London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
30/10/2012 at 13:48

May be the builders  can smell the bread baking 

30/10/2012 at 13:51

Afternoon all.

Not too wobbly today, good as did a quick local shop, then dropped OH's film off for processing- yes old fashioned but some people do still use it! Completely forgot to actually check when to collect it so shall trot up sometime next week I think.

Then braved TC. Still half-term for some, but got there early & parked a good distance away, so easy. Took non fitting top back to M&S & then bought food treats as requested by daughter. Then trotted up, slight slope, to cafe for my coffee. Then as 20% of household stuff got a new bathrack that have been eying for ages. It'll just appear when we have new bath.

Am one of the women who's cancer was picked up by screening, so was all ears this morning. Am not one of the 'overtreated' ladies as mine was an invasive sort,  still upsetting though.

Wild & windy outside today, so shall keep busy inside. Spare room still awaits... J.

30/10/2012 at 13:52

I have used mycorhizal fungi on all shrub,tree and rose planting. I cannot honestly say it makes a difference as I do not know BUT with an old garden completely cleared, what was there before was not known. The fungi was recommended for that reason. Everything seems to be growing OK. Don't know if that's the fungi, the soil or thr brilliant gardener!!!

30/10/2012 at 13:59

Jo it is a very difficult dilemma do you go to the doctor with every single concern or do you wait a bit and once you go if he recommend further tests,  then would you say no?

30/10/2012 at 14:09

Kate, it's still a difficult decision either way. You dont get a lot of time to think, but do get overloaded with information. So I can see both sides of the situation that's being discussed today. BTW I did refuse a certain type of scan as it wasnt just the ONLY way of confirming something, just the most reliable. Made my views quite clear & on a subsequent appointment with my very strong minded surgeon not a dickie bird about it was mentioned! J.

30/10/2012 at 14:10

It is difficult. I always go when i have the letter and get quite up tight about it. I do know a couple who have been picked up by the routine test. I think really it's a case of  take a deep breath, do it,  I think most women know their bodies very well and would recognise the need or not for action.

Hope that makes sense, it's something I feel strongly about.

Change of subject. It's now gone much darker and cold so I think maybe I won't be going out this afternoon.

Changed mind and going out to re-plant some things from yesterday.

Just put fruit to soak for C******** pudding

30/10/2012 at 15:07

This morning I have played golf-we tried a different course as the usual one is out of action for 6 months-found 2 balls and one tee

This afternoon I have crushed some egg-shells-now looking for some paint to watch dry to heighten the excitement.

One day-Kate- the builders will finish

I wonder if Sammy and mates have got the nod yet

30/10/2012 at 15:08

Geoff do you lose balls in the same proportion to finding them? I have to ask why did you crush egg shells?

30/10/2012 at 15:18

I was sneaky-this course is near to the driving range and the balls had gone over the fence-I nicked them-but unknowingly-will probably "find" some more next week-lost 2 last week so about even

Crushed egg shell is a recycling thing it goes in the chicken grit feed-what comes out goes back in-very green

'arry is not going to Blackburn -he says

30/10/2012 at 15:27

I will visit you in Dartmoor and bring cake

When I was a child the chickens were fed the ashes from the fire

There are several good jobs coming up in the South so he will probably wait for one of them, I do not know how anyone will go to Blackburn without some serious changes to the way it has been run.

30/10/2012 at 15:39

Yay-Dartmoor-all my dreams have come true

Aldershot might need 'arry

How come West 'am are doing so well?

What do ashes taste like?

30/10/2012 at 15:52

I eat a lot of burnt food and it has not killed me yet

It is really simple if you have limited resources but do not mind working hard then you can finish mid table, but if you try to play exciting football against the big guns they will out play you. If I was QPR I would be making phone calls to Arry now

30/10/2012 at 16:10

A quick question - can you use shredded paper for chicken bedding? I may be able to acquire some, and was wondering.....Of course I could put it straight into the compost heap but thought the chickens might be able to make use of it first.

My chickens seem to have given up laying now. Lightweights.

I have no cake, might be tempted to have one of the mini treats I bought for the trick or treaters. I feel the need for chocolate.

30/10/2012 at 16:13

Your need is greater than those trick or treaters.

30/10/2012 at 16:25
30/10/2012 at 16:27

Afternoon all!

Jo! As kate say's "You are an inspiration"

Kate! As Geoff say's "One day-Kate-the builders WILL finish" 

Beck's! "Stay clear of the man with the two metal prong's!"

30/10/2012 at 16:29

Thanks both - chocolate for me and shredded paper for the chickens then!

30/10/2012 at 16:40

Lottie -don't confuse the two items.

Dean-you are clocking in earlier ever day

30/10/2012 at 16:42

Early finishes this week Geoff! It's my six day week! 

30/10/2012 at 16:50

Dean you are right but they are so noisy.