London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
18/06/2012 at 10:37

It all went really well in the end - after lots of last minute panics, including my friend coming round to re-cover the seats of the chairs she had lent me cos she felt they were too grubby! Other friend turned up with loads of fairy cakes and loads of table decorations - lots of cans and jars covered in pretty paper with flowers in them! They looked fabulous! Then another friend turned up with 6 large pots of new guinea impatiens! I also got 2 patio roses, one pink and one cream, and a bunch of lilies, so there are flowers everywhere.

The tables all had pastel or white embroidered cloths on them, the best tea services were laid out, and it looked lovely.

Weather was fine, even warm some of the time, the birthday cake had a picture of me on it aged about 7, and No.2 son made some lovely scones and whipped up some cream to go with them. One friend had made bunting and put pictures of me on it at all different ages! Party started at 3 and the last guests left at 10, by which time we'd moved on from the tea onto the wine, and my SIL was totally out of it and had become best friends with my friend from the Isle of Wight who she'd never met before!

One friend I hadn't seen for a while came with her daughter and 2 week old grandaughter, who was totally gorgeous.

Alfie and the chickens got fed all sorts of non- appropriate food, and I've somehow offered to look after the little boy up the road's pet newts when he goes on holiday!

All in all I had a thoroughly nice time, and there's still loads of cake left!

18/06/2012 at 11:10

Ahhh Lottie sounds fabulous, only 10 years to go to the next big one

18/06/2012 at 11:36

Am back-it was very quiet at 8am and rather soggy the good thing is there is no waiting and no bunching-an indifferent round -I will not be playing in the Open any time soon,

Lotties sounds a fab day-where is my cake?

18/06/2012 at 12:14

Hi all.

Lottie am soo jealous- when suggested for me was met with flat refusal- but glad that you all had a great time.

Am stuck inside on a nice sunny day waiting on a large parcel delivery guarenteed for today & has been dispatched. Hmm, note on door perhaps?

OH phoned to say he'd taken a 2cnd cauliflower! Drat, that was for daughters' & my tea! Why couldnt he look in the carrier first AND I'd told him that his was in there- we got 2 really nice ones on saturday. Now am stuck for tonight.......

Neighbour has spoken to boss of workmen & put them/him straight. Our door, after me doing it yesterday, isnt too bad, but hers' is, despite the plastic covering it. As long as no workmen set foot on our property I dont care what they do to her side.

Now where is a sheet of paper for a note? J.

18/06/2012 at 14:16

Jo-have you found the voucher yet?-it has been playing on my mind

Whats in the large parcel?-love a good guessing game

18/06/2012 at 14:29

I have done more pruning up my very tall step ladder, still more to do but that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Now I fancy cauliflower cheese.

I thought that new drama was awful, I would have changed the locks.

18/06/2012 at 14:40

It was something and nothing the sort of thing that is in the afternoons without the naughty bits-which were unnecessary in my opinion-apparently the stories are linked- -her from EE is in the one tonight again.

Did you see anything from the top of the ladder?

18/06/2012 at 15:06

I thought it was such a waste of talent.

The Italians have accused the Spanish and Croatians of match fixing, should be fun tonight.

I still could not see through the russian vine! It is a monster. 

18/06/2012 at 15:10

Which team said they had been sabotaged by eating something dodgy?

18/06/2012 at 15:21

Ukraine, which is odd as they are a host nation

18/06/2012 at 15:25

Ukraine if you want to- this chap is not for ukraining

39days to the lympics

18/06/2012 at 15:31

MIL lives within walking distance of the main stadium, not sure if we will be able to visit during the 6 weeks

18/06/2012 at 15:35

Is that a good thing?

Is she letting out her drive for parking?

Should I go to Wimbledon on my own?

18/06/2012 at 15:36

Seems like I didn't miss much with the new drama - had thought I might watch but then forgot to record.

Plot is looking a bit more organised now - and its nice of the strawberries to finally ripen today when I needed them yesterday!!

18/06/2012 at 15:50

Lottie - I am pleased your party went well

Pam x

18/06/2012 at 15:52

Pam -how long is it till the open day?

Have you got any non-big spider photos?

18/06/2012 at 15:54

Lottie I am surprised that you went today, I imagined that you spent your lunch hour in a dark room with a cold flannel on your forehead.

Geoff I have been lots of places on my own including on holiday so I would say yes.

I think the concern with inlaws, is that if anything goes wrong it would take us 3 hours to get to them.

18/06/2012 at 15:59

I have been on my own before-about 20years ago- and it is £20 ground admission which for 9+ hours is not bad-still mulling-but can I stand the hassle?

Didn't think of that as regards in-laws-my golf partner has tickets to lympic football

18/06/2012 at 16:14

Imagine the stories you will have to tell the kids

18/06/2012 at 16:16
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Pam -how long is it till the open day?

Have you got any non-big spider photos?

It is 5 weeks away  Scary !! We are working like mad things at the moment trying to get everything planted - I will sort some photos out and post them

Pam x