London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
11/10/2012 at 11:01

Hey there. Can I join in? It's just taken me half an hour to find the last message! I'm sure one of you will now tell me the easy way to do it.

I'll start by apologising - last Christmas - I know that word again - I asked Santa for a rain gauge as I was fed up of visitors arriving and not believing that we had no rain. Now my gauge is full every day. Sadly - too wet to garden mostly- I record the rain. in the last 24 hours we have had 3.5mm and a dead worm! Lots more to come. Rain that is. One of reasons we bought this house was because of the view - Hills are the y still there? 

Sorry this is not what you were all talking about

11/10/2012 at 11:14

Hello bjay,

If you click on 'view first unread message' it should get you there but if you haven't posted recently perhaps you wouldn't see that message.

I don't think we are supposed to mention the C******* word but maybe the powers that be will let you off this time.

11/10/2012 at 11:16

Hello bjay, please join in! The more the merrier!

Geoff - well done but there's no need to get carried away!

Jean - full marks, toffee apple on its way cyberetically.

Kate - copying not allowed, am glad you decided against it. However you have failed to enter so I'm afraid no toffee apple for you.

Pam, good effort but maybe a little more revision needed? A consolation windmill for you. 

11/10/2012 at 11:19
bjay wrote (see)

Hey there. Can I join in? It's just taken me half an hour to find the last message! I'm sure one of you will now tell me the easy way to do it.

I'll start by apologising - last Christmas - I know that word again - I asked Santa for a rain gauge as I was fed up of visitors arriving and not believing that we had no rain. Now my gauge is full every day. Sadly - too wet to garden mostly- I record the rain. in the last 24 hours we have had 3.5mm and a dead worm! Lots more to come. Rain that is. One of reasons we bought this house was because of the view - Hills are the y still there? 

Sorry this is not what you were all talking about

Of course you can join in-you can change the settings in your profile to go to the last page than the first-look at forum settings.

Here is your welcome pack

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/welcome-pack-2.gif

11/10/2012 at 11:25

Thanks for welcome pack

Thanks the pack is really helpful especailly thetoilet code! Where's that loo though? 

11/10/2012 at 11:25

Good Morning Everyone

It is absolutely tipping it down

I am going to make another dent in the ironing mountain  Please can I ask what make of iron you have?

A bit of sunshine for a rainy day

Pam LL x

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/lilylouise1/sunflowervase013.jpg

11/10/2012 at 11:26

Come on class, pull yourselves together,.

Welcome bjay, you don't have to be mad but it does help as you will soon find out if you hang around. It doesn't matter what you talk about, the conversation goes off at a tangent, so don't worry, you will be guaranteed a laugh.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/14864.jpg?width=350

Belle Epoch bush rose, still more to come.

I've just had a stroll round the garden and taken a few more pics.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/14863.jpg?width=350

Tryphlla fuchsia, Coralle I think.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/14865.jpg?width=350

View across the gravel garden. OH is tackling the hedge as I write, We have brambles 12ft long coming over from the old orchard, the owner doen't do anything to it, so we have to go round and chop it back. A quiet word is needed in his shell-like

Love the sunflowers Pam. a real ray of sunshine, thanks

Now be good, I'll be back later to check you have

11/10/2012 at 11:30

bjay welcome, I thought that I was responsible for the rain as I bought an irrigation kit when they announced the hosepipe ban.

Lovely photos

11/10/2012 at 11:38

Nice pics again

I have been offered a subscription to Saga magazine

11/10/2012 at 11:41

What are they trying to say Geoff?.

We get allsorts of promotional leaflets, wheel chairs, stair lifts, commodes, anyone would think we were old

11/10/2012 at 11:48

But free prescriptions are good- so not all bad -and bus passes

11/10/2012 at 11:51

Welcome bjay  ~ ~ ~  (Flo waves)
Had a look at your profile - what a busy bee j  you have been!! Hope we get to see some pics of your efforts.

As others have said, the chat here is very free-ranging, go away for an hour or two, as I did, and you have no idea what's going on and you've missed the toffee apples because the class swots have handed their homework in days before the deadline

PS Beware Geoff's terms and conditions and never, ever, on any account give out your pin number ;- )

11/10/2012 at 12:01

Morning lovelies!

Wasn't in a chatty mood yesterday for some reason. Just caught up on the gossip around the country.

Rainy here.

Geoff, no, the police never came back. The parents arrived back from hols late last night. All is very quiet today.

Pam, I use a steam generator. Quite pricey, unless you find a bargain on ebay like me, but boy, do they cut down the time/hard work. It's a Morphy Richards Jet Steam. Would never go back to a 'standard' iron now.

11/10/2012 at 12:03

Flo, competition is still open - you can always add some original answers to be in with a chance of a prize!

Pam, sorry can't remember what make of iron I have! Am sure Jo knows what hers is though!!!

11/10/2012 at 12:11
bjay wrote (see)

Hello bjay,

Here's a quick way:

The URL address box in this forum has the current page number within the text. This is normally the only part of the address which changes with each page. I did not know the page number of the last message, so I simply overtyped the last message number onto the page number (that I was on at the time). When the new page opened, I saw your message at the top, hence my reply. Incidentally, when the page loaded, I noticed that the "7909" which I had entered, had changed itself to "396" which is the last page (as of now).

It would be useful if the GW forums had an option to go straight to the last page, as is the case with most forums (or should I say fora?).

11/10/2012 at 12:14
Andzik wrote (see)
bjay wrote (see)

Hello bjay,

Here's a quick way:

The URL address box in this forum has the current page number within the text. This is normally the only part of the address which changes with each page. I did not know the page number of the last message, so I simply overtyped the last message number onto the page number (that I was on at the time). When the new page opened, I saw your message at the top, hence my reply. Incidentally, when the page loaded, I noticed that the "7909" which I had entered, had changed itself to "396" which is the last page (as of now).

It would be useful if the GW forums had an option to go straight to the last page, as is the case with most forums (or should I say fora?).

It does-you can change it in "your settings" from the default setting

11/10/2012 at 12:18

Oh thanks Lottie. The temptation to sit here instead of getting on with household chores is now very great !

11/10/2012 at 12:21

Pam and Chris - lovely photos. As I mentioned I must try and plan for autumn colour next year. Hi Bjay

Wonder where Becks is ? Wanted to find out the latest installment on The Bill.

Watching another conspiracy theory about the moon landing . Is there nothing sacred 

11/10/2012 at 12:21
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

Morning lovelies!

Wasn't in a chatty mood yesterday for some reason. Just caught up on the gossip around the country.

Rainy here.

Geoff, no, the police never came back. The parents arrived back from hols late last night. All is very quiet today.

Pam, I use a steam generator. Quite pricey, unless you find a bargain on ebay like me, but boy, do they cut down the time/hard work. It's a Morphy Richards Jet Steam. Would never go back to a 'standard' iron now.

Thanks Becks  The reason I am asking is that I need to buy a new iron

Lovely pics lovetogarden

Pam LL x

11/10/2012 at 12:23

Pam I have a Morphy Richards iron, it was great when I bought it but just seems OK now.