London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
04/10/2012 at 16:19

One tries Caroline

Kate it was a stand-up-was I supposed to store it?

I've just remembered we are are off to see Kevin Bridges later this month

04/10/2012 at 16:31

Peace shattered. Jess is home.

Yes Geoff, we needed it for a wee test.

Catch you all later!

04/10/2012 at 16:49

Poor old Roy Hodgson he was just being friendly 

Geoff how you store it is up to you, I cannot imagine Mrs Geoff would let you near the fridge though

04/10/2012 at 16:52
Very educational posts today.
Dean I rely on the guinea pig waste as a compost activator at my house!

Becks- I know what you mean about Yvette Fielding!

Sunshine here for a change but didn't get out apart from cleaning out guinea pigs!

Hello to Caroline

Had to scrape frost off the back windscreen this morning
Will have to start thinking about bringing the lemon tree in.
04/10/2012 at 17:05

Ooh Nola, guinea pigs! I still miss ours. Talking to the wormery just isnt the same.

Have occasionally watched those ghost progs, but dont see why they dont exist. Lots of unexplained happenings out there. YF- least said the better!

Have been really busy & productive out there today. Good, as next few days got a lot going on & even if weather decent (ha) no free time until next Wed I think. Still to do my bulb pots, but at least I can now do on a wet day in the greenhouse. Have abandoned any idea of doing a lawn cut, but must sometime do a leyland hedge trim-oops.

Kate- must look for some wallflowers on the market on sat. J.

04/10/2012 at 17:18

Hi everyone.

The last few peppers and chillies Greenhouse all clean and ready to be bedded down for the winter. Had a couple of good days in the garden as weather has been lovely. Not so good fore casted for tomorrow so will catch up on indoor jobs.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/12266.jpg?width=273&height=350&mode=max

Just catching up with your posts about pee and compost. I saw that programme last night, didn't know urine could be so interesting, annuals on compost heap, must get OH to "activate" it before tea.

Tea tonight is Chicken Korma a la Loyd Grosman.

Like the idea of C smilies, do you think Daniel will be able to oblige.

Hello to all our new forkers.

Have had to use spell checker a lot tonight, no control over my fingers, must need cake

ChrisX

04/10/2012 at 17:26

Kate- you should never talk to strangers on a train -has Woy not seen the film?

Nola-noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo- not frost on cars

Chris -have asked about smileys but might need some back up-nice looking peppers

Appetite meltdown again-might be omelette

04/10/2012 at 17:32

Jo, perhaps they said male pee because of the ease of delivery as opposed to us ladies - however I now have a 'she-wee'!!

Gary thanks for the science, I will never flush it again now - its a precious commodity!! Wonder if I can persuade OH to take part in an experiment??

Tonight at Cubs we will actually get to put the worms in the wormeries - however I'm not sure how many will survive!! Spare ones will be going into my dalek composter where I'm sure they will be very happy! We are also growing peas and beans in plastic bags - science experiment. Waste of good seed if you ask me!

04/10/2012 at 17:33

Love the photos of the peppers--have never had much luck with them. In season, I buy them and freeze them. Here they are a hothouse crop. Mostly the ones in stores come from California. Food supply is worrisome---first the pork shortage, now closure of a meat-packing plant in Alberta has half the beef supply in this province suspect. So I expect I will be eating even more chicken and fish. At least my supply of that is local! It always surprises me how vulnerable the food supply is--especially on a small island.

04/10/2012 at 17:42

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/12281.jpg?width=720&height=350&mode=max

Hope you don't take offence Becks, but it made me laugh!

Very envious of everyone's spectacular pepper and chili crops, I have 3 green ones in total on 4 plants. When do you successful growers start yours off?

04/10/2012 at 17:56

A few hours spent out back! Tidying n putting to bed!

Think I have just about caught up!

Welcome Caroline!

Nice veg n chillies Pam n Chris!

Lottie - Did M25 last September for the first time whilst doing some training in Crawley! Nightmare! Especially trying to get home on a Friday afternoon! 

Geoff - You just crack me up! 

Gary - you scare me with wanting to be so Educational! My Dad was an headteacher! Maybe that is where it stem's from! 

That said! a few beers n bed! Enjoy ya evening all!

04/10/2012 at 18:04
Good evening all, just finishing up in the office after another manic day of trying to sort out timetable problems for students. Did you know it is National Customer Service Week? I sent my students off around town to spot some good customer service and he emailed me a photo of me talking to three students in the office and said it was the best customer service he had experienced all week. It made me feel a whole lot better.

Welcome Caroline, we love a newbie! Just be warned you will end up as Barry as we are. am I allowed to say barmy for is it non-PC?

OH tells me broadband back on!
04/10/2012 at 18:43

Glyn that student will go far

Chris lovely peppers.

Lottie I have been having sleepness night about the worms.

figrat 

04/10/2012 at 19:11

Am back from omelette land

Barry/barmy all means the same thing-I like the cut of the jib of that student

Now tonight- there are three good programmes on at 9-where would we be without recorders and plus1?

04/10/2012 at 19:19

Geoff it is so annoying, nothing on at 8pm and then a flurry of programmes at 9pm, did they ever finish showing the Good Cop? Was the omlette tasty?

04/10/2012 at 19:23

Good Cop is supposed to be on 13th October-I didn't see the first ones

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00szy7c

It was ok but I still feel funny peculiar

04/10/2012 at 19:33
04/10/2012 at 19:46

I was just curious as they postponed it but I never saw it return.

Does everyone have a dark secret?

04/10/2012 at 20:04

Figrat! Not offended one bit!

Chris, nice peppers! Mine are both about 1 inch big at the moment. I'm not planning a menu around them.

Nola? Frost? No, no, no. Way too early.

04/10/2012 at 20:08

Today's paper mentions JS and Gary Glitter and one other as yet unnamed star in a room.