London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 15°C
06/10/2012 at 11:12

Morning Jean. Hope you're feeling better soon. Stock up on cake!

Geoff, no.3pm can't come quick enough.

06/10/2012 at 11:22
Hot Ribena and chocolate required Jean. Freshers flu doing the rounds in work, hope it doesn't catch up with me.

Becks, do kids still play pass the parcel?
Glyn
06/10/2012 at 11:27

Glyn. I have no idea! This is beng held in a community hall, so I suspect the Mom has organised proper entertainment. The twins who's party it is are VERY boisterous. I can't imagine them sitting still long enough to pass anything!

06/10/2012 at 11:29

Oh poor Jean-would you like one of my pills?

This sounds like musical chairs is the game of choice-wiil not comment on passing anything

06/10/2012 at 11:34

I'm sure Jess will have a great time Becks, Don't forget to post a photo !

Glyn, Got loads of lemon juice , chocolate and cake  What more does a girl need . Got out of shopping too - hubby went.

06/10/2012 at 12:53
Jean-hope you feel better soon. Like Glyn says-hot Ribena, I also like hot Vimto too!

Dean, what a pain about your shed and plot. It's awful! Happened to mine/ my Mum's plot, we don't leave anything of value in the shed but they even pinched a cheap rake/ spade we kept down there to save lugging tools every time. Our plot has just been under about 3 feet of water will the recent floods so it isn't looking it's best.

The party will be underway, hope Jess is having a good time!

I am having a quick coffee and biscuit break. I am waging war on my large border. Some of it needs some serious taming/ overhaul!
06/10/2012 at 13:23

Feel hungry now

I have been up on the roof again trying to solve the drip mystery-have now come up with solution/cure number 47 in a endless series

Lunch-time

06/10/2012 at 13:38

Nola - I don't think theives are fussy these days. They will pinch just about everything.Our lawn badly needs a trim but ground is far too wet to even attempt it but nowhere near as bad as yours. Hope it drains off soon.

Geoff, would you not consider calling someone in to fix the leak?. Save you climbing up on roof.

Need more tea-bags - drinking more than a camel. Think I may have man flu- don't want to leave the couch.

06/10/2012 at 13:40

Bad spelling mistake there - I'm blaming the cold.

06/10/2012 at 14:14

Oh Jean that is not good news, take it easy.

I can almost hear Becks tearing her hair out

Geoff Man City are already 2-0 up, I think Saints are playing tomorrow.

I have planted up some winter containers and replanted my house leeks as they have sunk

06/10/2012 at 14:35

Just popped in to catch up. Broadband has been down until now.

Sorry to hear of your lurgy Jean. I like the sound of the cures, though.

Becks, boisterous littlies parties bring back memories of when my 13 year old self and 11 year old sister had sole charge of the entertainment at the party of our youngest sisters - twins, then aged 5. Survived it somehow - though children mostly did sit still long enough for Pass the Parcel in those days! 

Geoff, GET DOWN OFF THAT ROOF!! You know what happened to Nigel Pargeter**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43IM3vsXOts

** (Archers ref. for anyone confused)

06/10/2012 at 15:17

That may need explaining to some of our listeners Flo-Gary is not sure what radio is

Jean -I am a chap-getting another chap to do what a chap does is not an option

I have put the garden furniture away

We may need to send the pigeon in on a rescue mission for Becks

06/10/2012 at 15:27

Well, that was the tamest kids party I have ever been to! I was pleasantly surprised. And an added bonus. It finished at 2pm, not 3pm as it said on the invite. Now to relax!!

Jean, few piccies of Jess aka The Little Mermaid, as promised.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/14757.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/14758.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/14759.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

Hope you're all having a great day! x

06/10/2012 at 15:31

How do you know it would be a chap ? It could be a chappesse !

I have done zilch today - annoyed with myself as it's a lovely sunny day but feel a bit cxxp. However, we have a frost alert tonight.

Hope Becks posts a pic.

Police making press conference in 15 mins .

06/10/2012 at 15:31

Becks she looks lovely

Geoff surely you should have sorted this leak by now

06/10/2012 at 15:34

Good Afternoon Everyone

Sorry to hear about the damage  on your allotment Dean

I hope you feel better soon Jean

Jess looks gorgeous

We have planted 25kg of asstd. daffodils and 200 wallfowers in the front garden today

Ham salad for tea and I am just about to make an Apple and Date slice - recipe from my latest good food magazine

Pam LL x

Robinia frisia pseudo acacia - I think

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/lilylouise1/apples005.jpg

06/10/2012 at 15:37

Becks , you beat me to the post ! She looks lovely. Bet she had a ball - great pics.

Nice chill for Mum now.

06/10/2012 at 15:45

Pam do you colour coordinate your wallflowers or take pot luck? Nice photo

06/10/2012 at 15:45

I have a point of order here-Superman is not a Disney Character

Lovely pic Becks

All leaks are work in progress-it only leaks when it rains-is not leaking now

Pam-you put me to shame

06/10/2012 at 15:51

Geoff, well spotted you can be the CRH of childrens fancy dress parties, can you imagine the uproar when you sent him home