Start a new thread

7,241 to 7,260 of 29,275 replies

sotongeoff

caroline -

this discussion is open to all and sundry-it might seem as though we are a little club but are welcoming bunch to anyone who wants to join in-so feel free to nose in as often as you like.

Miss Becks

And Caroline, Geoff is the nosiest of us all. I'm surprised he hasn't just grilled you!!

But we love him!

Miss Becks

Now, are you embarrassed about being nosey, or being loved?

sotongeoff

Being loved-I don't have many friends and lead a sad and lonely life

Advertisement

Caz W

Thanks guys - I've only been "eavesdropping"  in here for a couple of days but you all sound so much fun. Don't feel so guilty now

kate1123

Welcome caroline, we like a little amusement in our day and for that we have Geoff and for night time amusement we have Becks

I have been watching TGBBO and do not have any cakes in the house

Arsenal and Man City are both drawing, I know that you were all curious.

Miss Becks

I always was the class clown at school!

I think I saw 'Goodfellas' advertised for tonight. Will have a mooch when little madam is settled.

kate1123

Goodfellas ITV4 10pm or on +1 at 11pm.

Inkadog

Welcome, Caroline--I am on the other, sheltered side of Vancouver Island--a small island halfway between Vancouver and Victoria. The ferries go by my front door--so you may have seen my house on the right, heading south. Tofino and Clayoquat Sound are beautiful--much more wild and rugged than here.

Microwaving soil is not really very smelly--I leave out the fresh manure! Wouldn't want to do it in the house, though! My garden shed is well ventilated. I always have 2 fans going in the attached greenhouse, and leave the doors open.

Miss Becks

Thought I'd seen it. Thanks Kate.

Caz W

Do I spot a few fellow cakeaholics here?

Just been reading in the Daily Mail “Simon Cowell treats himself to sheep placenta facials in a bid to look younger than his years - that's unbaaalievable!”  Think I'd prefer to look my age

Miss Becks

Cake is always welcome Caroline! As is chocolate!

hollie hock

Evening everyone- just been outside- heard the owls hunting (lovely noise) shed cat is out and about, I'm sure she's doing the same.

Have to ask-what is TGBBO? Don't know of this. Need to get on with spring bulb planting so hopefully it will stop paining soon. Although unlike me I have already planted 100 wilko crocus bulbs a few weeks ago.......but you can never have too many and time marches on.

Is strictly starting this weekend?

Miss Becks

I think it's The Great British Bake Off Hollie, or something like that.

Advertisement

kate1123

HH-Strictly starts on Friday.

The Great British Bake Off is a baking competition, the competitors are old school bakers but they have quite a few accidents, someone droppped a couple of cakes last week, but it is a bit of fantasy cooking, who is ever going to spend 4 hours making a tart.

hollie hock

Ah- I have heard of it, Kate- not me, I don't even have a proper cooker

its it me of has the weeks from the last show when they introduced the so called celebs with their partners flown by? I do enjoy the show but hopefully we will have some proper dancing this year- that means that  it takes two is going to be on- now I do watch that every evening

kate1123

HH I want less gimmicks and I hope DB will give more technical criticisms. Time flies when you are having fun.

FloBear
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

Cake is always welcome Caroline! As is chocolate!

As are unbaalievably awful puns, Caroline ;- )

Nola
Evening all! Been a busy few days again-just for a change (not)! The posts and jokes have made me chuckle. Swans in pants? Surely they would prefer
a sw-onesie?

Looking forward to Strictly this weekend. The posts on here remind me that
I always seem to miss The GB Bake Off. I see the odd one and need to remember to record it.

Another rainy day here, some brighter spells with lighter drizzle in amongst really heavy showers.