London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
18/10/2012 at 13:52

I used to like that!! Or perhaps Will should be Toni?

Glad the hospital didn't keep you in jean. Bet they were tempted.

18/10/2012 at 13:53

Afternoon everyone - hope you're all well.  Leaf pile very impressive now - saw non-gardening neighbour sweeping/raking leaves and made out I was doing him a big favour when I told him he could dump the leaves in my leaf pile.

Apple, cinammon and walnut cake just out of oven will send some to cyberlockers when cool.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15049.jpg?width=336&height=350&mode=max

hen cooled

18/10/2012 at 13:57

Yum, Yum. Now that will cheer me up.

Still feel bit down and only found one lily beetle to slaughter before pain came

18/10/2012 at 14:00

Very nice Caroline! Will check locker later!

18/10/2012 at 14:03

Caroline

Right -having lightened the mood-slightly- did anyone read about the blind man who got tasered for carrying a white stick-the police for it was a sword-there had been reports of someone seen carrying a sword-he wants the policeman charged with manslaughter-there seems to be a slight flaw in the argument?

18/10/2012 at 14:05

just read to OH bit in What to do now that says mow lawns when the weather isdry. Comment if he'd waited for that lawns would not have been done this year!!

18/10/2012 at 14:06

Geoff - the unleavened bread sounds very economical !

BJ hope we can all take your mind of things for a while (providing Paper Woses doesn't drive you mad). 

18/10/2012 at 14:09

Becks, if they knew what I got up to on here they probally would !  Me, and a few other likely candidates.

Caroline, my cyber - locker is awaiting goodies.  I see you have the same brownie tin as me.

Geoff, yes. It was on our local news last night. They interviewed the guy and last I saw of him he was alive and kicking  Chorley is not far from where we live. And they make cakes.

18/10/2012 at 14:10

Geoff- it's ME who does all the filling up of such things! Seriously I must've been a manic screen washer in my past cars, as found was constanly out of fluid with this one. Since all I could see was the tube- top to bottom of engine- I just assumed that no bottle! Now always carry a filled bottle of diluted stuff in boot- even in summer with squashed insects you can get a dirty windscreen, which I obviously hate!

Am eating again- yoghurt with satsuma & raisins & honey. Cold so so & back holding up, but am going to take some more tablets now, just in case & whilst stomach full again!

Have nearly wrapped all the pots that need protecting & used polystyrene sheets in the little cold frame as insulation. Being organised,, have even cut to size the pieces shall need for the remaining dahlia pot & chocolate cosmos pot, so once they're frosted can bring under cover & wrap & store!

Need to wrap a couple of terracotta pots that have herbaceous in them- heucheras, HNiger etc, but am doing quite well all things considered. Need to investigate the roots of a 'no show' HNiger. Pretty certain it was the slugs that did for it, but want to check in case VW got at the roots.

Phew, just got 2cnd wheely bin out in time. It's the bottle one & only collected once a month at the mo. T'was dark when arrived back last night, so just got the usual one out, as they can come quite early sometimes & I wanted a sleep in this morning! Only noticed just now when got car out that everyone else got their brown bins out as well. Good job I decided to move car- am collecting daughter from airport this evening- otherwise would have missed collection.

Right, paracetamol now & back out. J.

18/10/2012 at 14:13

Jean- I have worked in Chorley for many yrs, sadly no longer. I actually prefer Eccles cakes, sorry.....

Am really going back out now. J.

18/10/2012 at 14:15

Jean it is one of those stupid stories that you only hear one side of-when he was asked why he didn't stop he said he thought the police were muggers

The tube to nowhere- sounds like song

18/10/2012 at 14:20

Jo- don't like either . They remind me of dead flies ! 

Geoff - the other weird story was about the giant eye that was washed up  Scientists were baffled and then they discovered it had belonged to a swordfish.

Right off house -hunting again. catch you all later.

18/10/2012 at 14:23

Jean - also got a loaf tin the same way

18/10/2012 at 14:45

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15053.png?width=401&height=312&mode=max

18/10/2012 at 14:56

Caroline-now that I like-it should be our slogan

18/10/2012 at 14:59

caroline! I saw one yesterday very similar with Santa, but it involved the 'F' word. You would have appreciated it Geoff. I nearly Private messaged it you, but didn't want to offend.

18/10/2012 at 15:02

I am not easily offended-all communications from the outside world happily received

I did have a comment about fruit shopping but didn't want to offend either

18/10/2012 at 15:05

I sent it you.

18/10/2012 at 15:08

18/10/2012 at 15:11

Looking through summer photos and found these of lily Night Flyer. Nothing to do with current thread but stil....

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15055.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15056.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

Aaaah Summer!