm going wrong ;- )