London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
28/10/2012 at 15:05

Great minds think alike!

Paperwork done, apparently the 'baking' not going well- glad  am not involved.

Kate- I too used to feel as if hallucinating when took certain OTC remedies! Cant take them now coz of other medication.

Mind you am sat here feeling as if falling to LHS & stone cold sober! Could be the knackered chair seat of course, never did find someone to sort, still on the 'to do' list, or more likely a response to the latest drug infusion had on Friday. J.

28/10/2012 at 15:14

Hello,all-big earthquake north of us last night--7.7 magnitude with strong aftershocks--here we didn't feel a thing. Luckily, minor damage reported, no injuries, but tsunami warnings posted. I am glad I am well above the water. Cloudy today, but nowhere near as gloomy as yesterday.

28/10/2012 at 15:26

Hi Inka, surprised that you didnt feel anything, but glad too as wouldnt be that nice.

Even in Manchester, UK, we had small shocks some yrs back. Think the epicentre was down in West Midlands, remember my Dad not feeling a thing & it was only a few miles away. He slept through it, but it woke me over 100 miles away- we have a pair of mirrored doors to a cupboard in bedroom & they rattled like mad in the middle of the night! Afterwards the shocks continued for ages- you could feel them crossing the room towards your feet- weird. J.

28/10/2012 at 15:44

It will be dark within the hour

Am planning something -so a question-has anybody ever been to Luxembourg?

28/10/2012 at 16:07

afternoon everyone, now I am more confused that usual Very good time was had at the gig  although my body did feel that it had done a couple of zumba classes for the last few days, must have been the enthusastic dancing/jumpingThe good time  then continued over the weekend........... but enough is enough Radio 4 and the gas fire is now on.

Going to finish Jo Nesbo's book Headhunters, great read, started it on Friday.The only advantage I see of the dark evening is an excuse to curl up with a good book.

No I haven't been to Luxembourg.

28/10/2012 at 16:09

I read that one on holiday HH-now for a small fee I won't spoil the ending

28/10/2012 at 16:12

Passed through Luxembourg once, without stopping - think it took about 5 minutes!

Pumpkin soup simmering on the stove, nearly ready.

Just about to have afternoon tea and cake.

28/10/2012 at 16:14

Inka, forgot to say, I experienced an earthquake once. It was when I was staying in North Wales - what surprised me was the noise, loud rumblings. Everything shook - I was in bed at the time and can remember watching the lampshade moving from side to side.

28/10/2012 at 16:15

\i remember that earth quake - when room shook I just shouted OMG it's an earthquake. Then said How did I know that - never had one before! Pictures shook. I think couple of chimneys fell down can't really remember that clearly. 

pleased no damage in Inkadog Land.

28/10/2012 at 16:20

No spoilers pleaseIt is one of those books that you really can't put downand then when you finish it you're sorry it's ended.

28/10/2012 at 16:21

I'm nore sensitive/perceptive than many people, especially to vibrations and electromagnetic radiation, and did notice the Canadian Earthquake. I became aware of it first thing this morning.

28/10/2012 at 16:22

Hollie-have you started on the Harry Hole series yet?

The earth-moving in bedrooms-too much information

28/10/2012 at 16:42

We had an earthquake in Lincolnshire about 4 years ago at about 1 am. The epicentre was a bout 20 miles from us. It was really frightening  Everything shook and as we were asleep, just for a second or two we were disorientated by it all, except my OH who slept through it. Our daughter was staying with us at the time, she came rushing through thinking it was a train derailed on the line at the end of the lane..Quite a lot of structural damage was done,not t our house but in the area, chimney pots etc. Not pleasant at all, so pleased you are okay Inkadog.

It's been a horrible day here, wet and miserable and now it's dark

Better go and get the veg on for tea, then will settle down to watch tv for an hour or two.

Batty woman AKA Chris.

28/10/2012 at 16:48

Love Jo Nesbo's books, HollieHock----and that one was a cracking read.

I was having an ultrasound in the local hospital years ago when an earthquake struck.Things were falling off the shelves, and the technician panicked. I made him stand in the doorway and count to 60--we had regular earthquake drills at school, so I knew what to do. I figured we were safe enough in hospital[first floor], although some windows were broken.

28/10/2012 at 18:12

Evening all , back now. Had a nice day visiting but driving over the Pennines was not good, very murky and no motorway lighting . Good job it wasn't me driving.

Inka, glad you're ok. We had a big earthquake in Kefelonia a few years back. Both a bit worse for wear and heard a great rumble. Hubbie said it was a truck going past. Some truck  When we got up the next day there was a large crack down the side of the hotel. No- one hurt but the island is prone to earthquakes - we still go back though .

Geoff what are you doing in Luxembourg ?

Downton tonight

28/10/2012 at 18:26

Jean-as all holidays are a military operation and planned months in advance just considering going there next year on the drive back from Spain

Is not a very big country and a day should cover all the sights -just wanted to know if anyone has been there

28/10/2012 at 18:31

Sure someone will have Geoff. I can remember Radio Luxembourg . Showing my age now  Have a google ???

28/10/2012 at 18:36
The Bogeywoman wrote (see)

I can remember Radio Luxembourg . ...

And I know how to spell Keynsham.

That's spelt K, E, Y, N, S, H, A, M.

The Canadian Earthquake aftermath is still getting coverage on Sky News. Hawaii was evaculated in the middle of the night. But the tsunami didn't materialise. So red-faced forecasters are aplogising for getting the forecast wrong and causing so much havoc.

28/10/2012 at 18:40

George , explain ? I'm lost

28/10/2012 at 18:43

Were you never aware of the completely fail-safe method of winning the treble chance on the football pools. I think the guy invented canned peas too.

Ernie will know.

PS there's no 'e' at the end of Georg.