19/10/2012 at 11:38

Becks -it that looks so tasty-can you make me one-other spreads are available but I am sure Clover are happy for the endorsement

Don't forget Gary that Pam also lives in the big cat sighting area- there are a lot of strange goings and phenononomons down there

There are a lot of people late on the register ths morning

19/10/2012 at 11:43
Phenomena.
Just about to start on next phase of quince marathon. All fruit's been chopped up and cooked till soft, and strained in jelly bag overnight, now have to sieve the pulp.
But I might do a bit of gardening first.
19/10/2012 at 11:48

Of course Geoff! Check your locker!

Apparently, the lettuce was 'yacky' and is only meant for Mommies! The sandwich was stripped of all greenery, and just the ham and tomatoes was eaten. I give up.

I've never tasted quince. What's it like?

19/10/2012 at 11:57

Don't give her any dinner tonight-I was also always told to eat my greens and that people were starving in Africa-do moms still say these things?

19/10/2012 at 12:03

Oh yes, absolutely! She gets the 'children worse off than you' lecture regular. We also have a secret spy camera in the corner of the room that Father Christmas/EasterBunny that can see her every move!

19/10/2012 at 12:05

Cornwall was Celtic. There's the castle at Tintagel, and St Michael's Mount, with Merlin and King Arthur. Some say that Dozmary Pool, on Bodmin Moor, is the lake into which King Arthur threw Excalibur.

And there's the Museum of Witchcraft at Boscastle, with the world's largest collection of witchcraft memorabilia. A lot of witches live in the area.

19/10/2012 at 12:06
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

,,,that Father *******

Norty!

19/10/2012 at 12:09

I was just saying.

Pendle Hill has a good witch history.

19/10/2012 at 12:17

You can have that one for free

Have just heard that the chap that tried to disrupt the boat race by jumping in the water has got 6 months-well that is his C******* sorted then

19/10/2012 at 12:26

There's a lot of well-documented stuff from witch trials connected with Pendle. I don't know that much about the details. Pendle Hill was on the BBC TV news quite recently, a very old stone cottage there was being excavated. But the cottage was not terribly convincing. Cornwall remains the more romantic and mysterious location.

Trust that the 6 months sentence for boat-race man will be spent inside, along with Bates, and not suspended. Bates is on the cover of this week's Radio Times. A very grim and sinister looking photo.

19/10/2012 at 13:12

Aah, peace and quiet for 3 hours. Heaven. Bugger. Forgot to post my DVD's back to LoveFilm. Must remember later.

Do rhubarb plants need much sun?

19/10/2012 at 13:17

Have you sown your seeds?

19/10/2012 at 13:24

Don't laugh. I did one, as a tester,  at the weekend, and it's come through today, so the seeds are ok. It's in the kitchen in a little pot, so will sow a few more as I have plenty, but haven't decided if I want them in the ground, or containers. It will all depend on what sun they need. I have discovered that the right side of my garden is becoming more and more useless as it gets no sun. But if rhubarb doesn't need sun, it can all go along that right side.

19/10/2012 at 13:28

I don't think it needs sun-far from it- oop north don't they force it in shed-and then you can buy pots to go over then to get the first tender sticks

You do realise from past conversations you are in this for the long haul?

19/10/2012 at 13:28

Good Afternoon Everyone

Flippin' 'eck - I just can't keep up with all the posts on here

A really murky day here - been shopping this morning and going to try out my new iron this afternoon

Salmon,potatoes,peas and spring onion sauce for dinner tonight

The Camel knitting pattern has arrived

Pam LL x

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/lilylouise1/butterfly025.jpg

Saxifrage ..............?

19/10/2012 at 13:31

From our friends in the north

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/CultureAndLeisure/HistoricWakefield/Rhubarb/default.htm

Pam-someone somwhere needs some greenhouse growing advice-I thought of you?

That is pretty

19/10/2012 at 13:33

Long Haul? Not with you. Do you mean it will be a few seasons before I can harvest?? I have my thick head on today.

Hi Pam! Have fun with your new iron! I love new gadets.

19/10/2012 at 13:35

It will be at least 2 years before rhubarb crumble-Jess will be going at to work by then and have her first boyfriend

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/fromseed

and

http://www.rhubarb-central.com/rhubarb-seeds.html

19/10/2012 at 13:40

Oh yeah, I realise that. But I'm just planning ahead for it's final position.

19/10/2012 at 13:43

I think it will do well in the shade