London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
12/10/2012 at 18:39

Yes kate, I said to him 'You're not sending that pile to me are you?' and he said no, it will be re-picked. Cause I can count on their every word!!

12/10/2012 at 18:42

Inka! Hallelujah! Lovely wet stuff - the smell, as you say, is divine.

Becks, are you thinking of changing to a different supermarket? I suppose not as they're keeping you tied in with sorry vouchers.

Bjay, I'm curious about your doggy avatar. Apols if you have told us and I missed it. I have two Westie girls, one 14 years, one 16 months and a Shih Tzu boy (or possibly cat crossed with monkey) aged 2.

12/10/2012 at 18:43

Hi all, as planned I made it outside today. I needed to save my sanity! (what's left of it anyway)

The boiler/shower saga gets worse, in my book, as we're now getting a new bath as well........... DONT ask! (I had actually considered this) So tomorrow off to supermarket then a nearby retail park to get some imperial sized tiles, I think, but then could be the new metric size- as you can see have lost the plot somewhat. Redecorating etc etc to follow...... Murder may yet be committed!

Anyway at least all the bulbs, bar tulips & some crocus, have been planted out & covered if nec. Also found hanging in garage a bag of last yrs bulbs, from when I emptied the big pots this Spring. They have also been planted back out. Even managed to listen to GQT without being interupted.

We've had poached salmon for meal. Hairdresser coming for daughter & OH in a bit. Shall peruse posts when I can. J.

12/10/2012 at 18:52

Flo, I was saying to Geoff, or Kate, can't remember, this is the first mess up I've had with them really, and I use them every week, so although damn inconvienient, I will forgive them just this once.

Glad you got your bulbs in jo. I'm intending to do mine tommorrow.

12/10/2012 at 18:59

Becks-my opinion is that you have been let down badly--have stayed in for 2 days have had broken promises and now despite behind told it was coming today is still sat in a warehouse-I would plug for more compensation-at least this shop for free.

The chicken pie was tasty, tasty, very, very, tasty.

12/10/2012 at 19:02

Who will be watching the footy tonight???

12/10/2012 at 19:07

Wont be watching -will be peeking-

useless fact- the population of San Marino would need to treble to fill Wembley Stadium

12/10/2012 at 19:10

What else is there to watch?

12/10/2012 at 19:12

Fairy Nough Becks. They need to compensate you big time, though.

Kate - I won't be watching footy. The last time I watched it on purpose was when So'ton won that cup thing - and I even predicted the correct final score!

12/10/2012 at 19:13

HIGNFY and something that might be funny but probably wont be

OH likes Eastenders-someone has to

12/10/2012 at 19:15

I've got things recorded and there's GW. And I bought a DVD of Casanova with David Tennant and Peter O Toole in which I haven't started watching yet.

12/10/2012 at 19:22

Hi All!

Quick nosey in!

Inka!-At last!!! n may it rain for day's!!!!!!!!! You very much need it!!! 

Beck's!-The inconvienience goes on! Would never shop on line! Not for groceries anyway!  (I have the need to see n feel) No pun intended!

Nice Pictures all!

But need to say! Thank god it is Friday!

12/10/2012 at 19:23

Not me either Kate. TV's not even on!

Dean!! You will be thrown out the store for that behaviour!!

12/10/2012 at 19:37

Flo-that might have scenes of an adult nature-did David Tennant bring his tardis?

It has rained today-and there is no sign of the leak-I will not hold my breath yet or fix the ceiling yet either-have got used to the hole now

12/10/2012 at 19:40

ASDA been trying to send this. Don't know if I can now. You really have something to bargain with now. Phone the area manager whether you get satisfaction or not. What deal can he do. Get firm, aggressive BUT always polite. Make sure that management above the ne store know your feelings, how you have been messed about. Play the child no food angle. Go to it Girl. Demand satisfaction plus. 

Just left foody room - footy on

I haven't put anything on abut my avatar. Meet Oscar, my lovely Spollie, age 12 years still too full of fun for his own good. Also about is Inkie, white cat with the odd splash of black and adopted cat Sophie, one eyed, fluffy spoilt by previous owner (my mother)  and a real blot in the family make-up

12/10/2012 at 19:47

I hope no-one is oirish or easily offended if they are ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I cleaned it up a tad~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Irishmen walk into a pet shop   Two Irishmen walk into a pet shop. Right away they go over to the bird section. Gerry says to Paddy, "Dat's dem". The clerk comes over and asks if he can help them. "Yeah, we'll take four of dem dere birds in dat cage op dere," says Gerry, "Put dem in a peeper bag." The clerk does and the two guys pay for the birds and leave the shop.

They get into Gerry's van and drive until they are high up in the hills and stop at the top of a cliff with a 500-foot drop. "Dis looks loike a grand place, eh?" says Gerry.

"Oh, yeh, dis looks good," replies Paddy.

They flip a coin and Gerry wins the toss. "I guess I git to go first, eh Paddy?" says Gerry. He then takes two birds out of the bag, places them on his shoulders and jumps off the cliff. Paddy watches as his mate drops off the edge and goes straight down for a few seconds followed by a 'SPLAT'.

As Paddy looks over the edge of the cliff he shakes his head and says, "Blow dat, dis budgie jumpin' is too  dangerous for me"

PART TWO

A minute later, Seamus arrives. He too has been to the pet shop and he walks up carrying the familiar 'peeper bag'. He pulls a parrot out of the bag, and then Paddy notices that, in his other hand, Seamus is carrying a gun.

"Hi Paddy. Watch this," Seamus says and launches himself over the edge of the cliff. Paddy watches as half way down, Seamus takes the gun and blows the parrot's head off. Seamus continues to plummet until there is a SPLAT!, as he joins Gerry's remains at the bottom.

Paddy shakes his head and says, "An' oim never troyin' dat parrotshooting nider"

PART THREE

A few minutes after Seamus splats him self Sean strolls up. He too has been to the pet shop and he walks up carrying the familiar 'peeper bag'.

Instead of a parrot he pulls a chicken out of the bag, and launches himself off the cliff with the usual result.

Once more Paddy shakes his head - "Bugger me Sean, first der was Gerry wit his budgie jumping, den Seamus parrot shooting and now yous blimmin' hen gliding"

12/10/2012 at 19:49

Becks 

12/10/2012 at 19:58

Hi all - something very strange has happened to me ... I've been stuck on page 400 for the past few days!  At last I've managed to reach you and it was worth the wait for that joke Geoff

12/10/2012 at 20:01

Curry order going in Guy's! anybody want ought! 

12/10/2012 at 20:04

Caroline !!-where have you been?

Dean -I've eaten thanks but parts of Cannock Chase are starving